Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hey, ya'll!

Go down 
+4
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
Xid
Just_Sue
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Just_Sue

Just_Sue

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Hey, ya'll! Empty
PostSubject: Hey, ya'll!   Hey, ya'll! I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 9:05 am

What's going on, folks?

I figured it was time for me to pop in and give you fine folks an update.
OK... for starters, I'm FINALLY done with school [for now]! Last Saturday, the 10th, I walked across the stage and received my AAS in Human Services Technology.
I graduated with honors [Summa cum Laude], and as a member of the Phi Theta Kappa National Honor Society. I finished with a perfect 4.0 GPA.
I also received certifications in Social Gerontology and as an At-Risk Youth Technician.

I've actually been working for the past couple of months as a Group coordinator and administrative assistant with a non-profit organization that works with troubled and 'at risk' youth in the community.
The job, while I love it, is, unfortunately, a temporary position and it's ending next week. HOWEVER, the executive director pulled me in her office last week and said the most encouraging thing to me.
She said that she'd watched the favor of God fall on me from the time I came into the position and it had been a blessing to her. She didnt want to lose me, because I was a hard worker and that was hard to come by.
She asked that I stand in agreement with her because of some contracts coming open that she intended to put bids on in June. If the organization gets those contracts, it will give her the discretionary funds to bring in another staff member, part time, but at a very nice starting salary. She said that if I could hang on until late June, IF they got the needed contracts, she would create a position for me and bring me back in, in the event that I havent found anything else, by then.

The position would be for at least 2 years, which would be perfect for where I'm going, now.

With that said, I'm not stopping with my AAS. I've enrolled and will be pushing on for my Bachelor's in Psychology - Christian Counseling, with Liberty University in the Fall. The program is available all online, thank goodness, which will allow me to go to school full time and still work, as well.
My AAS credits will roll over and cut my time in the program in half, so in a couple of years, God willing, I'll have completed my Bachelor's. From there, it's 3 semesters to my Master's in Human Services Counseling, with an emphasis on Addictions and Rehabilitation.

In the meantime, I've volunteered for the Guardian ad Litem program and will begin training sometime in June.

For those unfamiliar with GAL, volunteers work with the courts and foster system to become an advocate for children who've been taken from their homes, due to suspected [or proven] incidents of neglect or abuse. The advocates dedicate a minimum of 8 hours a month to checking on the child, seeing the conditions he's living in, writing reports for the courts and lawyers involved, giving opinion, sometimes testifying, as to if they feel the child is thriving in the foster environment, if other placements are necessary, and basically representing the wants and needs of the child.

Anyway, I've been busy and I'm trying to stay busy.
What about you guys?  cyclops 
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Hey, ya'll! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, ya'll!   Hey, ya'll! I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 9:17 am

You are one big busy!  Congrats on your progress!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Hey, ya'll! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, ya'll!   Hey, ya'll! I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 10:33 am

Wow ! Who cares about "us guys" ?? How could we follow an act like that ? haha !
Congratulations ! It's very cool to read all the many ways God is working in your life.
Way to go !
Back to top Go down
Just_Sue

Just_Sue

Hey, ya'll! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, ya'll!   Hey, ya'll! I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 11:39 am

Much thanks.
It's amazing how God opens doors when you're on the right track. In my case, I had many stops and starts, but I wasnt happy where I was and it wasnt the right path for me.
It took me being broken down to where I had nothing between me and God, then genuinely seeking His will for where I was to go.
Once I stopped worrying about the fleshly stuff, everything started to fall into place.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Hey, ya'll! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, ya'll!   Hey, ya'll! I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 11:52 am

I hope and pray that day comes for me soon... been in a "rut" for a loooonnngg time...

Your story is inspiring.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Hey, ya'll! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, ya'll!   Hey, ya'll! I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 2:41 pm

Great news Sue!  Congrats on the graduation.  Having fostered for a few years we dealt with several GAL's  (some good, some not so good), it can be a challenging job to advocate for foster children.

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Hey, ya'll! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, ya'll!   Hey, ya'll! I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 3:27 pm

Hey, funny you should be back. I just relaunched your Face Burner Of The Day thread, although it hasn't been especially popular so far. Great to see you back. Smile
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Hey, ya'll! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, ya'll!   Hey, ya'll! I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 3:31 pm

Wonderful news Just-Sue.
And ... welcome back.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Hey, ya'll! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, ya'll!   Hey, ya'll! I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 7:43 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I hope and pray that day comes for me soon... been in a "rut" for a loooonnngg time...

Your story is inspiring.

Don't feel bad, brother.  It happens.  It just so happens that I am in the same kind of rut.  I feel burned out and apathetic.  I feel like I am on the sidelines watching our church going into the tailspin of death and no one wants to move to do anything to stop the plummet because they have grown comfortable.  With the apathy of many within the church, this adds to my own which is sad since I am one of the pastors of the church.

Sue, I am glad that you are doing so well.  Please continue to be an inspiration where you are and perhaps even here from time to time.  Looks like a few of us need it.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Hey, ya'll! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, ya'll!   Hey, ya'll! I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 7:50 am

I hope God will fill the people of your church with living water.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Hey, ya'll! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, ya'll!   Hey, ya'll! I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 10:03 am

Honestly I have no idea where some of us would be if we didn't have this outlet known as CHM to share stuff with our brothers and sisters all over the place...

It's very healthy to have this outlet - a place to share, vent and pray for each other. Praise be to God for CHM !
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Hey, ya'll! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, ya'll!   Hey, ya'll! I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 2:44 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Honestly I have no idea where some of us would be if we didn't have this outlet known as CHM to share stuff with our brothers and sisters all over the place...

It's very healthy to have this outlet - a place to share, vent and pray for each other. Praise be to God for CHM !

Agreed!

rockerVu2

Hey, ya'll! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, ya'll!   Hey, ya'll! I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 10:09 am

That's what I do ...pray.
Back to top Go down
Just_Sue

Just_Sue

Hey, ya'll! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, ya'll!   Hey, ya'll! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 9:01 pm

I actually have some time off, for now. The organization I was working with have to bid on some state contracts next week. If we get the contracts, I'm being called back and at better pay. It'll take me through my work on my Bachelor's. If not, then not only am I out of work [for now], but so are several others.
Ya'll just stand in agreement with me that things are going to work out in this area.
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

Hey, ya'll! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, ya'll!   Hey, ya'll! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 4:51 pm

Hello. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Just_Sue

Just_Sue

Hey, ya'll! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, ya'll!   Hey, ya'll! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 6:50 pm

Hi, Xeno!

Well, things fell through with the contracts, so a lot of what I was counting on is kaput. HOWEVER, there may be a new contract with the county school board that we'll know about before August. If things go well in that area, I'll be called back as a coordinator for a day program that will pay me quite well [better than with the contracts that fell through].

In the meantime, I'm finishing up my Guardian ad Litem training, getting things squared away to begin my Bachelor's program in the Fall and trying to stay busy, as best I can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hey, ya'll! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, ya'll!   Hey, ya'll! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey, ya'll!
Page 1 of 1