Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Guardian releases new single

Go down 
+8
Mac
Guilty/Forgiven
rockerVu2
heath777
Redeemed Fool
Staybrite
mr.electric40
alldatndensum
12 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Guardian releases new single Empty
PostSubject: Guardian releases new single   Guardian releases new single I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 5:39 pm

For those of us who got involved with Guardian's Kickstarter, we got to hear the new single from the band.  They are still working on the mix and then the mastering.  They have promised digital files as soon as they get them to everyone who supported the Kickstarter.

Listening to the song, I like it.  Notice I did not say that I loved it.  The music is a cross between "Miracle Mile" and "Buzz".  I like the overall sound, but the lack of a guitar solo hurts this.  It NEEDS more lead guitar.  With just a few licks in the verses, this also would fit on "Bottle Rocket" as far as style goes.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Guardian releases new single   Guardian releases new single I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 5:45 pm

I'm sorry to hear about that.... I know you've waited BEYOND patiently and to not have this tune do it for you...  No
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Guardian releases new single   Guardian releases new single I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 6:21 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
.  With just a few licks in the verses, this also would fit on "Bottle Rocket" as far as style goes.

Yikes!  affraid That's far from a glowing endorsement.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Guardian releases new single   Guardian releases new single I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 6:55 pm

Don't get me wrong--the song does have promise.  Stylistically, this would have fit on "Bottle Rocket" but lacks many of the weird effects they used on that.  That shifts it back more to a fit with "Buzz" but without any cool solos.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Guardian releases new single   Guardian releases new single I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 12:12 am

The new Adriangale should be more along the lines of the new Guardian. At least that's what I want.
Back to top Go down
heath777

heath777

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Guardian releases new single   Guardian releases new single I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 11:40 am

I like the new song, could use some lead guitar. I am looking forward to hearing the whole album. It's been a very long wait.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Guardian releases new single   Guardian releases new single I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 4:57 pm

This means the new Guardian is finally released?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guardian releases new single   Guardian releases new single I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 7:49 pm

It's gettin' closer!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Guardian releases new single   Guardian releases new single I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 9:29 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
This means the new Guardian is finally released?

No--they just released one song to those of us who supported the Kickstarter program they did.  It isn't available to the general public.

They still have to mix a couple of songs, fix a couple of mixes on a couple of other songs, and then it's off to mastering.  When they get the master back, they are going to release the digital files to everyone who supported the program.  The CDs will then be manufactured.  Even if they get the mixing done by Christmas, you are probably looking at a February CD release.  However, don't count on getting a CD.  At one time, they were planning on pressing just enough CDs for the people who supported that tier of the rewards of the Kickstarter program.  I would press at least 1,000 if I were them and sell the others.  They will easily sell 1,000--unless the songs all sound like they fit on "Bottle Rocket".

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Guardian releases new single   Guardian releases new single I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 8:55 am

To bad I can't listen to this song. 

Guardian always was a band I've not enough listened too.
Maybe the new CD will make me a fan.
Time to find to online samples so I can listen.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Guardian releases new single   Guardian releases new single I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 11:25 am

It looks like the band has released a video for the song on Vimeo (link below) that everyone can watch.
I'm surprised I actually like the song better than I would have expected based on others reviews. I agree that it really could have used a guitar solo.

http://vimeo.com/81296796

PostSubject: Re: Guardian releases new single   Guardian releases new single I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 11:59 am

I'm looking forward to the rest of the album!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Guardian releases new single   Guardian releases new single I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 1:09 pm

Hmmm... not bad... didn't blow me away.. but I liked it. Look forward to hearing more.

Course as some people wanted a "Weapons of our Warfare II" with the new Deliverance, I would want a "Fire and Love II" with Guardian... but I doubt that will be the case.
Back to top Go down
Mac

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Guardian releases new single   Guardian releases new single I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 3:31 pm

I liked Miracle Mile a lot but I lost interest with the more alternative stuff that came afterward. I may have to pass on this one
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Guardian releases new single   Guardian releases new single I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 4:31 pm

Oh yeah, I would love to get Fire & Love II from Guardian, but I'm a realist....I know it just ain't gonna happen.

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Guardian releases new single   Guardian releases new single I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 8:56 pm

According to an article in Guitar World, the album should be released to Kickstarters by the end of the month, with a general release in early 2014. That was my understanding at least. All I know is, finally Almost Home
Back to top Go down
Mac

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Guardian releases new single   Guardian releases new single I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 10:43 pm

I'm still waiting on the Fall Of Vegas project
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Guardian releases new single   Guardian releases new single I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 7:27 am

Quote :
According to an article in Guitar World, the album should be released to Kickstarters by the end of the month, with a general release in early 2014. That was my understanding at least. All I know is, finally Almost Home

Like I said in an earlier post, I wouldn't look for it before February.  They still had to mix a couple of songs, fix a couple of mixes on a couple of others, get it mastered, and then get it manufactured.  This time of year, it takes around 3 weeks to turnaround a CD pressing project.  There are not even 3 weeks left in the year!  It isn't happening in 2013, folks.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Guardian releases new single   Guardian releases new single I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 9:20 am

Listening to "The Real Me".

No the end of the year is not a good time to release a CD.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Guardian releases new single   Guardian releases new single I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 1:25 pm

Good video, good music.  May get the album..........

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Guardian releases new single   Guardian releases new single I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 7:13 pm

I like it. They do need some lead guitar in there somewhere, but otherwise, this is pretty darn good. Melodic, catchy, good message...now I'm looking forward to the new album!
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: Guardian releases new single   Guardian releases new single I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 9:09 pm

Funny thing, two guitar players, no real lead soloing.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Guardian releases new single   Guardian releases new single I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:23 am

According to Jamie on Facebook, there is plenty of lead guitar on the album.  I sure hope he means it.  I could handle a couple of tracks without leads.  But, unless they are trying to be DiscpleRedSkillet clones, their fans are probably going to give them some grief.  Going more alternative is what made people turn against them with "Bottle Rocket".

Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: Guardian releases new single   Guardian releases new single I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:26 am

I'm hoping. Jamie still sounds great.
Back to top Go down
Readi_Sketti

Readi_Sketti

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2012-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Guardian releases new single   Guardian releases new single I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 10:43 am

DUDE!!! I Don't know how I missed this!!!!!!! :DDave, just shared it with me, I am all slow about it  Razz 

I love it & am super excited for the album Smile  Guardian was in my top 4 bands (in their time) Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guardian releases new single   Guardian releases new single I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guardian releases new single
Page 1 of 1