Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Happy 24 Day !

Go down 
+2
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Happy 24 Day ! Empty
PostSubject: Happy 24 Day !   Happy 24 Day ! I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 12:57 pm

Happy 24 Day ! Jacksb10

Tonight.... the final season... LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR !!!!  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Happy 24 Day ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy 24 Day !   Happy 24 Day ! I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 1:29 pm

There has not been a terrorist attack in the United States since Jack Bauer first appeared on television.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Happy 24 Day ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy 24 Day !   Happy 24 Day ! I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 1:29 pm

If Jack Bauer was Spartan in the movie 300, the movie would be called 1.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Happy 24 Day ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy 24 Day !   Happy 24 Day ! I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 1:30 pm

Kiefer Sutherland drinks to forget all the terrible things Jack Bauer has done.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Happy 24 Day ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy 24 Day !   Happy 24 Day ! I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 1:30 pm

Jack Bauer is the leading cause of death in Middle Eastern men.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Happy 24 Day ! Empty

Jack Bauer doesn't need a translator, torture sounds the same in every language.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Happy 24 Day ! Empty

Jack and Jill went up the hill. Only Jack came down. Jill was a terrorist.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Happy 24 Day ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy 24 Day !   Happy 24 Day ! I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 1:31 pm

Killing Jack Bauer doesn't make him dead. It just makes him angry.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Happy 24 Day ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy 24 Day !   Happy 24 Day ! I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 1:31 pm

As a boy, Jack Bauer interrogated his parents on Easter until they revealed the location and contents of each hidden egg.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Happy 24 Day ! Empty

A Priest, a Rabbi, and a Minister walked into a bar... and Jack Bauer is going to find out why...
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Happy 24 Day ! Empty

Jack Bauer doesn't dodge bullets. Bullets dodge Jack Bauer.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Happy 24 Day ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy 24 Day !   Happy 24 Day ! I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 2:20 pm

Forgot to take your meds this morning I see.

Suspect 

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Happy 24 Day ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy 24 Day !   Happy 24 Day ! I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 3:00 pm

I just completed season 3 on Amazon Instant Video, will be starting season 4 shortly. I had a bit of trouble with season 3; not only did Jack start killing innocents (Ryan Chapelle), but President Palmer asked him to! I get "greater good" and all, but that just seemed to go over the line a bit. However, I was certainly glad to see that Sherry Palmer finally got what was coming to her.  Twisted Evil

I am also hoping that we are done seeing Jack's daughter get into trouble and needing to get bailed out.  Please don't anyone spoil it for me! If I'm in for a let down then so be it!  Neutral

Last edited by BearDad on Mon May 05, 2014 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Happy 24 Day ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy 24 Day !   Happy 24 Day ! I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 3:04 pm

Speaking of meds, Jack's character once became addicted to heroin in an undercover sting to appear as a legitimate member of a gang.... (that's not a silly exaggeration... that happened in one of the seasons)

- as for me... perhaps I need "those" kind of meds.... cuz I have a serious addiction to 24.
Such a cool, well-written show...
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Happy 24 Day ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy 24 Day !   Happy 24 Day ! I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 3:07 pm

^^ season 3
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Happy 24 Day ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy 24 Day !   Happy 24 Day ! I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 4:10 pm

Man I got bored with show midway thru season 3 and stopped watching. Not interested in a new season honestly.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Happy 24 Day ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy 24 Day !   Happy 24 Day ! I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 4:20 pm

Meh, GoT is better.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Happy 24 Day ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy 24 Day !   Happy 24 Day ! I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 4:22 pm

Quote :
I get "greater good" and all, but that just seemed to go over the line a bit.

oh my friend... we need to talk... you haven't seen anything yet - KEEP watching.... this series is so over-the-top impossible and unreal... wait'll you see all those co-workers you thought were dead, begin re-appearing with explanations that just make you shake your head... LOL.

It's totally a MAN's soap opera.

