Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+16
Hardkore
Fundy
messiaen77
Guilty/Forgiven
BearDad
Samson
kerrick
Readi_Sketti
alldatndensum
Staybrite
Redeemed Fool
rockerVu2
xenonlion
Through The Dark Radio
Mac
Driven
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Random Ramblings - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 3:53 pm

Previous convo note: Yep, she was playing "Candy Crusher" and buying "Power Ups" (I don't know about all that, but that's what Dr said) - one day the bill was $67 just for ONE charge !  I'd make the kid work it off for the next YEAR !!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 3:55 pm

Next random rambling:
I've updated my Want List (since I've got SO many in the last 6 months) - bummer is, I won't have any extra cash to throw around for quite a while cuz of this stupid back surgery.
There's so many albums I wanna buy right now too.. sigh
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 4:10 pm

Funny verbal exchange with a Starbucks barista yesterday morning as I was standing in line:

[Female barista holds up two bananas and looks at me] "aren't these the biggest bananas you've ever seen?"

Me:  "uh yeah, they're pretty big"

Her:  "genetically modified for your pleasure!"

Other female barista next to her:  [giggling, whispers into her ear] "that's rather inappropriate"

Her:  [somewhat embarrassed] "hahaha whoops..."
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 4:15 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Next random rambling:
I've updated my Want List (since I've got SO many in the last 6 months) - bummer is, I won't have any extra cash to throw around for quite a while cuz of this stupid back surgery.

Wait, you actually WANT 8BC????  Shocked
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 4:15 pm

kerrick wrote:
Funny verbal exchange with a Starbucks barista yesterday morning as I was standing in line:

[Female barista holds up two bananas and looks at me] "aren't these the biggest bananas you've ever seen?"

Me:  "uh yeah, they're pretty big"

Her:  "genetically modified for your pleasure!"

Other female barista next to her:  [giggling, whispers into her ear] "that's rather inappropriate"

Her:  [somewhat embarrassed] "hahaha whoops..."

At least you didn't say "Nah, I've seen bigger"
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 5:19 pm

^

Random Ramblings - Page 30 1322517608891
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 8:49 am

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Next random rambling:

Please forgive me for my ignorance, but..... what ? What's 8BC ?  scratch
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 9:00 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Next random rambling:

Please forgive me for my ignorance, but..... what ? What's 8BC ?  scratch

Eight Ball Cholos.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 9:08 am

oh LOL !!!! Actually I don't care for that album. I have the mp3s and am not interested in owning the CD. There's some good stuff there, but between some crazy lyrics and the so-so sound, I'll pass  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 8:09 am

AAAAHHHHH!!!! GIVE ME MY MONEEEYYYY!!!

…yep, I'll pass too.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 8:26 am

But nothing, I repeat, nothing tops MNTNFDDBBS.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 5:06 pm

Phone interview for a pretty legit-sounding company set for Wednesday afternoon!  This could be a big step forward for me in terms of career...  (Also, I imagine it'll pay WAY better than where I'm currently at which would finally allow me to move into a bigger place that'd be better for hosting movie-nights and the like.  Right now, my place is too small to comfortably host even just one other person!)
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 5:14 pm

Best of luck to you Kerrick, and prayers for God's will.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 5:17 pm

Much appreciated; thanks!  Yes, I spent a fair bit yesterday praying about what I'm seeking: personal gain or His will/desire for me.  We'll see, but I'm going to try to do my best to not allow myself to get clouded by the possibility of higher pay and a better alignment of what I want to be doing for work.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 6:21 pm

Quick cool story.  I worked for a Pharmacist at an independent pharmacy for almost 9 years, and though I was the only help he had, I was filling hundreds of meds a day, PC input, answering all the phone calls, doing ALL the paperwork, billing and collections - and yet he only gave me the equivalent of $2.00 in raises over 8 years. I didn't leave him cuz of the money, since I was more stressed out than I was caring about money.
I took a job at Von's pharmacy without even seeing my hourly wage since I simply wanted to get OUT of all that stress and Vons had many working in the pharmacy so I knew I wouldn't be doing ALL the work. I worked 2 weeks before I got my 1st check... and lemme just say, it took an hour to get my jaw off the floor.
God REALLY blessed that change in my life. I made good money, and was able to pay off our mortgage, 1 car, surgeries and other high medical bills all because of that big step of faith...
Heavy eh ?
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 6:37 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Quick cool story.  I worked for a Pharmacist at an independent pharmacy for almost 9 years, and though I was the only help he had, I was filling hundreds of meds a day, PC input, answering all the phone calls, doing ALL the paperwork, billing and collections - and yet he only gave me the equivalent of $2.00 in raises over 8 years. I didn't leave him cuz of the money, since I was more stressed out than I was caring about money.
I took a job at Von's pharmacy without even seeing my hourly wage since I simply wanted to get OUT of all that stress and Vons had many working in the pharmacy so I knew I wouldn't be doing ALL the work. I worked 2 weeks before I got my 1st check... and lemme just say, it took an hour to get my jaw off the floor.
God REALLY blessed that change in my life. I made good money, and was able to pay off our mortgage, 1 car, surgeries and other high medical bills all because of that big step of faith...
Heavy eh ?

cheers   That is pretty spectacular.  God is good!  During my praying yesterday, I was reminded of God's faithfulness to me in the areas of finance too:

I graduated college in 2010.  I worked at the same place as a summer intern for three consecutive summers.  It was a good job and payed extremely well (more than I'm actually getting now as a degreed engineer haha!).  My boss literally told me, "Kerrick, hurry up and graduate so we can hire you!"  I then graduated but they were at that point having to lay people off so obviously couldn't hire me.  I moved back in with my folks and slowly but surely my savings went down and down...  I hadn't been tithing though and really felt God telling me I needed to be less selfish so that evening at church I committed to tithing regularly.  The next day I get a phone call from my dad saying I should apply to this job his friend had posted on LinkedIn.  So I applied and got an interview the next day and was hired the next!  I was hired for a "two week assignment" and it's now been nearly four years.  By the time I got my first paycheck, I had $17 to my name.  Some time after I was hired, I again felt God tugging for me to up my tithing, so I did.  And you know what?  That week I was given a hefty raise that allowed for me to begin renting my own spot (and not live with my parents)!

CLARIFICATION:  I do NOT mean to say that IF you tithe more, God will give you more money.  In this case, I see it as a reminder that He's got it all under control and desires our faithfulness to Him.  This was a way God chose specifically to challenge me to put my faith in Him for and He took care of me (and continues to still!).
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 7:07 pm

What kind of Engineering Degree do you have K?

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 9:53 pm

Mechanical.   geek
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 10:27 pm

Nice!  God is good!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 10:39 pm

God is good because I'm a mechanical engineer?!?

Razz
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 10:47 pm

Excellent story of God's provisions and how He takes care of even the smallest of things in the whole scheme of things.

Your story reminded me of one more.

I was a fairly new believer (3 years in), and I made a foolish decision to get married to an unbeliever (I know, I know... that's another story though). Well, her parents told us we should stop throwing money away in renting and just buy. Though I was scared, I looked at the bottom line and decided they were right. We got a nice little 2 bedroom and I put every penny I had into it.
Here's the cool story: I listened to a sermon that was done very well on the whole idea of "giving to God and He will meet your needs."
I trusted God but I never "put my money where my mouth was"
(Now many have their own opinions and interpretations of tithing, that's not the point of this story)
I learned that I should give "10%" of my income and trust God that He will meet my needs,
This was the first time I ever tithed 10% (and mind you, I didn't make much at all). However, I realized if I tithed the full amount of 10%, I would come up 37 bucks short on my bills I was to pay that week.

I tithed anyways and trusted God 100% with my 10%.

3 days before my bills were due, I got a deposit returned to me from my previous Landlord.

I totally forgot about this deposit and excitedly opened it and, I shouldn't have been shocked by my faithful Father in Heaven..... the deposit returned to me was just shy of 40 bucks !

I love telling that story, cuz it just goes to show that our Savior is aware of every little detail in our lives and when we trust HIM for everything, He will provide.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 11:02 pm

kerrick wrote:
God is good because I'm a mechanical engineer?!?

Razz
Sure!

I must have responded to a post without quoting it.  rendeer
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 6:31 am

kerrick wrote:
Mechanical.   geek

I think I mentioned this before, but my brother is wrapping up his third year at university for mech eng. He says it's basically the toughest type of engineering. His real interest is in playing music, but he's pretty good at many things mechanical.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 9:03 am

Driven wrote:
kerrick wrote:
Mechanical.   geek

I think I mentioned this before, but my brother is wrapping up his third year at university for mech eng. He says it's basically the toughest type of engineering. His real interest is in playing music, but he's pretty good at many things mechanical.

All engineers say that their discipline is the hardest  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 3:47 pm

After 2 months of my brother borrowing the car for work, it's back (and so is he), and I got to drive it today. It's comforting to know that my muscle memory for changing gears is still there! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 30 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next