Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So your wife's into country and you like metal ?

Go down 
+6
Readi_Sketti
ishmael81
Staybrite
xenonlion
kerrick
Guilty/Forgiven
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

So your wife's into country and you like metal ? Empty
PostSubject: So your wife's into country and you like metal ?   So your wife's into country and you like metal ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 1:21 pm

Well have I got news for you...

Now you can have all your wife's favorite contemporary country artists singing the hits of none other than
MOTLEY CRUE !?!?!?! Yep, I'm NOT making this up !

So your wife's into country and you like metal ? 51wm254B%2BEL._SL500_AA280_

http://www.amazon.com/Nashville-Outlaws-Tribute-digital-booklet/dp/B00L1XWPD0
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: So your wife's into country and you like metal ?   So your wife's into country and you like metal ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 1:22 pm

All I can say is  affraidaffraidaffraidaffraidaffraidaffraidaffraidaffraidaffraidaffraidaffraidaffraidaffraidaffraidaffraidaffraidaffraidaffraidaffraidaffraidaffraidaffraid
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: So your wife's into country and you like metal ?   So your wife's into country and you like metal ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 1:25 pm

Ha, where was this six years ago???  I dated a gal for a while that loved all that pop-country crap on the radio.  This would've been a welcome reprieve.  I didn't used to hate country...

[EDIT: wow, that's my 1,000th post!]
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: So your wife's into country and you like metal ?   So your wife's into country and you like metal ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 1:31 pm

I don't even have a wife! What are you talking about?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23424
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: So your wife's into country and you like metal ?   So your wife's into country and you like metal ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 2:49 pm

What a hilariously bad idea.

I just can't see a very large market for this.  I mean how many country fans are big Motley Crue fans....I mean except all those 30 & 40 somethings that changed their favorite band with whatever dominated the radio at the time.

I can't imagine that many longtime Crue fans would be excited about this.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: So your wife's into country and you like metal ?   So your wife's into country and you like metal ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 3:11 pm

Quote :
What a hilariously bad idea

Couldn't have said it better myself !  Laughing 

I actually watched the video for Home Sweet Home (before I knew they were doing an entire album like this) and it was surprisingly good !  The Crue were guests on the video which was kind of cool. I just don't see how many of the other songs are going to translate well into country....  Suspect 
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: So your wife's into country and you like metal ?   So your wife's into country and you like metal ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 3:21 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Quote :
.... I just don't see how many of the other songs are going to translate well into country....  Suspect 

All you have to do is listen to the few sound samples that Amazon offers (I noticed they won't let you listen to samples of all the songs).  The Dr Feelgood cover sounds horrendous.

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: So your wife's into country and you like metal ?   So your wife's into country and you like metal ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 3:40 pm

You may be surprised. My wife has four aunts who listened to Crue (and Poison, Warrant, Bon Jovi, etc.) in high school that now listen to country. There's probably a bigger market than you would think.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: So your wife's into country and you like metal ?   So your wife's into country and you like metal ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 4:29 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
You may be surprised. My wife has four aunts who listened to Crue (and Poison, Warrant, Bon Jovi, etc.) in high school that now listen to country. There's probably a bigger market than you would think.

They must fall into this category

some really smart dude wrote:
I mean how many country fans are big Motley Crue fans....I mean except all those 30 & 40 somethings that changed their favorite band with whatever dominated the radio at the time.

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: So your wife's into country and you like metal ?   So your wife's into country and you like metal ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 4:31 pm

Staybrite wrote:

I mean how many country fans are big Motley Crue fans....I mean except all those 30 & 40 somethings that changed their favorite band with whatever dominated the radio at the time.

