Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sound alikes.....

Go down 
+3
alldatndensum
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Sound alikes..... Empty
PostSubject: Sound alikes.....   Sound alikes..... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 11:02 am

Am I the only one that hears the massive similarity in the first 30 seconds of these songs ?

Last edited by Guilty/Forgiven on Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Sound alikes..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound alikes.....   Sound alikes..... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 3:42 pm

Oh yes, very similar. Question now is which one did you hear first. I am very familiar with the Bon Jovi song, but if that Bride song is from the first album I have only heard it once.

What's funnier is that the Bon Jovi song sound faster (more rockin)....at least until he starts singing (lol)

Guilty/Forgiven

Sound alikes..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound alikes.....   Sound alikes..... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 4:39 pm

exactly. they're not identical, but similar. I'd heard this similarity when I listened to the Thunder song in the past, but this morning decided to play them side by side. That's when I really heard it.

Suppose the Jovi song was in their subconscience when they were writing the beginning ? Or just a mega-coincidence ?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Sound alikes..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound alikes.....   Sound alikes..... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 9:52 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

Suppose the Jovi song was in their subconscience when they were writing the beginning ? Or just a mega-coincidence ?

Or, it is very similiar to an intro/key-board piece used in a Beatles/Rolling Stones/Faces/Led Zep/Frank Zappa/KC & the Sunshine Band/Three Dog Night/Deep Purple......song, and the song writer for each band heard it there first.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Sound alikes..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound alikes.....   Sound alikes..... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 10:51 pm

I definitely hear the similarities. Even though I am a huge Bride fan, I think that the Bon Jovi song is just better overall. Whoops....did I type that out loud?

Twisted Evil

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Sound alikes..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound alikes.....   Sound alikes..... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 11:10 pm

Quote :
I definitely hear the similarities. Even though I am a huge Bride fan, I think that the Bon Jovi song is just better overall. Whoops....did I type that out loud?

affraid
Back to top Go down

Sound alikes..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound alikes.....   Sound alikes..... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 2:06 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

Twisted Evil

I agree. I know a lot of people like it, but I've always thought that Thunder In The City is Bride's worst song.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

Sound alikes..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound alikes.....   Sound alikes..... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 11:51 am

I like Thunder In The City, but the part where Dale says..."ThunDAR...ThunDAR in the City!" just always made me wince. It's thunDER, Dale, not thunDAR.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Sound alikes..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound alikes.....   Sound alikes..... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 2:39 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:
I like Thunder In The City, but the part where Dale says..."ThunDAR...ThunDAR in the City!" just always made me wince. It's thunDER, Dale, not thunDAR.

Not in Kentucky Wink
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Sound alikes..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound alikes.....   Sound alikes..... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 4:39 pm

I found another one... play the 1st 15 seconds of the two songs above and then play the 1st 15 seconds of this one:

(ok maybe I'm just hearing things now...)
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Sound alikes..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound alikes.....   Sound alikes..... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 5:27 pm

It's similar, but the Bride song starts in triplets and/or sixteenth notes (kinda hard do determine with the odd pattern) while the Go-Gos song starts in eighth notes. Although both songs have that point where the bass makes an entrance after few bars.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Sound alikes..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound alikes.....   Sound alikes..... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 6:15 pm

I got on this kick a few months ago after reading a book called "Sounds Like Teen Spirit". Writer compares songs from the 50s up to today that either stole from each other or unintentionally wrote the exact same music.

Pretty trippy book. (it's secular of course... but I've heard some of the same "coincidences" in Christian music)
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Sound alikes..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound alikes.....   Sound alikes..... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 6:48 pm

Ok, here's an example. Was listening to Wes King several years ago, when his song "Life on the Vine" came on. There's a part that perked my ears... Here's the middle portion of that song:

http://www.jimscmc.com/sb/wes.mp3

and here's the beginning of Led Zeps "Dancing Days"

http://www.jimscmc.com/sb/LZ.mp3

Sound familiar ? Did he do that on purpose or is it just a coincidence ?
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Sound alikes..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound alikes.....   Sound alikes..... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 9:33 pm

Here's a video of Thunder In The City. The piano intro is D/A three times, D/G four times, D/F four times, D/G five times. Adds up to 16 notes.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Sound alikes..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound alikes.....   Sound alikes..... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 1:24 am

It's a conspiracy man.

Twisted Evil

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Sound alikes..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound alikes.....   Sound alikes..... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 8:43 am

They sound similair.
Now, that Bon Jovi song rocks.

I have fond a similar situation.
When I listened to a siloam song I recognized a part of music that has a simialr sound as a Whitecross song.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sound alikes..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound alikes.....   Sound alikes..... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sound alikes.....
Page 1 of 1