Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fireflight - So Close

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Fireflight - So Close Empty
PostSubject: Fireflight - So Close   Fireflight - So Close I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 1:45 am

Fireflight has finally released some info on their new album. The title will be "NOW" and will release on March 6th, 2012. Here's the first single they've released. I really like the sound of it, but it sounds like they stole a page out of Red's playbook, musically. I do like the harmonies in the chorus though. I'll probably pick this up when it comes out, depending on what else comes out around that time.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - So Close   Fireflight - So Close I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 9:02 am

I really like that new song! The singer's voice is maturing, and she sounds amazing. This will definitely be on my radar for March.

I can see some Red influence here as well as Skillet. But, when those are two of the most popular Christian rock acts, you can expect the industry to folliow that course to try to get people to buy these other acts' music. Even with the change in their sound, though, they still sound like Fireflight to me.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - So Close   Fireflight - So Close I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 12:10 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I really like that new song! The singer's voice is maturing, and she sounds amazing. This will definitely be on my radar for March.

I can see some Red influence here as well as Skillet. But, when those are two of the most popular Christian rock acts, you can expect the industry to folliow that course to try to get people to buy these other acts' music. Even with the change in their sound, though, they still sound like Fireflight to me.

Oh I definitely agree! The only reason I compare them to Red is because of the electronics and effects. It kind of reminds me of some songs off Until We Have Faces. I do think it sounds somewhat edgier than previous albums. I really like the sound of the new drummer as well!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - So Close   Fireflight - So Close I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 1:44 pm

This does sound a little edgier than their previous work (but this may just be one of the more "rocking" tracks on the disc). I'm also digging the addition of the "electronic" elements, it adds some variety in a style of music that can often suffer from "sameness" (at least to my ears). The drums are fantastic (and I think part of the reason the song sounds "tougher"). Looking forward to getting my paws on some new Fireflight.

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - So Close   Fireflight - So Close I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 9:37 am

I like the sound. The lyrics confuse me. It seems to be a plea to God to stay close. As such, the lyrics are pretty good (and poignant given some circumstances I'm facing), but the line "How can you turn your back on me when you know my pain?" confuses me. It seems totally out of sync with the rest of the song's lyrics. Is this accusatory, or is it a feeling on the part of the individual that God has turned his back on them? I really like the song's style musically, and I love all the lyrics but this one line in the chorus. Any thoughts? Am I overthinking it?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - So Close   Fireflight - So Close I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 9:42 am

Quote :
Is this accusatory, or is it a feeling on the part of the individual that God has turned his back on them?

I took it to be a plea for help as the person feels that God has left them. We've all been in those tight places before and wondered if God was there. I don't have a problem with the line at all.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - So Close   Fireflight - So Close I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 1:27 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Quote :
Is this accusatory, or is it a feeling on the part of the individual that God has turned his back on them?

I took it to be a plea for help as the person feels that God has left them. We've all been in those tight places before and wondered if God was there. I don't have a problem with the line at all.

+1
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - So Close   Fireflight - So Close I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 2:58 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Quote :

That's kinda what I was thinking too. Sometimes you just need a second opinion! Thanks! Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - So Close   Fireflight - So Close I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fireflight - So Close
Page 1 of 1