Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+16
messiaen77
Samson
ishmael81
Hardkore
Guilty/Forgiven
BearDad
Redeemed Fool
alldatndensum
metaldude
kerrick
Xid
xenonlion
Driven
Staybrite
Through The Dark Radio
rockerVu2
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Random Ramblings - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 11:15 pm

That would be the worst.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 5:30 am

Last year I didn't have enough tax withdrawn from my paychecks, so I owed the IRS money. By April 15 I only had about 40% of what I owed, so I paid that and requested an installment plan to pay the rest, something you can do once every five years. The IRS agreed and sent a letter stating, "We'll deduct your payment ... on the 10th of each month. Because we haven't finished processing your tax returns, your payments won't begin until eight weeks after we finish processing your returns. At that time, we'll send you a notice showing the amount of tax, penalty, and interest due." This letter arrived approximately two weeks ago.

So, my first payment is due in about six weeks, right? July 10? Wrong! This morning my bank advised me my account was overdrawn because the IRS took their first payment this month!

One more reason to abolish the IRS .... they can't do math!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 7:15 am

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Gotta do another allergy skin test . . . joy  Very Happy

Is this a scratch type test or under the skin injections?  I have had both.

I have taken shots for 20 of the last 25 years.  I got tired of taking them and just stopped at one time for 5 years.  I am literally allergic to everything regional that they test for.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 12:18 pm

BearDad wrote:
Last year I didn't have enough tax withdrawn from my paychecks, so I owed the IRS money. By April 15 I only had about 40% of what I owed, so I paid that and requested an installment plan to pay the rest, something you can do once every five years. The IRS agreed and sent a letter stating, "We'll deduct your payment ... on the 10th of each month. Because we haven't finished processing your tax returns, your payments won't begin until eight weeks after we finish processing your returns. At that time, we'll send you a notice showing the amount of tax, penalty, and interest due." This letter arrived approximately two weeks ago.

So, my first payment is due in about six weeks, right? July 10? Wrong! This morning my bank advised me my account was overdrawn because the IRS took their first payment this month!

One more reason to abolish the IRS .... they can't do math!

Don't get me started on the IRS.  Last year we had four children living with us (our two sons, adult daughter, and grandson).  I filed as "Married with 1 exemption", my wife file as "Married with no exemptions".  We were allowed two exemptions (one for each son, as my daughter was too old).  Between the government gouging us and Obamacare demanding back all of the money they had let us use over the year as a credit for our health insurance premiums we were set to owe Uncle Sam over two thousand of dollars.  Very ticked about that.  Fortunately we were able to claim our grandson as our depended and only got stuck giving the IRS around $500.  The worst part was that Obamacare insisted we were still eligible for a $100 monthly credit on our health insurance premiums...just so they could demand it all back when we filed our taxes again next year...It is unbelievable how stupid our government can be.  My wife and I had to change our withholding rate to have them take out an extra $100 a month (each) just to help insure we don't owe again next time.

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 1:02 pm

Death to the IRS !!!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 2:43 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

I have taken shots for 20 of the last 25 years.  I got tired of taking them and just stopped at one time for 5 years.  I am literally allergic to everything regional that they test for.

Scratch test, I believe.  It's either that or do a blood test, which some docs prefer.
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 8:51 pm

I think it's so cool when they take the blood out of you. It's so crazy to see blood leave the body. I'm thinking "Whoa... That's MY blood." I dunno. I think it's cool. Then my arm feels weird for a little. I can handle it, though. I'm pretty tolerant I guess....
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 10:52 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

Scratch test, I believe.  It's either that or do a blood test, which some docs prefer.

The blood tests supposedly are the least accurate.  The scratch test on your back is a good test.  However, they had a lot of trouble with mine when I had that test as some of the welts that popped up with so big they couldn't tell which one I was reacting to!  The under the skin testing has been the most conclusive for me.  It takes a couple of hours to perform, but you know by the end of the test what you are and are not allergic to.  As I said, I am allerigic to everything they routinely test for locally.

The only time I have not had allergy symptoms was the time we went to Vegas.  I guess that the dry desert air just didn't have anything in it.  I was clear the whole time we were there.  My wife clogged up the minute she stepped off the plane and was miserable the whole time with allergy problems.  I was ready to move there, and she never wants to go back.  lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 11:10 am

I'm with your wife.  To me, Vegas is a terrible place to live or work.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 11:50 am

I'm with your wife.  To me, Vegas is a terrible place to live or work.

