Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5

Go down 
+7
Driven
messiaen77
Guilty/Forgiven
alldatndensum
ishmael81
rockerVu2
Staybrite
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5 Empty
PostSubject: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 4:13 pm

Back by unpopular demand it's the Dumb Kwestion (or is it Queschun?) of the week!  You may not have missed it, but it's back anyway.  Without any further nonsense....

Do you like to talk on the phone?

(See, I told you it was a dumb question)

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 4:43 pm

I avoid talking on the phone as much as I can.
I Whatsapp more.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 4:45 pm

Depends on who's on the other end...
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 5:08 pm

IT depends.  I will talk a long time if it is someone I enjoy talking to.  I try not to talk to people I'd rather not talk to.  But, depending on my mood, I may or may not talk at all.  I use called ID to screen my calls before answering.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 5:51 pm

Hate it with every fiber of my being Evil or Very Mad 

I don't hear very well to begin with, and everyone has cell phones these days -they've yet to perfect the sound of a cell phone call compared to a land line. That's one reason. The other is, I don't really like talking most of the time. Don't have anything to talk about. So don't call me. Razz 
(my wife says I'm turning into a grouchy old man.... I'd say she's right)
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 12:54 pm

There are about three people in the world I enjoy talking to on the phone, but most of the time I avoid it.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 1:22 pm

I really really don't like talking on the phone.
At work I dread the phone, I know it's a necessary evil for my work...but I actually cringe sometimes when the phone rings. I would much rather talk to people in person.
I'm not even that crazy about talking to my family on the phone. It seems like my children can't speak clearly/coherently enough for me to understand what they are saying.....same thing with my father (lol).

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 12:42 am

Eh...depends on who I am talking to...

I do text more than talk though
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 4:22 pm

I hate phone calls. They demand immediate and full attention. I'd rather text at my own rate while listening to music.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 6:36 pm

^dude I'm the complete opposite!  I hate text conversations because it means I have to stop what I'm doing, pick up my phone, read the text, reply to the text, pick back up whatever I was doing, then get interrupted again once they respond and the cycle starts all over again!  I rather just talk it out on the phone for a couple minutes and be done so I can more effectively move to the next thing!  Texting is useful if it's just a "hey I'll be right out" or "let's meet at 5:00" or something.
Back to top Go down
sabidoo

sabidoo

Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 12:45 pm

I don't really LIKE talking on the phone, but I do it 10-12 hours per day.  There's not much else to do while driving hundreds of miles each day, so it kills time and there is ALWAYS something funny to be said/heard.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 3:00 pm

So you're allowed to talk on the phone while driving?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 5:43 pm

He uses a hands-free device.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2561
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 8:05 pm

I don't even use the phone due to my hearing. When ever I may finally get a cell it will have to be a smartphone with a Captel APP.That way I could read what they say first and then reply. Still I probably wouldn't use it much since I really wouldn't have much use for the phone as a phone.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 9:36 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
He uses a hands-free device.
That makes it legal then. The law is the same here, where only hands-free devices are permitted. Despite that, people still talk and text while driving (in the city, no less).
Back to top Go down
sabidoo

sabidoo

Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 10:02 am

In most places, we can use the phone without a hands free device, but NOT in a commercial vehicle.  As of this past January 1st, if we get caught talking without a hands free device, we get to pay a $2,750 ticket AND our employer gets to pay a little bitty $10,000 fine.  I think that would end a driving career, especially since that would add a LOT of CVSA points to the driver, making him un-insurable.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 5:34 pm

Sounds pretty harsh.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 7:13 pm

So Sabidoo, what hands free device do you use?

Just_Sue

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 8:59 pm

Yes, but because of my son being the bizarre individual he is, I've gotten addicted to texting.

While I'm on the subject, please explain to me how I can CALL my son, and he wont pick up the phone, but if I immediately text him when I cant reach him by phone, he'll text right back??? Wouldnt it be easier to just pick up the phone when I call???
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 9:13 pm

Staybrite wrote:

I don't remember the model number, but he and I both use a Blue Parrot headset.  The sound is crystal clear and the microphones are noise cancelling so you only hear the person speaking to you.  They are a little pricey, but well worth it.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 9:41 pm

Just_Sue wrote:
Yes, but because of my son being the bizarre individual he is, I've gotten addicted to texting.

While I'm on the subject, please explain to me how I can CALL my son, and he wont pick up the phone, but if I immediately text him when I cant reach him by phone, he'll text right back??? Wouldnt it be easier to just pick up the phone when I call???
Both my boys are the same way.  If I want to hear from them soon I have to text them, if I call it's hit or miss.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 9:42 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

I don't remember the model number, but he and I both use a Blue Parrot headset.  The sound is crystal clear and the microphones are noise cancelling so you only hear the person speaking to you.  They are a little pricey, but well worth it.
Thanks I will have to look into that.

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5   Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dumb Kwestion of the Week #5
Page 1 of 1