Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

W H Y !??!?!?!?!

Go down 
+8
BearDad
MikeInFla
Staybrite
Xid
Samson
rockerVu2
kerrick
Guilty/Forgiven
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

W H Y !??!?!?!?! Empty
PostSubject: W H Y !??!?!?!?!   W H Y !??!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 1:06 pm

Am I the only one who HATES these pointless stupid stickers on the tops of new CDs ???

They take forever to get started after picking at it for a long time, then the sticker comes off in pieces, then it leaves sticky parts on the CD case once you finally get it off.

Grrrrrrr.....  Evil or Very Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad 
W H Y !??!?!?!?! Cd_sti10
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

W H Y !??!?!?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: W H Y !??!?!?!?!   W H Y !??!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 1:15 pm

Oh gosh those suck...  I've found that if you take a knife and wedge it under the top then work your way to the other end (thus leaving two pieces), they're pretty easy to peel off.

And don't forget to always cut away from yourself!  I made that mistake exactly ONCE (though it was with a toy for my cousin, not a CD).  Trip to the ER and five stitches later...   Mad
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

W H Y !??!?!?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: W H Y !??!?!?!?!   W H Y !??!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 1:21 pm

affraid  Ok wow, that would def suck. I just use my fingernail and peel each side at a time, then pick the white label part off the top... but on really old CDs, the sticky stuff becomes permanent and won't come off without Goo-Gone. ANNOYING !
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

W H Y !??!?!?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: W H Y !??!?!?!?!   W H Y !??!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 1:29 pm

Try my method... it's much easier!  Just start at one end and kinda wiggle it down.  Then you got two big pieces that are easier to peel off.  Yeah, trying to scratch/peel doesn't work so well (at least not for me).

Haha yeah, I got a nice scar on my forearm from that one...  It made a nice hole in my arm and you could see my tendons.   No   It was pretty gross.  I actually nicked a tendon but thankfully didn't sever it.  I could barely move my middle and ring fingers for a month or so while it healed!  (And it really hurt to try.)
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

W H Y !??!?!?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: W H Y !??!?!?!?!   W H Y !??!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 1:35 pm

DANG !!! I bet your cousin felt bad eh ?
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

W H Y !??!?!?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: W H Y !??!?!?!?!   W H Y !??!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 1:42 pm

Eh my cousin was little and probably not too aware of what was going on.  My uncle felt bad though.  He was holding the box (with a toy robot that was held in with infernal plastic zip-ties) and asked me to cut it.  I grabbed the box with intent to set it down and cut away from me - since I knew that's what you're supposed to do - but he held on to it so I just thought 'whatever' and steadied it with my left hand while I cut with my right...
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

W H Y !??!?!?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: W H Y !??!?!?!?!   W H Y !??!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 1:58 pm

Those are a n n o y i n g.
What bothers me too is that the "thooth in the middle of the CD often are broken when I get them.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

W H Y !??!?!?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: W H Y !??!?!?!?!   W H Y !??!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 2:05 pm

^Oh yeah that's always a bummer when you open a new CD you got in the mail and hear a rattling...  Then the CD doesn't stay put too.  I've never received one that got scratched though (at least, enough to not work).
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

W H Y !??!?!?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: W H Y !??!?!?!?!   W H Y !??!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 2:07 pm

Easy way to peel it off: undo the hinge on the bottom of the CD, like you would do if you wanted to take off the front lid. Flip it over upside down, and you'll have an easier time pulling that sticky crap off of both sides.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

W H Y !??!?!?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: W H Y !??!?!?!?!   W H Y !??!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 2:22 pm

I usually use gasoline and matches.  For the really tough ones just a dab of C-4 does the trick.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

W H Y !??!?!?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: W H Y !??!?!?!?!   W H Y !??!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 2:43 pm

lol! 

And Samson - that is BRILLIANT !
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

W H Y !??!?!?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: W H Y !??!?!?!?!   W H Y !??!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 3:00 pm

kerrick wrote:
Oh gosh those suck...  I've found that if you take a knife and wedge it under the top then work your way to the other end (thus leaving two pieces), they're pretty easy to peel off.

I use this very method and 8 (or 9) out of 10 times I can keep from getting that scummy gooyness stuck to the case.

