Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So, let me get this straight.........

Go down 
+3
alldatndensum
silentthunder89
Fundy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5327
Registration date : 2007-05-04

So, let me get this straight......... Empty
PostSubject: So, let me get this straight.........   So, let me get this straight......... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 6:18 pm

1. New Tourniquet album this year.
2. New Stryper album this year.
3. New Bloodgood album sometime in the future.
4. New Barren Cross album sometime in the future.
5. New Sacred Warrior album sometime in the future.
6. New Whitecross album sometime in the future.
7. Petra are doing a couple of gigs/concerts this year.
8. Guy Ritter is jamming with a couple of friends, to possibly record something......
9. Theocracy are recording a new album.
10. ReinXeed are writing a new (4th) album.
11. Stairway are releasing Interegnnum soon.

Someone pinch me!

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: So, let me get this straight.........   So, let me get this straight......... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 7:39 pm

[pinch]
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: So, let me get this straight.........   So, let me get this straight......... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 9:43 pm

It does seem like a good year. You also forgot that Disciple is supposed to have a new one by year's end.

It looks to be a REALLY good year!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: So, let me get this straight.........   So, let me get this straight......... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 9:46 pm

It does look like it is shaping up to be a very good year indeed.

MetalFRO

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: So, let me get this straight.........   So, let me get this straight......... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 10:04 pm

Yeah, a great year for traditional & classic metal genre fans!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: So, let me get this straight.........   So, let me get this straight......... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 10:20 pm

Maybe I'm just getting old and jaded, but the list really doesn't look "real" to me. I can see several of those falling through the cracks and not making it: Barren Cross, Sacred Warrior, and Whitecross have all disappointed on a number of occasions. Stryper is making an album of cover tunes, nothing new here. Guy Ritter and Tourniquet are not of my taste.

Basically, the Theocracy and ReinXeed are the only ones I am really excited about. IF some of the others see the light of day, I will probably wait to hear some reviews of the material before I purchase. Just because a classic band is releasing an album doesn't mean that it will be recognizable by their earlier standards.

Not trying to be a downer, but I find it very difficult to get all excited with the track records of serveral of these bands.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: So, let me get this straight.........   So, let me get this straight......... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 4:09 am

I know what you mean, but it does sound more positive than it has done in the past. ReinXeed have finished their 3rd album, and it will be released in April, and they're writing their 4th album as we speak (errrr.... type). Stryper's covers album is ok and the songs they've chosen are quite good ones, but they're also putting an original song on the album to sway the cautious into buying it (well, that worked for me!) Barren Cross seem to be serious about a new album, and the Whitecross/King James news is great too as it's come from Retroactive and they are pretty good for getting things right.

Bloodgood and Sacred Warrior are the 2 I am most concerned about in regards to if they will see the light of day, but SW have done alot of the album already so I would think it's just a matter of time.

Other albums I'm looking forward to this year are Mission Of One (of course!) and Eternal Decision, who should be on the way to doing their 4th album.

I didn't realise Disciple are doing a new album, and whilst the new Disciple isn't exactly to my taste anymore (This Might Sting, By God and Back Again are the ones I love) I still think I'll be buying it.

Fundy

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: So, let me get this straight.........   So, let me get this straight......... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 9:08 am

I didn't realize Disciple was workin on a new one either. I really liked Southern Hospitality, but I'm a sucker for southern rock/ metal anyway lol
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: So, let me get this straight.........   So, let me get this straight......... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 11:03 am

Nazpastor, tell us what is the music you really like.
The music that you buy.

I'm not really a Tourniquet fan.
But a new Disciple at the end of this year is exciting.
The new Stairway has my interest too.

I'm not sure what to think about Stryper releasing a new CD with covers of secular rockbands.
I'm sure it rocks.
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

PostSubject: Re: So, let me get this straight.........   So, let me get this straight......... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 11:20 am

Vonnie,

I am really much more into progressive rock/metal right now. The Theocracy and ReinXeed are more my styles, but the album I am most awaiting is a new one by Amaseffer. I love the sound of their first album, which is supposed to be the first in a trilogy. Actually it is playing right now as I type. I don't understand the Hebrew parts, but the epic feel of the project just captivates me.

