Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The best ebay winning ever = "the Unveiling"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

The best ebay winning ever = "the Unveiling" Empty
PostSubject: The best ebay winning ever = "the Unveiling"   The best ebay winning ever = "the Unveiling" I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 11:21 am

New thread dedicated to slowly unveiling my freshly arrived package of over 200 CDs I got for 30 bucks. (Hopefully all this hype doesn't turn out to be another Geraldo Rivera opening Al Capone's vault) Laughing

Step 1. The package- 
Arriving in a box that says "Dog Sled" "Adult Assembly Required" Suspect
The best ebay winning ever = "the Unveiling" 14190010
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: The best ebay winning ever = "the Unveiling"   The best ebay winning ever = "the Unveiling" I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 11:26 am

It's 15.4 pounds ! 
Or 6.9 Kilograms for the rest of you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: The best ebay winning ever = "the Unveiling"   The best ebay winning ever = "the Unveiling" I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 11:31 am

The best ebay winning ever = "the Unveiling" 14190011

First impression - getting excited cyclops
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: The best ebay winning ever = "the Unveiling"   The best ebay winning ever = "the Unveiling" I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 11:53 am

You are such a jerk for not just showing it all already!  The suspense!  The mystery!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: The best ebay winning ever = "the Unveiling"   The best ebay winning ever = "the Unveiling" I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 12:10 pm

First handful yields some really cool titles I don't have yet - only a few in cases, those are in great shape. First disappointment is the ones in the sleeves are void of the back cover insert. Seems what he did was tear off each spine from the cd tray image and use them to ID the albums. Some cds are like new, others have seen better days. Kinda expected this for the incredibly cheap price - so I can't complain. 
The best ebay winning ever = "the Unveiling" 14190012
Sorry pix are sideways.... I'm on my cell phone
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: The best ebay winning ever = "the Unveiling"   The best ebay winning ever = "the Unveiling" I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 12:11 pm

Kerrick Tonguelol!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: The best ebay winning ever = "the Unveiling"   The best ebay winning ever = "the Unveiling" I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 12:22 pm

Definitely yard sale material. I've already scored more than 30 I really wanted and They're in beautiful shape. So I got my money's worth for sure.  The rest will go into my yard sale pile - many are in bad shape, and all the ones in sleeves have no back tray art.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: The best ebay winning ever = "the Unveiling"   The best ebay winning ever = "the Unveiling" I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 12:27 pm

Don't forget my Jars CD's you want Smile
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: The best ebay winning ever = "the Unveiling"   The best ebay winning ever = "the Unveiling" I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 12:31 pm

Are u still interested in cds from this haul if they're in the shape I've described ?
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: The best ebay winning ever = "the Unveiling"   The best ebay winning ever = "the Unveiling" I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 12:34 pm

Sure thing...
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: The best ebay winning ever = "the Unveiling"   The best ebay winning ever = "the Unveiling" I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 12:35 pm

The collector in me is weeping due to the fact that there are some old old classic albums in here that would've been such a killer score if the owner didn't rip the back tray art apart and throw it away. 
I didn't have high expectations for what I paid, but still, why would anyone do that to their collection ? Oh my !
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: The best ebay winning ever = "the Unveiling"   The best ebay winning ever = "the Unveiling" I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 12:46 pm

There are a couple websites where you can scan/print back inserts.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The best ebay winning ever = "the Unveiling"   The best ebay winning ever = "the Unveiling" I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 4:06 pm

I know several people who put their cds in sleeve binders and completely tossed the artwork (front, back and the case).  One of the guys who worked a local cd store said he used to love it when those people would bring in their binder with 200+ cds and ask how much the store would buy them for.  He would always look them dead in the eye and say "Sorry fella, we wouldn't take them for free, they are useless for resale".

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: The best ebay winning ever = "the Unveiling"   The best ebay winning ever = "the Unveiling" I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 4:17 pm

Exactly my point ! Collectors want the complete package -and in very good shape. There are several that I'm gonna rip a copy of, but they're not worth the space in my physical collection.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: The best ebay winning ever = "the Unveiling"   The best ebay winning ever = "the Unveiling" I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 10:16 pm

I thought this thread would be about getting a Rev Seven album for an amazing price. Oops.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The best ebay winning ever = "the Unveiling"   The best ebay winning ever = "the Unveiling" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The best ebay winning ever = "the Unveiling"
Page 1 of 1