Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

US Election

Go down 
+9
sabidoo
Samson
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
rockerVu2
ishmael81
unworthy
alldatndensum
Fundy
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

US Election Empty
PostSubject: US Election   US Election I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 3:00 am

So, Obama gets back in! It's funny I sort of guessed he would. It seemed from this angle over the pond that although Obama lost some support because of the economy and such like, Romney didn't bring enough people together to vote for him. From what I got of it, many said something along the lines of "I'm not voting for Obama, but I don't like Romney either."

Maybe you're turning out a bit like the UK? Over here for the last 10 to 15 years both main parties look and sound the same, so it doesn't matter who you vote for the end result is the same...

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

US Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Election   US Election I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 8:23 am

That's pretty much the predicament we are in, Fundy. We are headed towards a much more socialized government. With this election, the USA is no longer the nation our forefathers envisioned. I am mourning the falling of this once great nation.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2012-06-08

US Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Election   US Election I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 9:02 am

Fundy wrote:
so it doesn't matter who you vote for the end result is the same...

there was a lot at stake in this election but too many Americans were too stupid to realize it.... and now we have an enemy of Israel as our leader who now has "more flexibility" to barter with the leader of Russia.. who goes against drilling at oil at home (for energy independence not to mention jobs) but for drilling overseas (so we become more energy dependent) ... who has a very screwy foreign policy... wants us out of the middle east.. wants us to scale back our national nuclear arms to 0... take away our rights to own guns.. allow homosexuals to marry with full blessing of the government... etc.. etc...

I'm am absolutely disappointing beyond all conception at the people of this country. Even though I thought this was a "lesser of two evils" I can't believe the greater evil one... are people really so happy with the state of things in this country that they want another 4 years of it?! ... I guess so.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417

US Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Election   US Election I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 10:03 am

Come on guys... read Romans 1. God puts all earthly authority into place - even President Obama.

I'll admit, I was tempted to complain too, but instead why don't we pray for him?
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

US Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Election   US Election I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 10:17 am

Obama will be the new President for the next four years.
And we ....
We trust in God.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

US Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Election   US Election I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 10:54 am

US Election D3731_10
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

US Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Election   US Election I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 4:47 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
Come on guys... read Romans 1. God puts all earthly authority into place - even President Obama.

True but look what he gave to Isreal when they demanded a King. I would agree that God (at the very least) allowed us to have another 4 years of Obama....but that doesn't mean he is good for this country....just what we deserve (sadly).

ishmael81

US Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Election   US Election I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 5:01 pm

I understand Gary. I didn;t comment either way on the man... but he's what God put in place so it's hard for us to complain.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

US Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Election   US Election I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 6:27 pm

Quote :
I'll admit, I was tempted to complain too, but instead why don't we pray for him?

I have read several comments this morning like that. While I do agree, this kind of statement makes the assumption that people haven't been praying. I think that's a little unfair.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734

US Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Election   US Election I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 6:28 pm

Think of all the evil kings during the time of the divided kingdom.
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

US Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Election   US Election I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 7:10 pm

Joker wrote:
Think of all the evil kings during the time of the divided kingdom.

kings aren't elected.
Back to top Go down

US Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Election   US Election I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 9:56 pm

I have no problem with obama..might point out that its congress and the senate that have the most impact..
I agree with josh..we are christians and God is our hope. He says not to worry...so don't. Is God in control or not. Remember whats happened to the israelites in the desert because of their complaining. Maybe this america so many mourn never existed. I believe that as a christian I don't care about america or my state...we are citizens of heaven.
Back to top Go down
sabidoo

sabidoo

Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2007-04-28

US Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Election   US Election I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 11:40 pm

God is and will always be with us, but turn your back on Him enough and He will turn his back to you. As a nation, we have turned our backs on God, thrown him out of our lives and basically spit in His face for a LONG time. I suppose that having the narcissist-in-chief for another four years COULD BE God turning his back on our once great nation....

Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo

US Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Election   US Election I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 7:23 am

I don't believe that God judges nations anymore..I believe that under the new covenant that God no longer judges anyone. God does give us the desires of our heart though..maybe Obama and a socialized government is the desire of many americans. I was surprised to see so many in the 45 to 65 age range voted obama...but then again I think conservative america is on the way out and its middle age (not young people) that are pushing things the way we are going.
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

US Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Election   US Election I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 8:26 am

the founding fathers are up in heaven rolling their eyes at us....
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

US Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Election   US Election I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 10:11 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Quote :

I have read several comments this morning like that. While I do agree, this kind of statement makes the assumption that people haven't been praying. I think that's a little unfair.

If it came across that way, I apologize. My point wasn't that you guys weren't praying for him privately...
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

US Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Election   US Election I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 10:18 am

Quote :
God is and will always be with us, but turn your back on Him enough and
He will turn his back to you. As a nation, we have turned our backs on
God, thrown him out of our lives and basically spit in His face for a
LONG time.

That's what happened in my country too.
People turned their back to God.
Now we're having a government that is not my choice.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

US Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Election   US Election I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 2:40 pm

again I say
US Election Were-All-Doomed
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

US Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Election   US Election I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 2:52 pm

I find it rather strange that after the election, as I'm asking everyone I know if they voted for Obama... I've yet to meet one person I know who actually voted for Barack Hussein Obama.
It would be interesting to do a much larger poll to find out how many actually voted for him.

Not that I distrust our democracy or anything Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Oldiesmann

Oldiesmann

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-10-26

US Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Election   US Election I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 3:05 pm

I am also extremely disappointed at the outcome of the election, especially because my state is the one that gave Obama enough electoral votes to win. Both Indiana and Kentucky went to Romney, as did several of the counties surrounding mine in Ohio, but Hamilton County (far southwest corner of the state) went to Obama.

I am also deeply worried about the state of our country's education system. It's getting harder and harder for people to afford to go to college, and the public schools have to fight just to have enough money to survive, because the majority of the residents in the district don't want to be the ones to pay for schools. One local school district got so bad that the state placed them under "fiscal emergency" and appointed a board to oversee operations of the district until they could get enough money to operate. Even after that it took them two or three tries to get a levy passed (usual complaints - some felt the schools weren't doing enough to save money or weren't being run properly while others whined that they couldn't afford it).

I do know plenty of people who voted for Obama, based on the posts from certain friends on FB.
Back to top Go down
https://www.christianmetal.fans
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

US Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Election   US Election I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 4:57 pm

My mother-in-law voted for Obama, but I'm almost certain that nobody else in my family did. My wifes wants to know how happy her mother will be when Obamacare discontinues her medicaid.

sabidoo wrote:
God is and will always be with us, but turn your back on Him enough and He will turn his back to you. As a nation, we have turned our backs on God, thrown him out of our lives and basically spit in His face for a LONG time. I suppose that having the narcissist-in-chief for another four years COULD BE God turning his back on our once great nation....

Just a thought.

Thinking along the same lines myself.

unworthy

US Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Election   US Election I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 5:02 pm

perhaps God is saying.. "so you want me out that badly? well, ok.. have it your way.."
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

US Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Election   US Election I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 9:42 pm

I don't really understand why they wanted Obama backā€¦ I can't think of anything outstanding that he did during the previous term.

So do people vote Republican or Democrat because they always do, or do they vote for a candidate in particular?
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614

US Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Election   US Election I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 12:35 am

I live in one of the most conservative parts of the country, Northeast Missouri, even our Democrats here are almost sane in comparison to other places.......but most of those who vote Democrat do so because their parents do, and their grandparents do, and their great-grandparents did, and so on. If they actually stopped for a minute to think about what they're doing, they'd probably go the other way.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

US Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Election   US Election I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 10:13 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I find it rather strange that after the election, as I'm asking everyone I know if they voted for Obama... I've yet to meet one person I know who actually voted for Barack Hussein Obama.
It would be interesting to do a much larger poll to find out how many actually voted for him.

Not that I distrust our democracy or anything Twisted Evil

I work with several people who voted for Obama and are proud of it. I'm not... whatever... but I work with a majority of African American people and they blindly voted for him because he's also (partially) African American.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

US Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Election   US Election I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

US Election
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: