Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Skillet/Disciple/Decyfer Down

Go down 
+3
elsid
silentthunder89
alldatndensum
7 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Skillet/Disciple/Decyfer Down Empty
PostSubject: Skillet/Disciple/Decyfer Down   Skillet/Disciple/Decyfer Down I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 11:31 am

I'm getting to go see these 3 bands Saturday night in Nashville! My neck will probably be major sore from headbangin' on Sunday, but it will SO be worth it!

Crank it up!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Skillet/Disciple/Decyfer Down   Skillet/Disciple/Decyfer Down I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 11:37 am

NICE!!! Unfortunately the Comatose tour doesn't come anywhere in KY, but at least I'll get to see all those guys at Ichthus in June!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
elsid

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Skillet/Disciple/Decyfer Down   Skillet/Disciple/Decyfer Down I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 12:17 pm

I missed it this past Saturday here in the DFW area. Red was on the bill here as well, for the same day, as part of a two-day Christian music mini-fest at Six Flags.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Skillet/Disciple/Decyfer Down   Skillet/Disciple/Decyfer Down I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 1:04 pm

I think it will be cool to get to hear some of the new Skillet and Decyfer Down tunes live before the CDs come out. I've got the DD one preordered, so I'm pretty stoked about it coming out. I've never seen DD live before. I've seen Skillet once, but they were having a ton of technical problems that nearly ruined their set. I've also seen Disciple several times, but I can definitely sit through another show of theirs!

I think it's gonna be a great night!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Skillet/Disciple/Decyfer Down   Skillet/Disciple/Decyfer Down I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 1:27 pm

Quote :
I've never seen DD live before. I've seen
Skillet once, but they were having a ton of technical problems that
nearly ruined their set.

Well, then you're in for QUITE a show my friend!! Surprised
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Skillet/Disciple/Decyfer Down   Skillet/Disciple/Decyfer Down I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 4:09 pm

Sounds someone has a wonderful Saturday night.
I've seen Disciple live and ohhhh what a cool show was that.
You never can see to much disciple I think.
Never seen Skillet and Decyfer Down.
Headbang Headbang Headbang

There you go.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Skillet/Disciple/Decyfer Down   Skillet/Disciple/Decyfer Down I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 8:23 pm

Who's headlining Disciple or Skillet?

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Skillet/Disciple/Decyfer Down   Skillet/Disciple/Decyfer Down I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 10:42 pm

Skillet is headling. It's like the second leg of thier Comatose tour (the first was Thousand Foot Krutch & Decyfer Down). They (Skillet) are probably the best live band in Christian music today. Disciple is also extremley good as well. I have heard that Skillet is playing 2 new songs from thier upcoming album in August. The songs are 'Monster" and 'Hero". I'm just bumbed that they the tour is coming to Iowa but about 3 hours away. Then they are in Omah which isn't far but it is on a Sunday night. This is like a dream concert for Christian music. Oh yeah, you will be sore from all the headbanging
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Skillet/Disciple/Decyfer Down   Skillet/Disciple/Decyfer Down I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 11:05 pm

For your all's enjoyment, after hearing that Skillet have been playing a couple new songs at live shows, I went and looked them up. Here's the best quality videos I could find. Its pretty distorted, but you know how live videos can sound:

Monster
Hero
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Skillet/Disciple/Decyfer Down   Skillet/Disciple/Decyfer Down I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 9:16 am

I didn't even bother going when they came to town last week. $21 isn't reasonable in my eyes. I'd have gone for half that. Oddly, nobody I know that went has said anything about it.

elsid

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Skillet/Disciple/Decyfer Down   Skillet/Disciple/Decyfer Down I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 12:34 pm

ChosenOne wrote:
Skillet is headling. It's like the second leg of thier Comatose tour (the first was Thousand Foot Krutch & Decyfer Down). They (Skillet) are probably the best live band in Christian music today. Disciple is also extremley good as well. I have heard that Skillet is playing 2 new songs from thier upcoming album in August. The songs are 'Monster" and 'Hero". I'm just bumbed that they the tour is coming to Iowa but about 3 hours away. Then they are in Omah which isn't far but it is on a Sunday night. This is like a dream concert for Christian music. Oh yeah, you will be sore from all the headbanging

They are also playing KC next weekend at Worlds of Fun. Added to that show is Switchfoot, plus the others. It is kind of like what happened in Dallas with Red being added at Six Flags.

I haven't seen Disciple or Decyfer Down, though I have seen Skillet a half dozen times or so. Have known John since we were kids. I, too am looking forward to hearing the new Decyfer Down. That way I can compare it to the full pre-release with Caleb singing. The couple of songs that I have heard are good.

Decyfer Down is going to stick with Skillet on the new album tour as well. This fall it will be Skillet/Decyfer Down/Hawk Nelson.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Skillet/Disciple/Decyfer Down   Skillet/Disciple/Decyfer Down I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 1:05 pm

Quote :
I didn't even bother going when they came to
town last week. $21 isn't reasonable in my eyes. I'd have gone for half
that. Oddly, nobody I know that went has said anything about it.

$21 too much for THREE bands? Man, you are a cheapskate! If you were going to see someone like AC/DC or any other secular rock show, tickets would be $50-60 for cheap seats nowadays! When you look at the fact that Ticketmaster gets their cut first, the booking agent next, the venue owner third, and then the bands finally get their paltry part, it is really a wonder that ticket prices for Christian artists aren't substantally HIGHER than they are. Do you expect them to live on bread and water with shoddy gear live? Sure, these bands might be doing this as a ministry, but they and their familes have got to be taken care of financially.

I paid $28 each for my two tickets not even knowing if someone were going with me. My wife doesn't care for any of these three bands, so I knew I would need a buddy. But, I hate going to concerts alone. So, I asked a guy I know to go with me. I think we're gonna have a great time.

Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Skillet/Disciple/Decyfer Down   Skillet/Disciple/Decyfer Down I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 1:52 pm

It's only 120 to go to Ichthus. That may sound like a lot, but when you take into account that there's going to be 111+ bands there, I think it's worth it. Actually, Im only paying 25 to go. I was lucky enough to get a spot selling merchandise in the merch tent. All I have to work is 9 hours out of the 3 day weekend!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Skillet/Disciple/Decyfer Down   Skillet/Disciple/Decyfer Down I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 3:57 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

$21 too much for THREE bands? Man, you are a cheapskate!

Ouch! Harsh dude. silent

I agree that I don't think $21 is too much for 3 (or even 2 established) bands. But I don't think I could have been so brutal.
ROTFL

I think the last major concert I actually paid money to see was Fleetwood Mac (secular group) back in the late 90's. They were the only band performing (but they did play for more than 2.5 hours). And we got a sweet deal on the tickets from a brother of a friend who was a concert promoter. We paid more than $75 for two tickets (half-price), and sat within the first 15 rows. Now I wouldn't have paid full price for those tickets, but here it is a decade later and you can see 3 bands (who actually get radio airplay) for under $30? Sounds like a decent deal to me.

I just spent $150 (parking included) to send 8 people to a Seattle Mariniers game, and those where nose-bleed seats on family appreciation night (comes out to about $19 per person).

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Skillet/Disciple/Decyfer Down   Skillet/Disciple/Decyfer Down I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 11:05 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
$21 too much for THREE bands? Man, you are a cheapskate!
I call it frugal and being a good steward of God's money.
Quote :
If you were going to see someone like AC/DC or any other secular rock show, tickets would be $50-60 for cheap seats nowadays!
Hence, why I stopped going to concerts in the mid 90s. I think Rush in 95 was my last. I would have made an exception for the Black Sabbath reunion but it never made it near here I guess.

The most I've had to pay for a show in the past 7 years since I've been saved is $10. Had they not decided to go with the largest venue in town where they would have been very lucky to fill to even 10% capacity (even big name secular artists don't come close to filling it except on very rare cases), this show could have been that price. The ONLY good thing about this decision is they may have pulled in some bored college kids who had no idea the bands playing their campus arena were Christian.

Things are more expensive around Nashville so I'm not surprised you'd regularly have to pay $20 for a decent show. I don't place high value on concerts though unless I can run the soundboard.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Skillet/Disciple/Decyfer Down   Skillet/Disciple/Decyfer Down I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 4:17 pm

Last night's show was a lot of fun!

Decyfer Down kicked things off and were sounding pretty good. They mostly did stuff from their new CD, so I did not know their songs. Neither did the crowd. So, that put a hurting on them as far as crowd reception went. They only did two songs I recognized. I will say that the new vocalist sounds very much like their original singer on those songs, though. Since DD doesn't have a bassist at this time, Kevin from Disciple filled in on bass for this show.

Disciple was up next. They stuck to material from their last 3 CDs. But, with a double guitar attack now, even some of those songs have guitar solos added live. The new players in the band really add a lot of energy to an already energetic live band. They played for a little over an hour and had the house eating out of their hand!

Skillet was up next. Most of the crowd was there to see them, so there were a lot of people singing along with their songs. The music was loud (but incredibly clear), and the pyrotechnics were plentiful! Skillet has a violinist touring with them to add the string sounds to their songs. Also, they were using an extra bass player on several songs so that John could focus on singing. The crowd was absolutely nuts during their set that was nearly 1 1/2 hours long. They stuck mostly to the "Comatose" and "Collide" CDs. They did, however play 2 new songs called "Hero" and "Monster" from their new CD coming out in August. They were heavy!

All in all it was a great night. I've never been to a concert with better sound than this. Everything was crystal clear last night. The volume was loud, but not so much that you would need ear plugs. My ears did not ring at all after the show.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Skillet/Disciple/Decyfer Down   Skillet/Disciple/Decyfer Down I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 6:50 pm

Very cool. Sounds like a great time.

PostSubject: Re: Skillet/Disciple/Decyfer Down   Skillet/Disciple/Decyfer Down I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skillet/Disciple/Decyfer Down
Page 1 of 1