Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Robert Plant Band of Joy

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Robert Plant Band of Joy Empty
PostSubject: Robert Plant Band of Joy   Robert Plant Band of Joy I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 11:38 am

As always, I'm behind the times in news.... what's this all about ?

ROBERT PLANT / BAND of JOY - "Satan Your Kingdom Must Come Down"

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Robert Plant Band of Joy   Robert Plant Band of Joy I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 11:39 am

Lyrics

Satan, your kingdom must come down
I heard the voice of Jesus say

Gonna pray until they tear your kingdom down
Gonna pray until they tear your kingdom down

Gonna shout until they tear your kingdom down
Gonna shout until they tear your kingdom down
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Robert Plant Band of Joy   Robert Plant Band of Joy I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 2:09 pm

I havent seen this before, but my guess is that it is cover of an old African American spiritual song (like much of the early blues music is). It would be interesting to see what the rest of the music in this project sounds like.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Robert Plant Band of Joy   Robert Plant Band of Joy I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 4:35 pm

Yeah, I read all the other song lyrics and they've nothing to do with Christianity... but they're not non-Christian either (as some of his early stuff was)

I loved a lot of Zep songs as well as his 80s solo music, but his newer stuff is not my thing (somebody gave me the Robert Plant & Alison Krauss album - I do not care for it at all)

http://www.robertplanthomepage.com/2011/discography/bandofjoy_lyrics.htm#11
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Robert Plant Band of Joy   Robert Plant Band of Joy I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 1:04 am

Zep always did a lot of old blues tunes, and they kept the lyrics Christian if the originals were. This is the same thing.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Robert Plant Band of Joy   Robert Plant Band of Joy I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 2:02 am

yeah I'm leaning toward it being an old blues tune. According to Wikipedia, teh writer of the song is "Traditional, arr. by Plant"...

And teh anti-Christian stuff that Zepplin sang was actually written by Jimmy Page, just fyi.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Robert Plant Band of Joy   Robert Plant Band of Joy I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 3:27 pm

Quote :
And teh anti-Christian stuff that Zepplin sang was actually written by Jimmy Page, just fyi.

yeah, I watched a Christian expose on secular rock and it had a whole section on Jimmy Page's occult leanings. He was all into Crowley...

I've no idea what Plant believes, but as a Christian who used to be all into zeppelin, I of course wish that Robert would come to faith. I think I just kinda got excited for a second to discover this song being sung by Robert.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Robert Plant Band of Joy   Robert Plant Band of Joy I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 5:00 pm

I love Zeppelin and Jimmy Page has had a huge impact on the way I play guitar. His playing influenced me more than any other player. I have a huge poster of him in my music room. I still listen to Zep regularly.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Robert Plant Band of Joy   Robert Plant Band of Joy I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 7:49 am

How sad it would be if Robert never comes to faith in Christ after having sung songs about Him. I can imagine no worse feeling in Hell than to know you sang about so great a salvation that would have rescued you from such a fate. I hope he comes (or has come) to faith in Jesus Christ.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Robert Plant Band of Joy   Robert Plant Band of Joy I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 9:05 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Quote :

yeah, I watched a Christian expose on secular rock and it had a whole section on Jimmy Page's occult leanings. He was all into Crowley...

I've no idea what Plant believes, but as a Christian who used to be all into zeppelin, I of course wish that Robert would come to faith. I think I just kinda got excited for a second to discover this song being sung by Robert.

I kinda remember he was into Buddhism, but that was a while back when EVERYBODY was into Buddhism before EVERYBODY was into Kabbalah before EVERYBODY was into...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Robert Plant Band of Joy   Robert Plant Band of Joy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Robert Plant Band of Joy
Page 1 of 1