Wait... I thought you said that... oh wait... my bad.... Laughing  Razz  lol!
Back to top Go down
Readi_Sketti

Readi_Sketti

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2012-01-12

PostSubject: Re: So your wife's into country and you like metal ?   So your wife's into country and you like metal ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 5:13 pm

This just looks terrible! :p

Kerick, Congrats on your 1,000th post!  cheers
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: So your wife's into country and you like metal ?   So your wife's into country and you like metal ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 6:08 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Just making sure you're paying attention!  Laughing

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: So your wife's into country and you like metal ?   So your wife's into country and you like metal ? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 8:59 am

Staybrite wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Just making sure you're paying attention!  Laughing

Uhhh... who we talkin' about?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: So your wife's into country and you like metal ?   So your wife's into country and you like metal ? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 9:21 am

I guess they're following a pattern now - First it was a bunch of huge names in country that hooked up with Lionel Ritchie and did an album of Lionel's solo songs, re-interpreted to country (Say You, ::twang twang:: Say Me...), but on this album, Lionel himself duets with all the country artists.
My wife really loves the album, I'm not a big fan... needless to say....

I did like the re-interpreted version of "Home Sweet Home" by Crue and Justin Moore, didn't sound too bad. Haven't listened to any others, not sure that I'm interested...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: So your wife's into country and you like metal ?   So your wife's into country and you like metal ? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 10:35 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I did like the re-interpreted version of "Home Sweet Home" by Crue and Justin Moore, didn't sound too bad. Haven't listened to any others, not sure that I'm interested...

It does help that the song was sort of a pop ballad in the first place, it could have been done in almost any popular genre.

G/F wrote:
First it was a bunch of huge names in country that hooked up with Lionel Ritchie and did an album of Lionel's solo songs, re-interpreted to country (Say You, ::twang twang:: Say Me...), 

So your wife's into country and you like metal ? Bleh

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: So your wife's into country and you like metal ?   So your wife's into country and you like metal ? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 10:52 am

^ my face exactly
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: So your wife's into country and you like metal ?   So your wife's into country and you like metal ? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 11:54 am

I was thinking about playing Lionel Richie at my funeral.

What if I liked country and my spouse liked metal? What if we both liked metal or both liked country? What if we both hated either genre?
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: So your wife's into country and you like metal ?   So your wife's into country and you like metal ? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 3:13 pm

xenonlion wrote:
I was thinking about playing Lionel Richie at my funeral.

What if I liked country and my spouse liked metal? What if we both liked metal or both liked country? What if we both hated either genre?
"Oh, what a feeling....when you're dancin' on the ceiling."  Yeah, I'd love to hear that at a funeral.  Not that I want you to die or anything...moving on....
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: So your wife's into country and you like metal ?   So your wife's into country and you like metal ? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 3:13 pm

kerrick wrote:
Ha, where was this six years ago???  I dated a gal for a while that loved all that pop-country crap on the radio.  This would've been a welcome reprieve.  I didn't used to hate country...

[EDIT: wow, that's my 1,000th post!]
Good news!  That isn't country!!!!
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: So your wife's into country and you like metal ?   So your wife's into country and you like metal ? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 3:14 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: So your wife's into country and you like metal ?   So your wife's into country and you like metal ? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 3:16 pm

How can you call yourselves the "Nashville Outlaws" if you are the poster boys/girls for the country radio format these days?  Can't wait to hear LeAnn Rimes sing "Smokin' in the Boys Room."  I also notice no one was brave enough to do "Shout at the Devil."
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: So your wife's into country and you like metal ?   So your wife's into country and you like metal ? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 6:50 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
...  I also notice no one was brave enough to do "Shout at the Devil."

Which is odd because that song was tailor made for Toby Kieth.

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2560
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: So your wife's into country and you like metal ?   So your wife's into country and you like metal ? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 8:14 am

This kinda reminds me of the Metal disc that Pat Boone did.

So your wife's into country and you like metal ? Df828bacd7a009e16a207110.L%5B1%5D
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: So your wife's into country and you like metal ?   So your wife's into country and you like metal ? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 6:59 am

Seems like a cheap imitation of

Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: So your wife's into country and you like metal ?   So your wife's into country and you like metal ? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 7:35 am

Staybrite wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
...  I also notice no one was brave enough to do "Shout at the Devil."

Which is odd because that song was tailor made for Toby Kieth.

It's also odd as it is the seminal Crue song, at least IMO. Sure, they had a lot of hits in their time, and many were good tunes, but none topped Shout at the Devil or Looks That Kill.

Last edited by BearDad on Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So your wife's into country and you like metal ?   So your wife's into country and you like metal ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So your wife's into country and you like metal ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: