Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams

Go down 
+6
Staybrite
Through The Dark Radio
Xid
metaldude
alldatndensum
BearDad
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Silence Screams
Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams I_vote_lcap10%Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
You Got Me Rockin'
Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams I_vote_lcap20%Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
Someone Sleeps
Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Waitin' on Sundown
Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Presence of the Lord
Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams I_vote_lcap20%Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
Light/Light
 20% [ 2 ]
Rain Dance
 20% [ 2 ]
Every Waking Hour
 0% [ 0 ]
Three Seconds
Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams I_vote_lcap10%Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
You Get What You Choose
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams   Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 10:15 pm

The band made us wait three years for this one, and it was well worth the wait! The album still had its share of hard rockers, but gone was any hint of their interest in 80's techno-rock ( cheers ). Instead they chose to start a new trend, at least for this and the next two albums: to have a total, flat-out blues song on the record, and to include a cover tune. This record actually had two blues songs, "Rain Dance" and "Presence of the Lord"; it just happened that one of them was also the cover tune! Smile  Of course, I'm as big a Clapton fan as I am a Journey fan, so hearing my favorite Christian band cover a tune from one of my favorite mainstream artists (or one of his many bands) was like heaven for me! 

This record also marks the band's one and only line-up change. Bassist Jim Denton left to be replaced by Roy Montroy. 

As much as I love the cover tune, and as much as I love harder rock, I am also very much a blues fan and have to say that "Rain Dance" is my favorite on this album.

This is the only Rez album I don't have on CD yet; just tape. Oh, and by the way ... Glenn's hair was all grown back and past his shoulders again. Woot Woot! Smile 

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams   Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 7:14 am

While I love all the rockers on this one, I had to go with the worship song "Presence Of The Lord".  It's worship and blues at the same time, but it's a haunting sound that really drives home the hunger for the Lord evident in Glenn & Wendy's lives.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams   Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 8:13 am

I agree with Beardad about this album. They quit playing around and got back to what they do best, playing good blues based rock. I got to see them tour this one (Sacred Warrior opening). It was a great show. I was pleasantly surprised to see that they sound a little heavier live. It was also memorable for me because I got to meet the people who had made such a positive impact on my life. 

As far as my favorite song, I was tempted to go with Light/Light, but Three Seconds won out for me.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams   Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 10:44 am

By the time this album came out I had moved on to other bands like Stryper, Bloodgood, Saint & Whitecross.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams   Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 11:14 am

^^ I get it.  Use 'em then lose 'em.  Ya floozy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams   Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 12:28 pm

*hangs head in shame*
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams   Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 1:43 pm

Silent Screams would've been my vote back in the day but now I've found that I like Light/Light a lot more.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams   Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 2:52 pm

This is where things get really difficult for me Rez has gone for a great classic blues based hard rock sound and pretty much every song on this album is great. Silence Screams and Someone Sleeps are in the top running but when forced to pick a single song I have to go with Light/Light.

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams   Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 6:33 pm

This album marks a great run of my favorite albums by Rez. So many great songs but Rain Dance gets my vote.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams   Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 9:32 am

Staybrite wrote:
This is where things get really difficult for me Rez has gone for a great classic blues based hard rock sound and pretty much every song on this album is great.  Silence Screams and Someone Sleeps are in the top running but when forced to pick a single song I have to go with Light/Light.

Huzzah!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams   Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 2:47 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
This is where things get really difficult for me Rez has gone for a great classic blues based hard rock sound and pretty much every song on this album is great.  Silence Screams and Someone Sleeps are in the top running but when forced to pick a single song I have to go with Light/Light.

Huzzah!!! cheers

Great minds think alike.  I agree 

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams   Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 1:11 pm

Only 1/2 a dozen votes?  Come on people!  We'll never win the election this way!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams   Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 2:47 pm

I will say I am surprised that more people here don't own (and love) this album. Certainly one of the band's better offerings.

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams   Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 4:38 am

Light/Light was great, but the title track gets my vote.  Although it has to be said that I prefer the Treasure Seeker version!  (Should I be shot for saying that?)

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams   Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 9:11 am

Fundy wrote:
Light/Light was great, but the title track gets my vote.  Although it has to be said that I prefer the Treasure Seeker version!  (Should I be shot for saying that?)

Maybe  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams   Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 9:25 am

Fundy wrote:

Although I will forever love Rez, as one who prefers metal, and then power and progressive metal, I have to agree with you.
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams   Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 9:28 am

I know not of this other version.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams   Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 9:54 am

Let me furnish your ears with this listening pleasure!

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams   Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 10:27 am

That entire Treasure Seeker album is great, I highly recommend it. (although I believe it is out of print and rather difficult to find).

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams   Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 10:42 am

Staybrite wrote:
That entire Treasure Seeker album is great, I highly recommend it.  (although I believe it is out of print and rather difficult to find).

I'll have to second that!  Most songs are better than the originals!

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams   Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 pm

The cover sounds good. However,  I won't go so far as to say it's better than the original. The cover is missing the drive from the rhythm section that Rez gave it. It also lacks the special "something" that the Kaisers have when singing together. Just my opinion. 

Having said that, I would like to hear the rest of that tribute album. Who did it?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams   Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 2:47 pm

Treasure Seeker is the name of the band (Tribute to the Past is the album name) and they were actually members from several European bands. I believe members from Seventh Ave, Lightmare and possibly even Trust worked on the album.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams   Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 2:49 pm

the NLTM sites also indicates somebody from Chryztyne was on the album.

http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/treasureseeker.html

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2563
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams   Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 9:49 pm

I don't think there is a bad song on this disc. That being said,the one song that pops into my head so often would be You got me Rockin'.

Ain't pullin' no punches
I got nothing to prove
I'm a holy roller an' I live in Your Truth
For Your power is mighty
An' I trust in Your Word
So bring on the lions, they have to face you first

You got me rockin'
An' I give you control
You got me rolling
My name's on the roll

Fill me with Your Spirit
Transform my mind
I will not be silent
'Cause now is the time
For the Truth of the gospel
To be shouted out loud
In the heat of the battle
In the midst of the crowd

I thank You for dyin', so that I could live
I thank You for somethin', that I could give
My tallent surrendered me
My life on the line
Jesus You're my salvation
Turnin' water to wine
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams   Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 2:53 pm

The Blind Faith cover, no contest  Thumbs Up 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams   Favorite Rez Song - Silence Screams I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next