Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ReinXeed (Christian power metal)

Go down 
+2
Cliffy
rockerVu2
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rageofcr

ReinXeed (Christian power metal) Empty
PostSubject: ReinXeed (Christian power metal)   ReinXeed (Christian power metal) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 11:32 am

We were just discussing symphonic power metal on the Ivory Moon thread and then today I see a post about this band on the CMR.
I must say... Wow! ReinXeed are speedier than what I like but that is quality material there. People looking for something like Theocracy, Dragonforce or Rhapsody need to check this out!

http://www.myspace.com/reinxeednorth
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: ReinXeed (Christian power metal)   ReinXeed (Christian power metal) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 3:50 pm

I can remember we have talked about ReinXeed at the old CHM.
Back to top Go down
Cliffy

Cliffy

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: ReinXeed (Christian power metal)   ReinXeed (Christian power metal) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 7:45 pm

Thanks for the heads up. They need to be on Retroactive in America.

later...Cliffy
Back to top Go down
http://www.steinhausmastering.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: ReinXeed (Christian power metal)   ReinXeed (Christian power metal) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 9:22 pm

I don't think we ever did hear back about the lyrics, did we?

rageofcr

PostSubject: Re: ReinXeed (Christian power metal)   ReinXeed (Christian power metal) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 12:13 am

All I know is the singer is also the new singer in Majestic Vanguard so I am pretty sure they are either Christian or at the very least Christian-friendly.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: ReinXeed (Christian power metal)   ReinXeed (Christian power metal) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 7:55 am

No Michael, we never did hear back something about the lyrics.
Maybe we have to try it again to get some of the ReinXeed lyrics.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465

PostSubject: Re: ReinXeed (Christian power metal)   ReinXeed (Christian power metal) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 7:58 am

So many of the bands doing this stuff sound so alike to me. I miss the good ol' days when you could hear the opening riff to a song and pretty well know who the band was. If not then, the vocalist gave it away. Nowadays, it just seems like a lot of the same stuff just packaged differently. People want to argue about how "cookie cutter" that the modern rock scene has become, but much of the metal scene is no different.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: ReinXeed (Christian power metal)   ReinXeed (Christian power metal) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 9:34 am

I agree on both counts. Many bands in both areas sound pretty darn similar nowadays. The market is flooded.

rageofcr

PostSubject: Re: ReinXeed (Christian power metal)   ReinXeed (Christian power metal) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 11:55 am

alldatndensum wrote:
So many of the bands doing this stuff sound so alike to me. I miss the good ol' days when you could hear the opening riff to a song and pretty well know who the band was. If not then, the vocalist gave it away. Nowadays, it just seems like a lot of the same stuff just packaged differently. People want to argue about how "cookie cutter" that the modern rock scene has become, but much of the metal scene is no different.
I agree with this (but only to a small extent) and that's why I WON'T be getting this cd. However, as it was before this is happening more in the Christian scene (although it has happened in the secular scene as well). Besides Rob Rock and the last Narnia cd everything the CM scene has had to offer in the last two years either sounds horribly second rate or like a direct rip-off of some bigger secular band.
If you got to the CMR and look at my top 20 list for 2007 you will not find even two bands that sound anything alike at all on that list. Every band stands out and is unique and different. Metal is still thriving and unique and actuallu quite popular. The new Nightwish cd has sold over 200,000 units worldwide and it doesn't sound like ANY band I have ever heard in my life. The newest Evergrey doesn't sound like ANY band I have ever heard. The same for Symphorce, Nevermore, Blind Guardian, David Readman, (new) Sonata Arctica and many others.
So, in some ways we do have a ton of copycat bands running around but in other ways metal has grown, evolved and become soooooo much better than ever before. I think if you could hear Christian bands that sound like the ones I just mentioned you would be totally floored and you wouldn't think they were 'cookie cutter' at all because they are not.
Back to top Go down
LateFortheParty

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: ReinXeed (Christian power metal)   ReinXeed (Christian power metal) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 1:48 pm

Quote :
everything the CM scene has had to offer in the last two years either sounds horribly second rate or like a direct rip-off of some bigger secular band.

