Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rev Seven - The Unveiling original tape

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Rev Seven - The Unveiling original tape Empty
PostSubject: Rev Seven - The Unveiling original tape   Rev Seven - The Unveiling original tape I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 12:54 pm

Anybody ever heard this? I bought a copy from Bill last month and he graciously sent me the MP3 files he'd made from another copy. It has a raw but clear production, and sounds a lot like Ozzy. Not to mention the E standard/Drop D tunings as opposed to D standard/Drop C tunings on the 2007/2012 edition.

I like the MP3s, haven't listened to the tape yet.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23475
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Rev Seven - The Unveiling original tape   Rev Seven - The Unveiling original tape I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 2:18 pm

Those versions were the best as Bill's voice was much better then. He should have remastered those rather than totally rerecorded them.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Rev Seven - The Unveiling original tape   Rev Seven - The Unveiling original tape I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 9:33 pm

I too think it would be cool if the Rev Seven tapes could be remastered and re-released, but Bill said that probably wouldn't be happening. They really feel like a whole different band: riffs have changed (including keys), vocals have changed, and the production is just '80s-'90s rawness.

Although the newer versions are quite more listenable in some respects, I'm coming to like the tapes a bit more than the CDs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rev Seven - The Unveiling original tape   Rev Seven - The Unveiling original tape I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rev Seven - The Unveiling original tape
Page 1 of 1