Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How many old hair band guys now doing worship stuff here/

Go down 
+2
Xid
Ascension
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ascension

Ascension

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2011-12-07

How many old hair band guys now doing worship stuff  here/ Empty
PostSubject: How many old hair band guys now doing worship stuff here/   How many old hair band guys now doing worship stuff  here/ I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 11:45 am

This is us I'm the guitarist our bass Player once played with White Witch and former Swamper Wayne Perkins also sits in at times. 
Who else here now plays in Worship settings that once did the white metal thangie?

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: How many old hair band guys now doing worship stuff here/   How many old hair band guys now doing worship stuff  here/ I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 1:03 pm

For me it hasn't been an either or, or that was then this is now.  I've been playing on worship teams since I started playing music.  Not solidly but for the most part.  When I played with Puddinhead both the drummer and I were on our church's worship team, too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: How many old hair band guys now doing worship stuff here/   How many old hair band guys now doing worship stuff  here/ I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 1:29 pm

I did this for a few years as well. Played guitar in our worship band, and still a little secular rock stuff with a friend or too. Now I don't do either. Cool thing was that our other guitarist (who was/is phenomenal) used to play in the 60's/70's with Hog Fat & Ruby & The Romantics, in the 80's he was with the hair metal outfit La Mans.

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: How many old hair band guys now doing worship stuff here/   How many old hair band guys now doing worship stuff  here/ I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 5:46 pm

Hog Fat is SUCH a cool name for a band ! It's as cool as One Bad Pig  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: How many old hair band guys now doing worship stuff here/   How many old hair band guys now doing worship stuff  here/ I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 6:14 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Hog Fat is SUCH a cool name for a band ! It's as cool as One Bad Pig  Very Happy

According to what he was telling me they were almost certain they had come up with the name Hog Fat prior to the band Fog Hat...he was convinced that Fog Hat got the idea for their name from them.

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: How many old hair band guys now doing worship stuff here/   How many old hair band guys now doing worship stuff  here/ I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 7:42 am

I haven't really done a "white metal thing" at all, given that I've never really had a band or any publishable music, but I used to play worship (bass or drums) all the time at my old church, and now I play bass part time at my new church. There are so many musicians at my church that we have several worship teams that rotate, which is surprising given the size of most churches in my area.
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: How many old hair band guys now doing worship stuff here/   How many old hair band guys now doing worship stuff  here/ I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:04 pm

I've played drums in three different Christian metal bands and anchored the worship team at my church for eight years. I've never been asked to tone it down, so I drive the music as if it were a metal song. Of course, with most modern worship songs, it's not much of a stretch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many old hair band guys now doing worship stuff here/   How many old hair band guys now doing worship stuff  here/ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How many old hair band guys now doing worship stuff here/
Page 1 of 1