I agree with this. What has turned me off to ccm for the last couple of years (5 or 6) is that there are SO many bad re-makes out there done by ccm artists. My first question is why do they have to remake a song that is already great? It looks as if ccm artists are hanging out in the recording studio hallways, waiting for a secular band to record a song, then, running into the studio to make the "christian" (and IMO, far-crappier) version. There are many examples of this, you probably know them, so I won't list them now. Anyway, it became a joke with my wife and I, we would be in the car, turn on the local Christian station and it was one-after-another. I know LOTS of people like ccm, so, I am happy for you, really, but I really don't have the taste for it.

Quote :
The new Nightwish cd has sold over 200,000 units worldwide and it doesn't sound like ANY band I have ever heard in my life. The newest Evergrey doesn't sound like ANY band I have ever heard. The same for Symphorce, Nevermore, Blind Guardian, David Readman, (new) Sonata Arctica and many others.

Thanks Rage, Got to check these bands out NOW. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rageofcr

PostSubject: Re: ReinXeed (Christian power metal)   ReinXeed (Christian power metal) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 1:58 pm

Late,
If you ever want to chat about secular bands (with mostly clean lyrics) shoot me an email. I listen to a lot of really great stuff that is primarily Christian-friendly (I do not listen to blasphemous stuff). I try not to mention those bands on CHM too often though because it is supposed to be Christian-only here. However, if you look at threads at Rock Island and even the CMR you will see that several people called 2007 "the greatest year ever for metal" and other such things. IMHO that is true. In the secular market there has rarely if ever been so many great metal titles released in one calender year. Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Symphony X, Nightwish and Dream Theater all had albums in the Billboard charts this year. Kamelot, HammerFall, Winger, Primal Fear, Masterplan and Silent Force have all done quite well in sales figures this year also.
These are all bands that, for the most part, have clean positive lyrics (although Evergrey and Nevermore can be quite dark at times so you might want to avoid them or be selective about which albums/songs to check out). Very few metal bands are into satanism anymore (with the exception of some death and black metal which I don't listen to anyway) and most have abandoned the party til you puke sex and drugs lyrics as well.
Back to top Go down
LateFortheParty

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: ReinXeed (Christian power metal)   ReinXeed (Christian power metal) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 2:36 pm

Thanks Rage. I appreciate that.

BTW, I don't dislike all remakes. Some of my fav songs are remakes.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23416
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: ReinXeed (Christian power metal)   ReinXeed (Christian power metal) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 2:44 pm

rageofcreation wrote:
I try not to mention those bands on CHM too often though because it is supposed to be Christian-only here.

...Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Symphony X, Nightwish and Dream Theater... Kamelot, HammerFall, Winger, Primal Fear, Masterplan and Silent Force... Evergrey and Nevermore....

Does anyone else find this funny, or is it just me.
ReinXeed (Christian power metal) 2

PostSubject: Re: ReinXeed (Christian power metal)   ReinXeed (Christian power metal) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 3:00 pm

Yeah, I noticed that myself... LOL!
I am sorry. I was just saying that the secular market is full to the brim of great and original metal bands and that metal is by no means stagnant. It has been said that worldwide there are actually a lot more metal fans now than in the 80's and I fully believe that. Especially since the new Nightwish sold 100,000 in less than a week. Maiden's new one did the same. There are several problems though. FM radio continually feeds the public crap. Digital downloads (especially the illegal ones) are killing the sales market. Labels don't like to invest any more than they have to to market a metal cd.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465

PostSubject: Re: ReinXeed (Christian power metal)   ReinXeed (Christian power metal) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 5:28 pm

Quote :
Digital downloads (especially the illegal ones) are killing the sales market.

I have trouble believing that. More people are buying MP3s now, and that is driving CD sales down.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: ReinXeed (Christian power metal)   ReinXeed (Christian power metal) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 7:18 pm

I'd say it's a bit of both. It's easier to steal the music today as you friend can just email you his copy rather than having to physically give it to you to record, which takes no time on either end now, and people are buying mp3s rather than hard copies so CD sales will continue to decline.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ReinXeed (Christian power metal)   ReinXeed (Christian power metal) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ReinXeed (Christian power metal)
Page 1 of 1