Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Newsboys - Restart coming Tuesday

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Newsboys - Restart coming Tuesday Empty
PostSubject: Newsboys - Restart coming Tuesday   Newsboys - Restart coming Tuesday I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 12:09 pm

I know--it's not heavy.  It's just pop rock, but I do like the band.  Anyone else thinking of getting this when it releases on Tuesday, Aug. 10?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys - Restart coming Tuesday   Newsboys - Restart coming Tuesday I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 1:30 pm

Definitely plan on getting it eventually. I absolutely LOVE Tait's vox. And their current band is great.
Love their new stuff, I just can't bring myself to call them "Newsboys" still  Laughing
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys - Restart coming Tuesday   Newsboys - Restart coming Tuesday I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 7:08 am

Agreed ... they are good but they are not the Newsboys.  THIS is the Newsboys:

Now they're just another version of the Michael Tait band.

Last edited by BearDad on Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys - Restart coming Tuesday   Newsboys - Restart coming Tuesday I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 8:41 am

They only sounded like that for two albums.  After that, they were totally a pop band and actually are more known for that.  The Newsboys have always been a band that chased trends.  Hair metal had been big and they were using that format then.  However, the band made changes from each album to the next and have never nailed down a particular style.  They've switched singers before as well from John James to Peter Furler to Michael Tait.  The modern incarnation is probably the closest they've ever been to having a cohesive sound.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys - Restart coming Tuesday   Newsboys - Restart coming Tuesday I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 1:32 pm

My favourite album of theirs, I think, is Thrive. Probably their album closest to straightforward rock.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys - Restart coming Tuesday   Newsboys - Restart coming Tuesday I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 8:54 am

Don't get me wrong, I love each incarnation they've had, but having seen them in concert during the Hell is for Wimps and Boys will be Boyz tours, I kind of got set in my mind as to this band's identity. 
As they changed personnel and styles, I accepted them, but got to a point in recent years where I thought a name-change might be in order.
Either way, they seem to be doing good for themselves.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys - Restart coming Tuesday   Newsboys - Restart coming Tuesday I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 4:36 pm

Well, I was somewhat apprehensive about buying this album after hearing a few samples.  Fortunately, I bought it through emusic.com and did not pay much for it.  Nearly all of the guitar is gone from this disc.  The drums are mostly programmed and very electronic sounding.  Truthfully, it sounds like their keyboard player did the music and Michael Tait just came in to sing.  While they have become a pop rock band in earlier years and even with this incarnation of the band, this new album takes them into the "generic dance pop" band.

Uhggggg...........

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys - Restart coming Tuesday   Newsboys - Restart coming Tuesday I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 9:40 pm

Seems to be what happens to most bands… they just get more and more poppy. Which is why I've always preferred earlier records to later records.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys - Restart coming Tuesday   Newsboys - Restart coming Tuesday I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newsboys - Restart coming Tuesday
Page 1 of 1