Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Going digital

Go down 
+6
alldatndensum
ChosenOne
Guilty/Forgiven
Staybrite
kerrick
ishmael81
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Going digital - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going digital   Going digital - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 12:56 pm

eeewwww and I liked it too No
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Going digital   Going digital - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 4:41 pm

bought4life wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
...don't forget that unique smell too !

Uhhhhhh...sorry G/F....that wasn't the cd  Embarassed

This is funny ... or stinky?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Going digital   Going digital - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 11:46 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
eeewwww and I liked it too No

Hehehehehe....

that's just sooo wrong
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Going digital   Going digital - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 6:29 pm

I found another CD missing from my Zune software today and am glad that I have the CD.  I was wanting to hear Titanic's "Full Steam Ahead" and it was somehow missing from my player.  With the CD, I can rectify that easily.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Going digital   Going digital - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 6:51 pm

I had a download album (Rex Carroll's latest blues album) go missing from my computer one day. The folder was still there but all the songs were missing. Fortunately I had it backed up on external drive (and a DVDR) so I was able to recover it.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Going digital   Going digital - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 9:18 am

That has been great Staybrite.
It's a bit frustrating when you downloading an album and notice song are missing while you payed for the complete album. 

I have had the same with Crystavox The 20 years remix.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Going digital   Going digital - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 10:02 am

Also, sometimes you buy a download and there is a mp3 resync error in it. I had that happen with one i got from The Sacrificed.

I bought a digital download album from the Watchmen on their website and one of the songs was the wrong song. I emailed them and they never answered. I had to find the missing song on the internet.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Going digital   Going digital - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 6:35 pm

I had one of my externals flip out on me once. Like Staybrite said, all the folders were still there, but no data. Every single folder I'd created was still on the hard drive, but when you open the folders there was nothing inside them. I doubt is was a virus, cuz this only happened on my Seagate external and not my PC, Laptop or other 3 HDDs ...... and thank GOD I had all those other backups, cuz at the time, I was digital only, and didn't have any of the CDs.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Going digital   Going digital - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 9:10 am

Well, thanks for all the feedback.  I think despite the higher cost and storage, I'm going to keep buying CD's.  But I think it was an interesting discussion and who knows? People may still chip in..
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Going digital   Going digital - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 2:21 pm

A video I made converting vinyl to digital. Putting some vinyl on my iPod was fun and it sounds awesome in my truck!

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Going digital   Going digital - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 3:40 pm

That's very cool MikeInFla ! I did the same thing with all my cassettes and several LPs a long time ago with a program called GoldWave. A bit of work and time, but it's so worth it to digitize your collection and it's a lot of fun too... addicting.
I ended up getting cds for all the cassettes I digitized, so all my work was kind of a waste of time.. but I had fun doing it at the time. A lot of the records I've done have never been released on CD so those were well worth the work.
At one point I was enjoying it so much I thought about advertising to do this service for others and actually get paid (since I was already digitizing for free everyone in my family's records and some tapes). Then decided I didn't really have the time for that.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Going digital   Going digital - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 4:03 pm

Yeah I have a lot of fun doing it. Did my cassettes a while back. And I also play these records at home not just transfer them to digital. I have digital copies of the stuff I want to listen to in my truck. I've offered to do them for people at work-- my only payment is I get to keep the vinyl. So far a few people have given me some and I made CDs for them
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Going digital   Going digital - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 4:38 pm

Those are the coolest "payments" - I've had people ask me to copy dvds or cds or whatever for me, and without even asking they give me an entire spindle of cds or dvds to say thanks. It's pretty cool.
Most records I've digitized for people ... I personally wouldn't want (some for my mom, her friends and a couple other people "of age" who've had me burn stuff like Herb Alpert, Johnny Mathis, and some Spanish record that apparently was super rare, so I was told... oh and I almost forgot, this creepy organist guy from India back in the 50s and 60s "Korla Pandit".... ah the things I do for people Laughing  )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Going digital   Going digital - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 5:41 pm

[CENSORED FOR NOT BEING FUNNY]

Last edited by bought4life on Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Going digital   Going digital - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 5:42 pm

Foiled again by my own strange humor

Mad

Last edited by bought4life on Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Going digital   Going digital - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 6:31 pm

Yeah I converted some Benny Goodman and some very old swing and jazz records for a lady at church. Luckily she didnt have 78's. my turntable will play them but you have to have a special stylus.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Going digital   Going digital - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 6:32 pm

Also in my video the playback version on the computer sounds tinny. But it does not sound that way on actual playback in the house must just sound that way on the video.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Going digital   Going digital - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 9:51 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Those are the coolest "payments" - I've had people ask me to copy dvds or cds or whatever for me, and without even asking they give me an entire spindle of cds or dvds to say thanks. It's pretty cool.
Most records I've digitized for people ... I personally wouldn't want (some for my mom, her friends and a couple other people "of age" who've had me burn stuff like Herb Alpert, Johnny Mathis, and some Spanish record that apparently was super rare, so I was told... oh and I almost forgot, this creepy organist guy from India back in the 50s and 60s "Korla Pandit".... ah the things I do for people Laughing  )

That rare Spanish record wouldn't happen to be Concierto de Aranjuez by Joaquin Rodrigo, would it??? That's a beautiful piece of music you had your hands on if so. (The second movement was later re-visioned by Miles Davis and Gil Evans on Miles' Sketches of Spain album.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going digital   Going digital - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Going digital
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2