Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Band questions.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Band questions. Empty
PostSubject: Band questions.   Band questions. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 3:01 pm

In a catalog found some bands that might be interested.
Has anyone heard of Fierce Heart?
Or Valor, "Fight for Your Life", classic underground, powerful melodic metal reissue.
Warlight "Bloodchronicles" intense German import, equal parts glam, rock and metal.
Is "Soul Asylum" of Ransom a cool CD?
What about "Wicked Generation" of Sacred Warrior?

I'm very interested to hear what you know about these bands.
Or the albums of Ransom and Sacred Warrior are cool albums.
Maybe there are better albums of Ransom and Sacred Warrior than those?
Back to top Go down
7thSecond

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

Band questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band questions.   Band questions. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 6:37 pm

I only have Soul Asylum by Ransom. It's a pretty good album, but not near as good as their first album, from what I've heard anyway. As far as Wicked generation, I think it's considered Sacred Warriors weakest album as well. I don't know though, as it's the only SW album I'm Missing. Weakest album by these two bands is still pretty good though. Here's a hint. If it's still available now days for a half decent price, then it's usually a bands weaker stuff. Like I said though, that doesn't mean it's not pretty good.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Band questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band questions.   Band questions. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 10:00 pm

Either of the 2 releases by Ransom are worth owning--if you can find them for a decent price.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
7thSecond

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

Band questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band questions.   Band questions. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 10:41 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Either of the 2 releases by Ransom are worth owning--if you can find them for a decent price.
Which of their albums do you like better Chris? I might have to hunt down that first one one day.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Band questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band questions.   Band questions. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 7:49 am

I can't say that I really like either more. There are songs on both that are great. Most metal fans, however, do prefer their debut. Me, I can't choose between the two.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Band questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band questions.   Band questions. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 7:51 am

"Soul Asylum" is $ 12 and this album is a bit bluesier than the first Ranson album.
That's not a bad price for a CD I think?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Band questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band questions.   Band questions. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 8:53 am

If you can get this for only $12, get it. You'd love it, Vonnie.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Band questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band questions.   Band questions. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 2:54 pm

As for Ransom, I think I would weight their two albums equally. The first album has more of a metallic "hair-metal" sheen to it, but some of the songs are rather un-memorable. The Ransom album has better songs (IMO) but they lost a little of "metal" influence on the album.

Isn't Fierce Hart the pre Whitecross album of Rex Carroll. I'm not even sure it is actually a "Christian Band" per se.

I agree that "Wicked Generation" is probably not a good representation of Sacred Warrior. IMO it does have a few "throw-away" songs in it.

I have only heard the Valor album once, and was not very impressed with it. If I remember correctly it was almost a boder-line thrash album. Not sure I have even heard of Warlight, aren't they a hardcore band.

Send me a p.m. and I can get you some MP3 files to check out for "Soul Asylum" and "Wicked Generation".

Number of posts : 3876

Band questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band questions.   Band questions. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 10:51 pm

You wouldn't like the Valor - not cookie monster, but thrashy.

Sponsored content

Band questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band questions.   Band questions. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Band questions.
Page 1 of 1