I would love to hear new music by Harmony, Rob Rock, Narnia, and others in that vein.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: So, let me get this straight.........   So, let me get this straight......... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 9:55 am

OK, I'll try to remember this and search for interesting things for you too.
Yep, we really try to post new about bands we all like.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: So, let me get this straight.........   So, let me get this straight......... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 1:46 pm

Supposedly, Darkwater is supposed to be releasing a new album this year as well. But I'll start believing it when they release something further such as studio footage or a release date. Also, I just checked Seventh Wonder's official page and it appears that they're gearing up for a new release this year as well. They're shooting for an early fall release and already have 5 songs done and 2 more in progress as of December '09. I absolutely love this band mostly because of Tommy Karevik's voice. I've never heard a voice so strong and passionate.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: So, let me get this straight.........   So, let me get this straight......... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 5:13 pm

silentthunder89 wrote:
.... Also, I just checked Seventh Wonder's official page and it appears that they're gearing up for a new release this year as well. They're shooting for an early fall release and already have 5 songs done and 2 more in progress as of December '09. I absolutely love this band mostly because of Tommy Karevik's voice. I've never heard a voice so strong and passionate.

Seventh Wonder?
I gotta say that is a Seventh/Seven/7th/7 band I have never heard of before.
We must add them to the ever growing list (Fundy can you take care of that).
So, let me get this straight......... Lol

But seriously who are they?

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: So, let me get this straight.........   So, let me get this straight......... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 1:56 am

They're a prog metal band from Sweden. They're one of those bands that choose to use their lyrics to tell a story and put no particular deeper meaning behind them. I checked their site to see if they were a Christian band and found this:

"Different members of
Seventh Wonder have different views on both politics and faith and the band
is detached from any such labels."

Although, from their previous album, I still feel like faith has an influence on a lot of their lyrics.

Seventh Wonder
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

PostSubject: Re: So, let me get this straight.........   So, let me get this straight......... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 11:01 am

I have the Seventh Wonder album, and it is pretty good. Not a frequent player, but I will have to give it another shot since I haven't listened to it for a while.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: So, let me get this straight.........   So, let me get this straight......... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 4:56 pm

Thanks for the link Silent, I will check them out. So, let me get this straight......... 676823

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: So, let me get this straight.........   So, let me get this straight......... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 5:00 pm

Will check out the link too to find out how Seventh Wonder sound.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, let me get this straight.........   So, let me get this straight......... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 10:58 pm

Thank you, Nazpastor for mentioning Amaseffer. I have been searching for new Christian prog/metal, and these guys are truly amazing! Seems like there ARE a few proggers left in the Midwest, after all!
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

PostSubject: Re: So, let me get this straight.........   So, let me get this straight......... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 11:13 pm

joe61 wrote:
Thank you, Nazpastor for mentioning Amaseffer. I have been searching for new Christian prog/metal, and these guys are truly amazing! Seems like there ARE a few proggers left in the Midwest, after all!

LOL, Amaseffer are actually from the Mideast, they are a band from Israel and there are a lot of Hebrew parts on the slbum which is really pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: So, let me get this straight.........   So, let me get this straight......... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 4:01 am

They do sound good.

Fundy

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, let me get this straight.........   So, let me get this straight......... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 8:18 pm

Quote :
LOL, Amaseffer are actually from the Mideast, they are a band from Israel and there are a lot of Hebrew parts on the slbum which is really pretty cool.

LOL indeed! YOU were the progger I was referring to...there aren't many of us here in the corn ghetto, ya know! Amaseffer are a truly amazing band-I listened to their entire list on the music player on their MySpace page, and there wasn't a bum track in the bunch. I would love to see them perform!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: So, let me get this straight.........   So, let me get this straight......... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 9:20 pm

Oh man that's funny, I was thinking the same thing as Naz and thought you meant the band.
So, let me get this straight......... Icon_lol

nazpastor

PostSubject: Re: So, let me get this straight.........   So, let me get this straight......... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 10:27 pm

Quote :
LOL indeed! YOU were the progger I was referring to...there aren't many of us here in the corn ghetto, ya know! Amaseffer are a truly amazing band-I listened to their entire list on the music player on their MySpace page, and there wasn't a bum track in the bunch. I would love to see them perform!

I love prog, and have been born,raised, and lived in SE Missouri or South Central Illinois my entire life. I love the talent Amaseffer has. It took me a couple of listens to get used to the Hebrew inserts in them, but as the project is the story of the Israelites, the album does an incredible job of really taking the listener into the story atmoshere. In some places you can hear pages turning as if someone is turning the pages of a book, and then a Hebrew narrarator telling the story. I waited on getting this because of the Hebrew parts I heard in sound clips, but after I got it, I love the depth those parts add to the project. I have to say this is one of my 5 all-time favorite albums, and a frequent listen. This from a man who nearly all of Neal Morse's albums, and all of his Inner Circle material.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, let me get this straight.........   So, let me get this straight......... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So, let me get this straight.........
Page 1 of 1