Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MP3 questions.

Go down 
+4
Redeemed Fool
Staybrite
messiaen77
rockerVu2
8 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

MP3 questions. Empty
PostSubject: MP3 questions.   MP3 questions. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 8:51 am

Do you have an mp3 player or do you listen to music on your phone?
Do you set you mp3 player on random?
Or you listen to complete albums?
When you are getting new CDs do you always put them on your mp3 player?
Or you wait till you want to listen to that CD?
Sometimes it's hard to get songs on your mp3 player.
Do you have an mp3 player what makes it easy to put new music on?
Yep, I know lots of questions this time.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

MP3 questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP3 questions.   MP3 questions. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 9:11 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
Do you have an mp3 player or do you listen to music on your phone?
Do you set you mp3 player on random?
Or you listen to complete albums?
When you are getting new CDs do you always put them on your mp3 player?
Or you wait till you want to listen to that CD?
Sometimes it's hard to get songs on your mp3 player.
Do you have an mp3 player what makes it easy to put new music on?
Yep, I know lots of questions this time.
1.  I have both, but generally listen on my phone.  I got a new mp3 player for my birthday a few years ago when I had a "dumb" phone, but then I got my iPhone a couple months later.  I have an Amazon Cloud Player account, so I have uploaded nearly my whole music collection there and can stream them to my phone.
2.  I usually listen by albums, but sometimes I hit shuffle just to get some variety.  I usually do that when I'm not really sure what I want to listen to but I know I want to listen to something.
3.  I usually buy mp3s when I buy new music, but when I do get CDs, I usually listen to the CD before ripping.  I don't know why, but I do.
4.  Already answered in terms of my phone (I hate iTunes, so the streaming thing is much easier, plus I can download to the phone so I can listen more easily in places with poor network reception.)  My mp3 player is a breeze--I can transfer out of Windows Media Player or just drag-and-drop.
Back to top Go down

MP3 questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP3 questions.   MP3 questions. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 10:11 am

I don't use a portable MP3 player.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

MP3 questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP3 questions.   MP3 questions. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 11:33 am

I don't have an MP3 player (but I have owned a few). However I listen to MP3s on my phone occasional and quite often in my car (which has MP3 player built into the stereo) and I also listen to MP3 music at work & home on my computer.

I almost always rip new cds to MP3 files before listening to them.
I almost always listen to complete albums (however I tend to delete the one or two tracks on each album that I don't care for).

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

MP3 questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP3 questions.   MP3 questions. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 11:42 am

I have a portable but don't listen much, usually doing yard work.
I rip most things to my ancient computer and listen a lot on it.
I do the shuffle thing and the album listen about 50-50.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

MP3 questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP3 questions.   MP3 questions. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 11:54 am

I got more gadgets than Inspector Gadget himself.  Laughing 

I have a 16GB Palm Pre phone that is inactivated and is being used as strictly an mp3 player. That stays in my bathroom and every morning I shower, it shuffles out multiple songs - but I mostly play podcasts like Rocksalt or Heaven's Metal on it. (easy drag and drop format for mp3s)

(Got rid of my very UN-user friendly iPhone) I have a huge Note 3 phone (drag and drop format for mp3s) that has 32 onboard GB and a 32 GB card for a nice 64GB of space - of which about 40GB is music. If I'm driving longer than a 30 minute drive, I plug it into my Sony XPlod and the sound in my truck is amazing !

I prefer to own the original CD and rip that to mp3 (depending on what I'm ripping it to, some are as low as 192kbps, many others are 320), unfortunately a lot of albums that have been on my want list were download only which bums me out. Then there's those mp3s that come from "magic land". I have many albums from "magic land" that I plan to obtain an original CD or LP of someday.

As well as CD boombox with aux input, and all the other equipment in my entertainment system that plays mp3s (I have an old desktop behind the E.T. that has a 1TB HDD with all our music and home vids, other funny vids and movies, that hooks up to my TV and I have remote controlled laptop and mouse to sit on my couch and work the PC to play a music shuffle to the amplified speakers and even a picture shuffle - pretty nice to have at family get togethers) I also have the classic system in my media room with all the decks needed for classic music play as well as newer tech. (AMP runs a record player, CD recorder/player deck, 8-Track [yes, you read that right], and a dual cassette player).

And that doesn't include my wife's cool gadgets I got her.  Cool

(oh and yes, I'm a 50/50 person when it comes to listening to an album all the way through as opposed to shuffling)

Last edited by Guilty/Forgiven on Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

MP3 questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP3 questions.   MP3 questions. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 12:25 pm

I have both an iPod and iPhone and I'll listen to my music with either.  But I mainly listen using a thumb drive on my computer at work and in my car.

For the most part, I'll listen to my music on random.  But when I'm working on an album review, I'll listen to just the album.

Yes, I always rip my CDs to my computer.  It allows me to use the music for my internet radio show Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

MP3 questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP3 questions.   MP3 questions. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 8:00 am

Do you have an mp3 player or do you listen to music on your phone?  MP3 player

Do you set you mp3 player on random?  Rarely

Or you listen to complete albums?  Complete albums!

When you are getting new CDs do you always put them on your mp3 player?  I do!

Or you wait till you want to listen to that CD?  I have many CDs that have only been played once and that was during the rip to MP3.

Sometimes it's hard to get songs on your mp3 player.  Do you have an mp3 player what makes it easy to put new music on?  Pretty easy.  You just stick that little ol' CD into the computer and a couple of clicks later you are done.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

MP3 questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP3 questions.   MP3 questions. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 9:12 am

I use my phone as my MP3 player. I find I rarely put on complete albums, but I usually pick the songs to which I want to listen. (When I'm in the car, it's a different story; I always just put in a CD and listen to it.) Whenever I get a CD, I import it immediately to iTunes, but I usually don't listen to the MP3 files until I listen to the full CD first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MP3 questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP3 questions.   MP3 questions. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MP3 questions.
Page 1 of 1