Staybrite

W H Y !??!?!?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: W H Y !??!?!?!?!   W H Y !??!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 3:01 pm

kerrick wrote:
^Oh yeah that's always a bummer when you open a new CD you got in the mail and hear a rattling...  Then the CD doesn't stay put too.  I've never received one that got scratched though (at least, enough to not work).

Yep, I've had that happen more than once. Also with DVD's, new from the store. If I'm buying a dvd now I shake the case and make sure the dvd is still "snapped" into the case.

Guilty/Forgiven

W H Y !??!?!?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: W H Y !??!?!?!?!   W H Y !??!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 3:22 pm

People !! Samson's method WORKS perfectly and easily !

Three cheers for the Samsonator !!!!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

W H Y !??!?!?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: W H Y !??!?!?!?!   W H Y !??!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 3:38 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
People !! Samson's method WORKS perfectly and easily !

Three cheers for the Samsonator !!!!

I suspected it would as I have tried it myself. You have to be very careful though not to snap off the little are of the cover that connects to the rest of the case when you do it.

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3118
Registration date : 2012-03-18

W H Y !??!?!?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: W H Y !??!?!?!?!   W H Y !??!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 3:40 pm

One more reason I buy vinyl over CD's. No annoying barcode stickers!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

W H Y !??!?!?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: W H Y !??!?!?!?!   W H Y !??!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 4:31 pm

I got a vinyl story. Not long ago I scored the first release by the Newsboys "Read All About It" from 1988. This is a very sentimental record for me as I came to faith in '89 and listened to the cassette of that album over and over.
When I slid it out and realized it was in mint, beautiful condition, I was so happy. I placed it on the player and set the needle down.... that's when I realized it was manufactured wrong ! The hole was not centered !!! That record spun all lopsided and of course the music was all warbled ! I was so upset.

Wanting the rare vinyl so bad, I contacted the seller and told him, even showing photos of how clearly off center it was. We made a deal, since I wanted this album so bad (and didn't pay that much), I told him I will try to fix it if he will cut the price in half. He agreed and I was successful in my garage with a rat-tail file and about 45 minutes of slowly whittling out that hole so it was finally in the center.
I placed it on my player and pushed the album towards the center where I filed it, and it plays perfectly now ! Crazy story. Never heard of an album hole being punched off center.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

W H Y !??!?!?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: W H Y !??!?!?!?!   W H Y !??!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 4:52 pm

I've never had a problem with them. Carefully pop the tab from the bottom of the jewel case's spine and use the front of the jewel case as a handle to slowly peel the label off the back of the jewel case, then peel the label of the front of the jewel case by hand. If you go slow enough you usually will not have any difficulty.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

W H Y !??!?!?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: W H Y !??!?!?!?!   W H Y !??!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 5:02 pm

Sure ! I know that NOW ! Where were Beardad and Samson 20 years ago when I started collecting CDs ??   Laughing
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

W H Y !??!?!?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: W H Y !??!?!?!?!   W H Y !??!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 6:57 pm

Xid wrote:
I usually use gasoline and matches.  For the really tough ones just a dab of C-4 does the trick.
Sounds like a pretty good idea. Totally safe, too.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

W H Y !??!?!?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: W H Y !??!?!?!?!   W H Y !??!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 7:06 pm

xenonlion wrote:
Xid wrote:
I still have all 9 of my fingers!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

W H Y !??!?!?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: W H Y !??!?!?!?!   W H Y !??!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 7:25 pm

Samson wrote:
Easy way to peel it off: undo the hinge on the bottom of the CD, like you would do if you wanted to take off the front lid. Flip it over upside down, and you'll have an easier time pulling that sticky crap off of both sides.

You beat me to it! Smile Mayhaps I should read all the replies before offering my own!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

W H Y !??!?!?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: W H Y !??!?!?!?!   W H Y !??!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 9:53 am

Samson wrote:

I have used this method for over a decade.  It is almost perfectly flawless everytime.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

W H Y !??!?!?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: W H Y !??!?!?!?!   W H Y !??!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 3:08 pm

I really love music, but not the rattling of a jewel box.
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

W H Y !??!?!?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: W H Y !??!?!?!?!   W H Y !??!?!?!?! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 3:38 pm

Xid wrote:
xenonlion wrote:
Xid wrote:
I still have all 9 of my fingers!
Sweet!  Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

W H Y !??!?!?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: W H Y !??!?!?!?!   W H Y !??!?!?!?! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

W H Y !??!?!?!?!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: