Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ApologetiX new album!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

ApologetiX new album! Empty
PostSubject: ApologetiX new album!   ApologetiX new album! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 1:28 pm

From Facebook:

Our next album, "Singles Group," is now at the duplicator. It contains the first 13 songs we released as downloads this year, everything from "Brush/Cousin Zephaniah" through "Gimme Some Sign." The 9 songs we've released since then will be part of a second CD later this year.

ApologetiX new album! 10491144_10152491362017902_5664332710712043158_n
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX new album!   ApologetiX new album! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 5:26 pm

I wonder if getting people to donate and get the downloads early will hurt the sale of this album?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX new album!   ApologetiX new album! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 5:30 pm

That's what I was thinking, too. I'd decided to hold off the downloads until a CD came out, but in order to encourage them financially, I bought a good part of their back catalogue directly from them.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX new album!   ApologetiX new album! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 5:49 pm

I was thinking they had made a wise move financially. They've been leaking 2 to 3 songs at a time called "singles" for a donation. You know the minimum someone will feel obligated to give is a dollar per song (which is what I did). Depending on how many songs are on the new album, they've probably made more money digitally for their music than a print CD with 13 to 15 songs on it that they charge around 10 to 12 bucks for.
As an ApologetiX aficionado, I must own all their CDs (except those best of, category ones, since I already have all those songs on other CDs), so if they release a CD of the songs I already downloaded for a buck a piece, I will be buying that too. I like to support them, hoping their ministry is meant to continue. (In my personal opinion though, having followed their blogs for so many years.... all the signs to hang it up have been there for a couple years now - but J trudges on... you gotta hand it to him, he's not going down without a fight)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX new album!   ApologetiX new album! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ApologetiX new album!
Page 1 of 1