I concur.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 3:58 pm

As far as a lot of the "entertainment" there is concerned, I don't care to ever go back.  My wanting to move there was because of my lack of allergy issues while there.

Besides, Star Trek: The Experience is long gone from Vegas.  Why bother going back?  lol!

Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 9:09 pm

I've never been to Vegas before. I probably wouldn't work there either.

I wonder why we have 10 toes and 10 fingers. I'm not complaining. I'm just wondering why 10...
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 9:29 pm

Because 11 is unbalanced and 12 wouldn't fit.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 10:09 pm

Quote :
I wonder why we have 10 toes and 10 fingers. I'm not complaining. I'm just wondering why 10...

So if we are poor students, we can count to 20.  If were male, could go to 21.  lol!

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 4:56 am

So I am walking the streets of Vegas at night with my wife and kids last summer. I keep hearing a loud "pop" so I look around and about every 25 feet or so is a guy with these cards in his hand and they slap the cards together to make that noise. I wondered what they were doing and why they were doing it. They would hand these cards to every man except me (I was carrying my daughter because she was getting tired and she was about to turn 5 yrs old and her being that age she wanted daddy to pick her up). Then I thought I must be missing out on a good deal! Why would they be giving these to everyone but me! I continued to walk and saw these guys everywhere. I asked my wife about it and she had no idea but we kept walking. Finally someone about 10 feet in front of me got a card and tossed it on the ground. "JACKPOT!!" I thought!! I've hit the big one!! So I look down at the card, not picking it up (I don't know if they are paper or plastic, prob plastic because of the sound they make). Anyway, I see a phone number on the card and i wonder if this is the number to call to get my free Vegas buffet. Nope!! Also on the card is... shall we say a scantily dressed woman (if you could even call it that!). I told my wife "no, we don't want any of that at all!". And I told her what it was. So should I consider the guys peddling this stuff respectful because they didn't offer one to a guy with kids? I took note and from that point forward I watched and they would not give them to anyone with children. So the bottom line is if you go to Vegas and don't want to be bothered by these guys grab a kid!

Here is one in action (and it is safe for viewing, this guy isn't even good at it, his pop isn't near as loud as the others I heard).

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 7:43 am

I remember that quite well.  Those guys were everywhere trying to give you those cards.  If you didn't look at them, then they would try to put them in any bags you were carrying if you had bought something.  Fortunately, we had already been forewarned about that part of Vegas, so we did a lot of stuff in the daytime.  We went to see the white tigers, the pirate ship battle, Star Trek:  The Experience, the volcano, etc.  We did have to see the dancing fountains at night.  It isn't as cool in the daytime.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 8:41 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I remember that quite well.  Those guys were everywhere trying to give you those cards.  If you didn't look at them, then they would try to put them in any bags you were carrying if you had bought something.  Fortunately, we had already been forewarned about that part of Vegas, so we did a lot of stuff in the daytime.  We went to see the white tigers, the pirate ship battle, Star Trek:  The Experience, the volcano, etc.  We did have to see the dancing fountains at night.  It isn't as cool in the daytime.

Did you go to Quarks and order some Blood Wine or Gagh?

Random Ramblings - Page 36 Latest?cb=20121211044959&path-prefix=en

I always wanted to see that place, it would have been cool!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 8:57 am

Actually, we DID go to Quarks.  I just got a boring ol' burger and a Coke in a refillable Borg commemorative cup that I finally threw away because it was just too big to store.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 3:17 pm

After a rough day we decided to take the dog with us for a nice walk in the woods.
We brought coffee with us.
It was so good to let all the things of today go.
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 3:29 pm

Xid wrote:
Because 11 is unbalanced and 12 wouldn't fit.
You can make it fit.  What a Face
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 4:29 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 4:31 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Quote :

So if we are poor students, we can count to 20.  If were male, could go to 21.  lol!

lol! Fight Stupid ROTFL

Oh my...
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 5:15 pm

kerrick wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Quote :

lol! Fight Stupid ROTFL

Oh my...
Learn anatomy?  Shocked Razz Rolling Eyes Suspect pale
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 6:33 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
After a rough day we decided to take the dog with us for a nice walk in the woods.
Thumbs Up

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 8:11 am

rockerVu2 wrote:

You let the dog go? Did he come back?  lol!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 36 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next