Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CHM on Facebook... A few changes

Go down 
+5
BearDad
Staybrite
alldatndensum
kerrick
Driven
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

CHM on Facebook... A few changes Empty
PostSubject: CHM on Facebook... A few changes   CHM on Facebook... A few changes I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 3:20 pm

So for those of you who haven't heard yet, there have been a few changes to our presence on Facebook (and I say "our" as a Facebook admin… I have no power here on CHM). We used to have a semi-public CHM Facebook group, so as to draw people towards CHM proper, and sort of to replicate the community feeling here. Unfortunately, time turned the Facebook group into a hit-and-run commercial advertising page, culminating in over 1000 (more like 1200) members who usually only posted once, and that post was usually either a) an ad for a band/show/radio or b) informative, but lost in the sea of ads. Plus, the page was almost never drawing anyone to CHM proper. So we tried a change of power, since policing the group was exhausting, but that didn't work, as some may remember. So eventually, we decided to officially pull the plug. Thanks to the efforts of Alldat, Staybrite, Xid, Readi and myself, we managed to delete all the members in about a day! Right now, if I'm not mistaken, the group is about to be deleted.

That said… I suggested to Alldat a few months ago that we start another Facebook group for CHM, but this time make (and keep) it a secret group, and that we use it as a backup or alternative, in case anything happens to this page. It's called "Christian Hard Music Users", and the rules are simple: a) Only regular or semi-regular CHM members in good standing are allowed in; b) no repeated advertising allowed (admins have discretion as to what counts as repeated or advertising); c) pretty much anything else in the CHM rules applies. In case you're not already a member of the group, and you do have Facebook, send me or Alldat or Staybrite a message, and we'll give you the link to join.

Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: CHM on Facebook... A few changes   CHM on Facebook... A few changes I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 3:55 pm

Cool!  Thanks for the update.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: CHM on Facebook... A few changes   CHM on Facebook... A few changes I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 3:56 pm

Thanks, Driven!  I was going to do this myself, but you have beaten me to it!

The old CHM Facebook page is now totally gone.  We have pulled the plug and the funeral can begin!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: CHM on Facebook... A few changes   CHM on Facebook... A few changes I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 4:10 pm

I know there are several "regulars" here that are not on the f.b. users group (there are only 16 of us as of right now...on the f.b. group).  So if you have a facebook account you need to friend one of the admins (myself, Driven, or Alldat) let us know who you are and we can add you.  

I am on f.b. as Gary Stielow (there are two Gary Stielows, I am the one with the black and white photo avatar....the other guy is my uncle who just died last week so he is very unlikely to friend you....yes that was a bad joke but just look and the source and you shouldn't be too surprised)

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: CHM on Facebook... A few changes   CHM on Facebook... A few changes I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 4:41 pm

Staybrite wrote:
the other guy is my uncle who just died last week so he is very unlikely to friend you....yes that was a bad joke but just look and the source and you shouldn't be too surprised)

Even after my grandmother died my folks left one of the buttons on their phone programmed to speed dial her phone. My dad used to joke about trying the button to see if she'd answer! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: CHM on Facebook... A few changes   CHM on Facebook... A few changes I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 5:11 pm

BearDad wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
the other guy is my uncle who just died last week so he is very unlikely to friend you....yes that was a bad joke but just look and the source and you shouldn't be too surprised)

Even after my grandmother died my folks left one of the buttons on their phone programmed to speed dial her phone. My dad used to joke about trying the button to see if she'd answer! Very Happy

That's why I love you people so much, humor even in the face of loss.  Very Happy

Now tell me why aren't you on the Facebook CHM Users group?

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: CHM on Facebook... A few changes   CHM on Facebook... A few changes I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 5:12 pm

When my grandmother passed away she was wearing a sweatshirt that read, "I'm in no condition to do aerobics."
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: CHM on Facebook... A few changes   CHM on Facebook... A few changes I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 5:37 pm

Xid wrote:
When my grandmother passed away she was wearing a sweatshirt that read, "I'm in no condition to do aerobics."

Shocked

lol!

Driven

PostSubject: Re: CHM on Facebook... A few changes   CHM on Facebook... A few changes I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2014 1:25 pm

Xid wrote:

Sounds like an awesome grandma. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: CHM on Facebook... A few changes   CHM on Facebook... A few changes I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2014 1:49 pm

It was a cute punchline on a sad occasion. Cool
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2561
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: CHM on Facebook... A few changes   CHM on Facebook... A few changes I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2014 4:56 pm

Staybrite wrote:

Probably because I don't even have a Facebook account. I never felt the need to get on it.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: CHM on Facebook... A few changes   CHM on Facebook... A few changes I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 12:04 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Probably because I don't even have a Facebook account. I never felt the need to get on it.
I can understand that.  I might not have one either but my wife made me do it several years ago so she could have someone else to friend.  Laughing

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: CHM on Facebook... A few changes   CHM on Facebook... A few changes I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 12:42 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Now you have a need...  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: CHM on Facebook... A few changes   CHM on Facebook... A few changes I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 9:33 pm

…a need to be free… that's why we ROCK YOU!
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: CHM on Facebook... A few changes   CHM on Facebook... A few changes I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 9:58 am

I tried sharing an account with my wife, but I don't want to sort through her stuff any more than she wants to sort through mine. I had alot of trouble navigating it and getting it set up. And then there's the fact that some people from my past are there for a reason and I would like them to stay there. Can you use a username instead of your name?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: CHM on Facebook... A few changes   CHM on Facebook... A few changes I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 10:32 am

metaldude wrote:
I tried sharing an account with my wife, but I don't want to sort through her stuff any more than she wants to sort through mine. I had alot of trouble navigating it and getting it set up. And then there's the fact that some people from my past are there for a reason and I would like them to stay there. Can you use a username instead of your name?

You can, Fundy uses the same name here as he does on facebook.

Xid

PostSubject: Re: CHM on Facebook... A few changes   CHM on Facebook... A few changes I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 10:47 am

And you can set your profile to private which means that only the people who are on your friend's list can see you.  You can also block those you of whom you would like blocked.
Back to top Go down
Livna

Livna

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2014-10-08

PostSubject: Re: CHM on Facebook... A few changes   CHM on Facebook... A few changes I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 1:54 pm

I don't have Facebook anymore and probably won't reinstate it anytime soon but if I do I'll hit you guys up
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: CHM on Facebook... A few changes   CHM on Facebook... A few changes I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 2:16 pm

Xid wrote:
And you can set your profile to private which means that only the people who are on your friend's list can see you.  You can also block those you of whom you would like blocked.

Indeed!

Livna wrote:
I don't have Facebook anymore and probably won't reinstate it anytime soon but if I do I'll hit you guys up

Thumbs Up

PostSubject: Re: CHM on Facebook... A few changes   CHM on Facebook... A few changes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CHM on Facebook... A few changes
Page 1 of 1