Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Attacks on the church

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Just_Sue

Just_Sue

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Attacks on the church Empty
PostSubject: Attacks on the church   Attacks on the church I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 5:35 pm

by now, most of you have probably heard about the incident at a church in Illinois, where a gunman walked in, exchanged words with the minister, then opened fire, shooting through the minister's Bible 4 times, before a 5th shot struck the minister and killed him.

this isnt a new story. there have been other incidents in recent history and it really makes you wonder how much worse it'll get and where will this attack against faith manifest itself next.

this past week rumors in my area have been swirling about gang initiation activity. the word was that gang prospects were going to kill 3 women at area Wal-Marts and also walk into area churches and kill a few.

this was written off as a hoax and i personally didnt put any stock in it.
when my sister-in-law passed the story on to my mama, i laughed it off.

well, in my church's morning service a man walked in and stood at the back of the sanctuary. he was recognized as somebody who'd been in the service at least once before, again standing at the back of the sanctuary.

at a certain point during the Praise and Worship service, he approached a woman, got in her face and said, 'i'm going to kill you.'
he then walked out, got in a car and drove away.

the lady he'd threatened was so upset that after reporting to the ushers what had just happened, she left the service to make a police report.

the ushers want to institute some sort of tight security at the door but our pastor doesnt want to go that route. he wants to pray Psalm 90 over it and move on as usual.

i dont know if this guy has any real designs on hurting somebody at the church. he may have gotten wind of the gang rumors and decided to take it and run with it or maybe there's actually something to the rumors. i dont know.

either way, it's getting to that point where no place is safe or sacred.
No
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Attacks on the church   Attacks on the church I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 8:29 am

Quote :
it's getting to that point where no place is safe or sacred.

The USA is already a post-Christian nation and is moving swiftly towards a godless nation. Nothing is held sacred by many, and things to do with the Lord is seen as evil. I believe this to be just be beginning of sorrows for Christians in the USA, and around the world.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23424
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Attacks on the church   Attacks on the church I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 4:01 pm

Very scary Sue.

And sadly I think I would probably have to agree with Alldat.

Just_Sue

PostSubject: Re: Attacks on the church   Attacks on the church I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 5:54 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Very scary Sue.

And sadly I think I would probably have to agree with Alldat.

i absolutely agree with alldat, but it never ceases to shock me when things like this occur.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Attacks on the church   Attacks on the church I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 9:19 am

I think for a while that the pastor should allow someone to at least stand guard at your church, Sue, since you have had that creepy incident. It could be a random one time event. However, is it worth having a sanctuary full of wounded and dead churchgoers if the threat was real? It isn't like you've got to put armed guards at the door. Just have an usher lock the door when the service starts and watch for people coming in late. If the fire marshall wants to make a big deal out of locking the door in case of an emergency, then tell him that this is why there is an usher at the door--to open it in case of fire.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Just_Sue

Just_Sue

PostSubject: Re: Attacks on the church   Attacks on the church I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 10:24 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I think for a while that the pastor should allow someone to at least stand guard at your church, Sue, since you have had that creepy incident. It could be a random one time event. However, is it worth having a sanctuary full of wounded and dead churchgoers if the threat was real? It isn't like you've got to put armed guards at the door. Just have an usher lock the door when the service starts and watch for people coming in late. If the fire marshall wants to make a big deal out of locking the door in case of an emergency, then tell him that this is why there is an usher at the door--to open it in case of fire.

well, i'm not sure what they're going to do, ultimately, but the guy i was talking to is a member of the board and i'm sure there'll be some lively conversation at the next board meeting.
Back to top Go down
sabidoo

sabidoo

Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Attacks on the church   Attacks on the church I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 11:47 am

I see no problem with the wiser people just packing a nice 357 under their suit jacket. And you ladies could easily slip a small .380 derringer into your purses.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Attacks on the church   Attacks on the church I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 11:55 am

And maybe a couple of snipers to shoot some cover fire to make the latecomers know to get to church early next time!

Back to top Go down
Just_Sue

Just_Sue

PostSubject: Re: Attacks on the church   Attacks on the church I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 12:32 pm

sabidoo wrote:
I see no problem with the wiser people just packing a nice 357 under their suit jacket. And you ladies could easily slip a small .380 derringer into your purses.

i'm still planning to get a Derringer .22, but i've got to get around this 'not having a job' thing, first.
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Attacks on the church   Attacks on the church I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 4:22 pm

sabidoo wrote:

I have a retired police officer in the congregation and he does carry his weapon. He had stopped after he retired, but in light of recent events, he said he was going to start again. BTW, we are only about 50 miles from where the pastor was killed a couple of weeks ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attacks on the church   Attacks on the church I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 9:28 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
And maybe a couple of snipers to shoot some cover fire to make the latecomers know to get to church early next time!

Do you have two teenagers to get ready? I didn't think so! Mad

Seriously, that is scary. My wife works at Wal-Mart, and she got that text just hours before having to go to work You better believe we were praying big time before she went.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attacks on the church   Attacks on the church I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Attacks on the church
Page 1 of 1