Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Windows Media Player.

Go down 
+3
Staybrite
MikeInFla
rockerVu2
7 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Windows Media Player. Empty
PostSubject: Windows Media Player.   Windows Media Player. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 3:29 pm

To rip CDs and load them on my phone I always have used WMP.
Ripping CDs never was a problem.
Now I have some new CDs and other CDs I want to rip to load them on my phone.
But I  can't rip them anymore on WMP.
Maybe it's a security to protect CDs so you can't rip them anymore?
Is there an other reliable media player where you can rip CDs too?
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3118
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Windows Media Player.   Windows Media Player. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 3:38 pm

I use that or iTunes. Never had a problem with WMP.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Windows Media Player.   Windows Media Player. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 3:47 pm

I've never had any problems ripping with WMP.  scratch 

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Windows Media Player.   Windows Media Player. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 5:55 pm

MusicBee works well, too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Windows Media Player.   Windows Media Player. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 7:48 am

I know have.
It seems like the ripping part of my WMP doesn't work.
Can you download a new WMP?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Windows Media Player.   Windows Media Player. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 10:05 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
I know have.
It seems like the ripping part of my WMP doesn't work.
Can you download a new WMP?

You can download updates to WMP, but it might be a good idea to check your cd drive on your computer. Mine crashed a few years ago and my first thought was that there was something wrong with WMP, but it was actually the physical cd drive on my computer.

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Windows Media Player.   Windows Media Player. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 10:27 am

I use the free version of FreeRip to rip to WAV, then use AIMP3 to convert to FLAC.  FreeRip will go straight to FLAC, but it's a longer process.  By using AIMP3 for the final conversion I can do several CDs at once while not at my computer.

I used to use WMP, but it was jamming up on a lot of CDs.  They would grind and spin, spin and grind, taking 15 minutes or more to rip a single CD.  I thought something was wrong with my DVD drive, and cleaning it make no difference. However, I haven't had a single issue since switching to FreeRip, and most CDs rip with no noise. Obviously my issue had something to do with WMP.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Windows Media Player.   Windows Media Player. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 10:37 am

BearDad wrote:
I use the free version of FreeRip to rip to WAV, then use AIMP3 to convert to FLAC.  FreeRip will go straight to FLAC, but it's a longer process.  By using AIMP3 for the final conversion I can do several CDs at once while not at my computer.

I used to use WMP, but it was jamming up on a lot of CDs.  They would grind and spin, spin and grind, taking 15 minutes or more to rip a single CD.  I thought something was wrong with my DVD drive, and cleaning it make no difference. However, I haven't had a single issue since switching to FreeRip, and most CDs rip with no noise. Obviously my issue had something to do with WMP.

I've noticed that quite a bit using WMP as well and also thought it was my disc drive.  Is  FreeRip a download program or does it do it straight from the internet?

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Windows Media Player.   Windows Media Player. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 8:39 am

That's something I like to know too.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Windows Media Player.   Windows Media Player. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 8:48 am

Staybrite wrote:
BearDad wrote:

I've noticed that quite a bit using WMP as well and also thought it was my disc drive.  Is  FreeRip a download program or does it do it straight from the internet?

It's a download. http://www.freerip.com/
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Windows Media Player.   Windows Media Player. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 10:16 am

I use WMP for playback - but have also had problems with some audio extensions as well as video (downloaded a video codex for that).

I prefer MusicBee over WMP though. Been using it as my main player for a few months now and LOVE the way it grabs album art work and shuffles pix of the band (though every once in a while it's the wrong band - haha - makes for an interesting shuffle though).

When it comes to ripping a CD to my PC, I still use the dreaded iTunes. Despite all it's annoyances, it rips CDs with great precision and versatility. I'll keep using it alone to rip CDs as long as it works the way it always has.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Windows Media Player.   Windows Media Player. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 10:19 am

BearDad wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
BearDad wrote:

It's a download. http://www.freerip.com/

Thanx, I will give it a try.

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Windows Media Player.   Windows Media Player. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 6:19 am

Of all the frustrating parts of Windows, WMP is perhaps the most frustrating.  I have a large library and it hangs for several minutes when I first start it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windows Media Player.   Windows Media Player. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Windows Media Player.
Page 1 of 1