Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Elvis Musical

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

The Elvis  Musical Empty
PostSubject: The Elvis Musical   The Elvis  Musical I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 11:26 am

O.k., so I did it.

My mom has always loved Elvis.
She had never seen him in concert before he kicked off in '77.
So, I bought tickets to Paul Casey's impersonation musical and took my wife and mom.

While my mother was screaming like a teenage girl, my wife and I looked at each with an impressed look. This guy does an excellent job ! We were very surprised at him and his band (orchestra). 2 hours of pure 60's and 70's entertainment. http://www.americantrilogyshow.com/CAST.html
A lot of talent went into this show and my dear mother felt young again. And for that, it was worth it.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

The Elvis  Musical Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elvis Musical   The Elvis  Musical I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 4:01 pm

Very cool.
One of the better shows I went to (years and years ago) was a tribute band they were called "1964 as the Beatles". It was like watching the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan show, only live.

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

The Elvis  Musical Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elvis Musical   The Elvis  Musical I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 10:30 pm

I saw Beatlemania when I was about 11 or 12. Was pretty cool, but I've never been a big fan of the Beatles. I have an appreciation for some of their music and tend towards Paul McCartney's Wings music over the Beatles stuff.
Walking with Christ, I've especially taken issue with a lot of the lesser known Beatle's songs and Lennon trash that belittles Christianity and God. I appreciated their talents, but feel they used their stage (esp Lennon) to preach anti-Bible/Pro-eastern junk rather than entertain.

Elvis wasn't a whole lot better.... though he did "gospel" stuff and even though he wasn't "anti-God", he was into some other weird stuff. Self-redemption songs, able to speak/hear from his dead brother, improper prescription use.
('course you can't tell my mom any of that... she's looking forward to seeing the "king" in Heaven with the True King).... only room in heaven for ONE KING ! JESUS !
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

The Elvis  Musical Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elvis Musical   The Elvis  Musical I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 3:11 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Walking with Christ, I've especially taken issue with a lot of the lesser known Beatle's songs and Lennon trash that belittles Christianity and God. I appreciated their talents, but feel they used their stage (esp Lennon) to preach anti-Bible/Pro-eastern junk rather than entertain.

Agreed. But you gotta expect that from those who do not know salvation through Jesus.

The Elvis  Musical Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elvis Musical   The Elvis  Musical I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 11:01 pm

I went to an Elvis impersonator here locally. Pretty good, but I danced with my mother in law. That's an odd thing right there, but it was all in fun. lol!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

The Elvis  Musical Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elvis Musical   The Elvis  Musical I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 1:26 pm

I used to go to church with Elvis Wade--the most famous Elvis impersonator of all. He used to tour the world and even had an act in Vegas for many years with Elvis' real band. Mr. Wade always appreciated me not making a big deal over him being a professional musician and impersonator. He liked just being a regular joe.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

The Elvis  Musical Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elvis Musical   The Elvis  Musical I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 4:02 pm

Did you ever get his autograph? Laughing

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

The Elvis  Musical Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elvis Musical   The Elvis  Musical I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 4:03 pm

To be honest, I never asked.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

The Elvis  Musical Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elvis Musical   The Elvis  Musical I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 11:35 pm

Well, it was supposed to be a joke, but since you have been at the hospital a lot the last few days I can understand that your "sense of humor" meter is probably not on full steam.

The Elvis  Musical Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elvis Musical   The Elvis  Musical I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Elvis Musical
Page 1 of 1