Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

W H Y !??!?!?!?!

Go down 
+8
BearDad
MikeInFla
Staybrite
Xid
Samson
rockerVu2
kerrick
Guilty/Forgiven
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

W H Y !??!?!?!?! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W H Y !??!?!?!?!   W H Y !??!?!?!?! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 5:05 pm

That really stinks too - when you drop some hard earned cash on an original CD, it arrives, and upon removing it from the mailing package discover the whole front is cracked, or the little hinge part is busted clean off - HATE THAT !!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: W H Y !??!?!?!?!   W H Y !??!?!?!?! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 5:08 pm

And MikeInFla, I can tell some horror stories about vinyl too... like the time I dropped 20 bucks on Jerusalem Vol.1 Opened, but "In Mint Shape" - when I pulled it out of the mailer, the album was CRACKED CLEAN IN HALF !!! I practically cried ! She refunded my full amount after I sent photos. But I was still so bummed.
And that's just one story !  affraid 
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: W H Y !??!?!?!?!   W H Y !??!?!?!?! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 7:22 am

Xid wrote:
xenonlion wrote:
Xid wrote:
I usually use gasoline and matches.  For the really tough ones just a dab of C-4 does the trick.
Sounds like a pretty good idea. Totally safe, too.
I still have all 9 of my fingers!

So do I, but I cut the end of my wedding ring finger off in 1988 and had to have it surgically reattached.  It was just the tip and it was hanging by a piece of skin.  I held it in place with my other hand to keep the blood flow to it.  I had it reattached, and it took years to get the feeling mostly back.  Today, I probably feel about 95% with it, but that is more than enough to play bass and guitar!

My brother sabidoo also had the tip of the same finger cut off.  We were kids and I supposedly locked him in a greenhouse.  He attempted to escape and fell through a glass window.  They were able to reattach his finger, but his finger nail is on the very end of his finger instead of on the upper side like ours is.  Both of us were pretty young at the time.  I wasn't but around 3 yrs. old and actually have no recollection of this event.  That doesn't mean that my dear "older" brother doesn't still bring that up after all these years.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: W H Y !??!?!?!?!   W H Y !??!?!?!?! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 10:11 am

Some people just can't let go! (c:

I shattered the tip of my left index finger in the Lawnmower Incident of '95.  I think it was '95.  Maybe '96?  I couldn't play for about 3 months and then it was still very tender.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: W H Y !??!?!?!?!   W H Y !??!?!?!?! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 11:16 am

^^ you guys should be farmers. I don't think there's a farmer in SD that has all ten fingers, at least not complete.  Seems to be a requirement for the lifestyle! Very Happy

Last edited by BearDad on Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: W H Y !??!?!?!?!   W H Y !??!?!?!?! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 11:25 am

BearDad wrote:
^^ you guys should be farmers. It don't there there's a farmer in SD that has all ten fingers, at least not complete.  Seems to be a requirement for the lifestyle! Very Happy

Uhh.... What? It don't there there? WTH does that mean?   scratch  Wink
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: W H Y !??!?!?!?!   W H Y !??!?!?!?! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 11:55 am

ishmael81 wrote:
BearDad wrote:
^^ you guys should be farmers. It don't there there's a farmer in SD that has all ten fingers, at least not complete.  Seems to be a requirement for the lifestyle! Very Happy

I was supposed to say "I don't think"!  Sadly, I'm not on my iPhone so my only excuse is fat fingers and feeble brain. Sad 
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: W H Y !??!?!?!?!   W H Y !??!?!?!?! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 2:13 pm

My digits are still in place, thankfully. Finger and especially toe injuries make me cringe.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: W H Y !??!?!?!?!   W H Y !??!?!?!?! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 2:35 pm

BearDad wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
BearDad wrote:

I was supposed to say "I don't think"!  Sadly, I'm not on my iPhone so my only excuse is fat fingers and feeble brain. Sad 

Lol! I usually type stuff in Word then copy and paste. That way I donut miss nay mistaeks.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: W H Y !??!?!?!?!   W H Y !??!?!?!?! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 2:45 pm

lol!  Stupid
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: W H Y !??!?!?!?!   W H Y !??!?!?!?! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 11:07 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
Those are a n n o y i n g.
What bothers me too is that the "thooth in the middle of the CD often are broken when I get them.

So, I'm fascinated by this term you used - "Thooth" - what is that exactly ? Is that the official term of the little spindle that holds the CDs ? I always wondered if there was an official "term" for that thing
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: W H Y !??!?!?!?!   W H Y !??!?!?!?! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 10:21 am

Found this interesting... A little expensive, but it'd be worth it if you had some real treasured digipack albums:

Quote :

http://www.jazzloft....ement-hubs.aspx
W H Y !??!?!?!?! - Page 2 48742

CD Digipak Spindle Replacement Hubs

Artist: CD Accessories
Label: No Label
Price: $4.00

Year: 2008
Format: Accessories

Quantity: Package of 5 replacement hubs for $4.00.

Do you have any digipak CDs where the teeth on the spindle have broken so that the package can no longer hold the CD? Here's your solution. These are clear adhesive CD hubs that will renew your broken digipaks. Just peel the backing and stick the hub in the center of your jewel case over the original spindle. Your digipak can now hold the CD securely again!

CD Hubs - Clear Vinyl. 1 3/8" diameter.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: W H Y !??!?!?!?!   W H Y !??!?!?!?! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 10:26 am

Looks just like the little rubber nub that retroactive put on their digipacks.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: W H Y !??!?!?!?!   W H Y !??!?!?!?! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 11:55 am

yeh, not the greatest option, but it be good if you had a digi with a loose cd rattling around in it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: W H Y !??!?!?!?!   W H Y !??!?!?!?! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

W H Y !??!?!?!?!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: