Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Interview with David Benson.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Interview with David Benson.  Empty
PostSubject: Interview with David Benson.    Interview with David Benson.  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 12:40 pm

David Benson (Interview)
Just recently I came across DAVID BENSON from South Carolina (USA). Guess there is a couple of guys not yet knowing anything about him respectively about the music he´s making. So I easily asked him some questions:
David, would you be so kind to introduce yourself to the readers?

David: First off I want to say thank you for the chance to do the interview, I really appreciate the support. If you love traditional Doom you'll love my music.

You already published three full-length albums, though you are no newcomer in the scene at all. Please tell us about the releases.

David: I actually have 5 releases, 1994 Holy Psychotherapy, 1996 Purpose Of The Cross, 1998 Premonition Of Doom, 2005 Dbeality (self -titled debut), and Unleashed In Europe , which was mixed by Neil Kernon. The live recorded will be available this August 2009!

I read that you came onto the Christian Metal scene in 1994. How does your religion affect your thinking, living and making music?

David: It's something that affects the very core of who I am as a person and an artist. I'm very passionate about what I believe.

Why do you split yourself from the common Metal scene, which usually favours dark and anti Christian topics?

David: Yes, I do separate and do write about different subject matter. I seek to write unblack music, but I am very much apart of the doom metal scene. I don't seek to judge others, just as an opportunity for my music to be heard equally. I think I am doing just that!

Your style of singing is fairly often compared to Ozzy Osbourne’s vocals. Do you feel honoured or are you sick of it meanwhile?

David: I feel so honoured and humbled that people think this, I count it as a good thing.

What style of music describes the sound of DAVID BENSON’s music best? How about classic Heavy Metal repectively Doom, maybe both or none of them?

David: My style is very much in the retro style of Doom like Black Sabbath. I would describe my style as Jane Stark of Sweden Rock Magazine described it one time, as Doom oriented Hard Rock!

How about your musical preferences? Please tell us about your music collection and consuetude of listening.

David: I listen to a wide variety of music, but being the person I am I listen to a lot of Doom oriented bands like Trouble, Candlemass, Cathedral, Grand Magus etc. Anything with a slow/medium tempo that moves and grooves me. But I also love just straight forward blues based Rock too. I have been listening a lot lately to Rob Cassels (http://www.myspace.com/therobcasselsband), Steve Morse from Deep Purple, Playes guitar on most of his records, killer stuff!

You are going to record a new album this year, aren’t you? What should one know about it?

David: Yes, that is correct. The new album is being produced by Neil Kernon (Queensryche, Nevermore, Nile). It will be released sometime in 2010.

Last time we corresponded you told me about a European tour this autumn. Is this still in your plans?

David: Yes, I will be touring Europe this October in support of my new live record, which will be called "Unleashed in Europe".

You recently formed a band called “dbeality”. Is it more a kind of side project or does it mark the end of your solo paths?

David: No, it does not. My new live album and new studio recording will be released under my name.

Have you further plans for the future?

David: Record, release, tour and keep bringing quality Doom to both old and new fans.

Where can interested people listen to and purchase your stuff?

David: You can purchase my material online via Cd Baby, I-Tunes, Napster, Amazon, Rhapsody, etc.

It was a great pleasure to talk to you. Any final words?

David: Thanks once again for the opportunity. I look forward to seeing everyone while on tour. God bless, doom on!

Found this interview online.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Interview with David Benson.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview with David Benson.    Interview with David Benson.  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 4:41 pm

Very cool, do you remember were you got it from?

Interview with David Benson.
Page 1 of 1