But critics can say what they want, I LOVE this show ! My wife loves it too, surprisingly... she did tell me not to get my hopes up so much though, as she doesn't want to see me disappointed if this final season is poo-poo.
I said, Jack Bauer is like Midas, all he touches in this series has been gold... actually, all he touches usually ends up dead, but that's another story.  Twisted Evil 

Have you seen the season with the Syntox nerve gas ? That one's a killer ! (no pun intended)
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Happy 24 Day ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy 24 Day !   Happy 24 Day ! I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 4:51 pm

To be honest, I was starting to get bored with how things were moving midway through season three.  I felt like there were really stretching to make the plot last through 24 episodes.  As a result I'm not sure I can make it all eight seasons.  Besides, I'd like to check out The Following, as I hear that is supposed to be a good show as well.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Happy 24 Day ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy 24 Day !   Happy 24 Day ! I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 5:14 pm

I tried the Following... didn't take... but that's just me, like 24 is to some. Everybody has that special thing that works for them.
Can't remember what happened in season 3 but I vaguely remember a lull in some episodes (I watched this years ago) - but they get better... and later when Sutherland takes the reigns, he begins writing some good stuff - a little different than the same thing every season: 1. Bad things happen 2. There's a Mole in CTU 3. Jack cleans up everything in the last 3 minutes.

Later seasons try to vary from this monotonous pattern.

I look forward to tonight's season as I've read some good stuff about it that makes it sound less monotonous and more exciting:

Sutherland said of "Live Another Day":
"The response to 24 is unlike anything I have ever experienced as an actor before. To have the chance to reunite with the character, Jack Bauer, is like finding a lost friend. The story ideas from Howard Gordon are exciting and fresh, and will not disappoint. Great thanks to 20th Century Fox Television, Imagine Television and the FOX network for this opportunity. Make no mistake, my goal is to knock your socks off. See you soon."
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Happy 24 Day ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy 24 Day !   Happy 24 Day ! I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 5:38 pm

Season 3 started out with Jack apparently going over to the dark side. He helps a drug kingpin escape from prison and joins his gang, all an under cover ploy to intercept a dangerous virus.  naturally the virus gets away from him and he spends the rest of the season chasing it.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Happy 24 Day ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy 24 Day !   Happy 24 Day ! I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 12:42 am

The Following gets really predictable really soon.  Honestly, I'm not quite sure why I still watch it.  Maybe it has to do with Bacon.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Happy 24 Day ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy 24 Day !   Happy 24 Day ! I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 10:21 am

^  Laughing 

The Following was pretty good... but like you said, predictable. Plus, how long can they drag out one story ? I think if the writers finished off this weird cult they're after, then they could write in a new story and keep things fresh.

As for 24, season 3 - I really liked that one.. again, I guess it's just individual taste. Though there are some episodes that drag out (in every season), ultimately I dig the overall stories and cliff-hangers. We watched all 8 seasons on Netflix, so there were some days when we'd watch up to 3 or 4 in a row.. Since they're commercial free, goofy episodes go by quickly, then we'd pop on the next one which would usually redeem the last one.
Kinda do the same with Psych and Bones... if an episode sucks or is just not that good, we just watch the next one right away to wash the last one out of our heads  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Happy 24 Day ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy 24 Day !   Happy 24 Day ! I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 10:30 am

PS Watched the 1st 24 episode of "Live Another Day" last night.... Lisa and I gave it a 9.5 out of 10.

Good character development, great story laid out, and Jack is BACK !!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Happy 24 Day ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy 24 Day !   Happy 24 Day ! I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 10:34 am

Beardad, if season 3 is too lame for you (which I wouldn't blame you for feeling that way  Laughing  ), skip to the next season, or if you don't mind missing some of the details of who died, who was a mole, who turned trader, etc... then skip to Day 5. Day 5 has the whole Sentox nerve gas thing... omg, by far the BEST 24 hours Sutherland dished out. My wife and I thoroughly LOVED that season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Happy 24 Day ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy 24 Day !   Happy 24 Day ! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Happy 24 Day !
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: