Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ApologetiX... I just can't help myself...

Go down 
+10
Samson
oldschooldoom
Ahlitah
topshot rhit
Driven
metaldude
Livna
alldatndensum
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

ApologetiX... I just can't help myself... Empty
PostSubject: ApologetiX... I just can't help myself...   ApologetiX... I just can't help myself... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 1:15 pm

I love these guys Very Happy  (Whenever I talk about them, I either get people who absolutely hate them and spit venom in their comments, or I get peeps who dig them... seems like I never meet someone who's middle of the road opinions)

They autographed one CD for me and sent me the Classics: Heavy album for free !

ApologetiX... I just can't help myself... Apo10

Oldiesmann likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX... I just can't help myself...   ApologetiX... I just can't help myself... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 2:24 pm

Nice!

I have to say that in general I really like "cover songs" but I just can't get into this band (or Wierd Al for that matter).  It is obvious they are talented bunch of guys, and while I enjoy hearing their take on classic songs I remember from days of old....I just could not listen to their stuff repeatedly.  So I don't hate them at all, but it is highly unlikely I will ever purchase one of their albums.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX... I just can't help myself...   ApologetiX... I just can't help myself... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 2:46 pm

It's nice to know there's at least one who doesn't hate them, but isn't into them - kind of a "middle of the roader" Laughing
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX... I just can't help myself...   ApologetiX... I just can't help myself... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 3:40 pm

I like 'em and have several albums by them.  I listen to the album quite a bit when it first comes out.  After that, I will listen again every once and a while when I can't decide what I really want to hear.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Livna

Livna

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2014-10-08

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX... I just can't help myself...   ApologetiX... I just can't help myself... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 3:42 pm

I don't own anything by them but what I've heard I like
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX... I just can't help myself...   ApologetiX... I just can't help myself... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 4:21 pm

I'm definitely middle of the road. I've never heard them, therefore I have no opinion.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX... I just can't help myself...   ApologetiX... I just can't help myself... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 6:26 pm

I still need to buy Loaded 45s. I have a signed copy of Singles Group, complete with the bonus Isn't Wasn't Ain't (Director's Cut) that was included in the deal. I have an eye out for a deal on Loaded 45s.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX... I just can't help myself...   ApologetiX... I just can't help myself... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 6:23 am

I have Loaded 45s autographed as well.  I have another that I bought autographed and then got one personally signed at a concert of theirs in Hendersonville, TN a couple of years ago.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX... I just can't help myself...   ApologetiX... I just can't help myself... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 6:30 am

For as talented as they are, I'd prefer that they released only original material. I don't mind a nice cover now and then (even with some slight changes like Boarders), but I'm not big on parodies.

Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX... I just can't help myself...   ApologetiX... I just can't help myself... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 5:13 pm

From today's newsletter from ApologetiX, a hilarious introduction…

J. Jackson, lead singer and lyricist for ApologetiX here.

I was never much for collecting autographs, but we do get asked to sign a lot of CDs, shirts, caps, shoes, arms, etc. As a way of reminding our fans (and myself) that anything praiseworthy about us comes from God, I try to include a Bible verse when I sign.

It gets to be such a habit that I have to make sure I don't accidentally add a verse when I write a check to pay a bill or when I sign some permission slip for my kids' schools.

I have many different verses I like to use. Recently, I've considered adding 2 Kings 9:20b: "The driving is like that of Jehu son of Nimshi—he drives like a maniac.'"

One of my old friends liked to use Galatians 6:11: "See what large letters I use as I write to you with my own hand!" Another preferred 2 Corinthians 11:1: "I wish that you would bear with me in a little foolishness; but indeed you are bearing with me."

I try to pick verses that will encourage others. I once made a newsletter for another ministry, thinking I was using the verse that says "And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds," but I got the verse number wrong.

Instead of using Hebrews 10:24, I used 10:28: "Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses." Oops.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX... I just can't help myself...   ApologetiX... I just can't help myself... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 6:16 pm

That's funny!

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX... I just can't help myself...   ApologetiX... I just can't help myself... I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 6:00 pm

I like em.

I don't like that they don't answer emails!

I emailed them inquiring about Lossless downloads, and I was ignored.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX... I just can't help myself...   ApologetiX... I just can't help myself... I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 8:04 pm

Maybe it is because they don't offer them?  I've always had J. Jackson answer my emails.

Back to top Go down
Ahlitah

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX... I just can't help myself...   ApologetiX... I just can't help myself... I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 8:35 pm

Could be... A reply saying no, would of been nice.

Simply ignoring the email is not nice..
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX... I just can't help myself...   ApologetiX... I just can't help myself... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 7:32 am

You also have think about the number of emails they probably get a day, busyness of life, and the possibility of accidentally deleting something before you had a chance to respond.  I've done it.  Most of us have.  They are only human.

Did you try asking them a 2nd time and reminding them of their promise to answer all emails?

Back to top Go down
Ahlitah

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX... I just can't help myself...   ApologetiX... I just can't help myself... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 10:53 am

Could be, that why I gave them awhile to answer the email.

I am planning on sending another one soon.

If that doesn't get answered then I'll live with it!
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX... I just can't help myself...   ApologetiX... I just can't help myself... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 6:09 pm

I've never had an answer from Apo either… maybe they have a spam filter that deleted mine?
Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom

oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX... I just can't help myself...   ApologetiX... I just can't help myself... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 9:17 am

I dig them
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX... I just can't help myself...   ApologetiX... I just can't help myself... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 9:43 am

I've chatted on multiple occasions with the boyz in the band including J.
Also spoke with their guitarist from the beginning (who is no longer touring with them) on the phone for an hour ! Correction - HE talked with me for an hour. Karl could talk non-stop... goodness !
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX... I just can't help myself...   ApologetiX... I just can't help myself... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 9:53 am

I was working backstage for a Christian festival in 2007, and ApX was on the card. I helped Jimmy set up his drum kit, passing all his stuff from the floor up to the stage. He was a really cool cat to talk with.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX... I just can't help myself...   ApologetiX... I just can't help myself... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2023 5:01 pm

I’ve been getting into these guys lately. I created a Spotify playlist with their rock and metal covers and I really enjoy it! They’re really good at making the songs sound similar to the original songs. Even the lyrics are similar to the same words as the originals throughout each song. They’re talented. I would see them live, but I don’t think I’d be as into their other cover work.

Staybrite and Guilty/Forgiven like this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX... I just can't help myself...   ApologetiX... I just can't help myself... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2023 4:55 pm

I am either 4 or 5 albums behind.  I don't know if I will ever get caught up!

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5330
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX... I just can't help myself...   ApologetiX... I just can't help myself... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2023 3:05 am

They are super talented.  I have about 7 of their albums, and I'm amazed at how adaptable the vocalist is.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Oldiesmann

Oldiesmann

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX... I just can't help myself...   ApologetiX... I just can't help myself... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2023 9:48 pm

I've been a fan of theirs for years - even to the point of running a fan site for years and helping promote a couple of local concerts (decided I wanted to bring them to town because they never came close, and they hooked me up with the youth pastor at a local church who was also interested in bringing them to town). Great group and loads of fun. I've got quite a few of their CDs as well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.christianmetal.fans
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX... I just can't help myself...   ApologetiX... I just can't help myself... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2023 2:45 pm

If you guys dig ApologetiX, you may like these other Christian parody bands. Petrafried are super talented. They've only done one album though. RPM is a fun band led by Mark Bradford, he does everything from pop music to TV show themes. Unfortunately the CDs are a little hard to come by at times.

ApologetiX... I just can't help myself... 20230110

Oldiesmann likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX... I just can't help myself...   ApologetiX... I just can't help myself... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ApologetiX... I just can't help myself...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next