Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+16
messiaen77
Samson
ishmael81
Hardkore
Guilty/Forgiven
BearDad
Redeemed Fool
alldatndensum
metaldude
kerrick
Xid
xenonlion
Driven
Staybrite
Through The Dark Radio
rockerVu2
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Random Ramblings - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 2:38 pm

Struggling with that verse in my signature. Being prodded by certain people is making me more and more irritable by the day.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 2:54 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Driven wrote:
I want this!

http://digg.com/video/big-marble-run-machine-11-000-marbles

Wow that would be so noisy I would have a perpetual headache.   It does look like fun though, you should build one.

Where are the marble's rights activists?  The outrage!  Those poor marbles are being forced to perform like little circus ponies.  I did not see proper bedding and they did not even get a break!  We should be crying out for marbles since they cannot cry for themselves.  Marbles are people, too!

lol!

PETM? (people for the ethical treatment of marbles)

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 6:40 am

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Driven wrote:
I want this!

http://digg.com/video/big-marble-run-machine-11-000-marbles

Wow that would be so noisy I would have a perpetual headache.   It does look like fun though, you should build one.

Where are the marble's rights activists?  The outrage!  Those poor marbles are being forced to perform like little circus ponies.  I did not see proper bedding and they did not even get a break!  We should be crying out for marbles since they cannot cry for themselves.  Marbles are people, too!

lol!

PETM? (people for the ethical treatment of marbles)

We HAVE to be more sensitive to the needs of marbles.  Look at the injustice!  Imagine how bad they  feel when we refer to someone who is crazy as having "lost their marbles".  That's hurtful.  lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 5:49 pm

What if you don't have any marbles to lose? Razz

Last edited by xenonlion on Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 7:09 pm

Then clearly you already lost them... or worse yet, never had any to begin with!  geek
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 8:37 pm

My weekend project that lasted three extra days

A stereo cabinet with room for all my vinyl, made from recycled Walmart furniture (with a couple of pieces from new wood)

Random Ramblings - Page 35 2015-06-01%2021.25.25

Random Ramblings - Page 35 2015-06-03%2020.26.59

This is what it is replacing, stereo cabinet 1.0, also made from recycled Walmart furniture

Random Ramblings - Page 35 2015-06-01%2021.30.38

Now I just need to expand my CD shelves (on the wall); as you can see, it is full. And I need to build something to hold my cassettes.

Last edited by BearDad on Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 9:13 pm

Beautiful work !! 
I keep changing mine. Every time my collection would overflow my previously "generous" containers, I would make something bigger.  Now I'm at the point where I realize I have too much and am up to the letter "K" in weeding out the albums I know I'll never listen to. My shelves are now starting to look a little more relaxed... and there's room for new albums  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 10:23 pm

This is what my media room currently looks like... I'm overflowing with Vinyl (as you can see by the crates on top) -but my CDs are getting an overhaul. All the ones I know I won't listen to are on their way out.

Random Ramblings - Page 35 Room_610
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 5:03 am

That's a pretty sweet set up, I like it. Keep in mind though that Walmart furniture made from particle board may start to sag after a year or two. I have one of those bookcases with CD's in it and it is starting to sag. 

Last summer I built 2 vinyl cases out of old pallets that I took from work. I prob need to make another 

I put a hardwood bottom on it and it also made it more sturdy.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 5:54 am

MikeInFla wrote:
Keep in mind though that Walmart furniture made from particle board may start to sag after a year or two.

Yea, I thought of that. That's why I only used pieces that are 5/8" thick. In my experience most throw-away furniture is only 1/2", but whatever this piece was (it's been in pieces in my garage so long I don't remember!) it must have been pretty sturdy in its day. And fortunately the extra new 4 x 8 piece I had in the garage was also 5/8" thick.

I also designed my cabinet with relatively narrow sections on the bottom to reduce the possibility of sagging. Note the vertical support midway under section A, creating two smaller sections below (B and C), each of which are only 14" wide. In fact, as the entire cabinet is 14-5/8" deep, B and C are practically cube shaped; with their tops being as deep as they are wide, and 5/8" thick, I don't expect them to sag from the weight of the records in section A. Sections D and E are a little wider at 17.5" but even though there's an additional 3.5" for the shelf between D and E, at 5/8" thick I will be surprised if there is any noticeable sagging.  I thought about making B, C, and E the same width, but I knew that the left side of the upper section needed support underneath it or it might cause problems for the section below it.

Random Ramblings - Page 35 2015-06-01%2021.25.25.2

I put a lot of careful planning into this thing. Smile  Even the screws holding it all together are 1/25" long and turned into pre-drilled 1/16" holes to avoid splitting and reduce the stresses from additional compression.

Last edited by BearDad on Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:06 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 5:54 am

xenonlion wrote:

Go to your room, young lady!  There will be no dessert for you tonight!  You're grounded!!!  lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 9:04 am

That looks good BearDad.

It's an always returning problem "how to store my CDs".
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 11:29 am

alldatndensum wrote:
xenonlion wrote:

Go to your room, young lady!  There will be no dessert for you tonight!  You're grounded!!!  lol!

Fine with me.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 7:11 pm

I do enjoy the back roads of Québec, notwithstanding legendarily bad pavement. Smile
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 2:46 pm

xenonlion wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
xenonlion wrote:

Fine with me.

Don't take that attitude with me.  I'll take away your phone and cut off the internet!  lol!

Methinks that if I had kids, they would hate me for things like that because I am stubborn enough to follow through.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 3:09 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
xenonlion wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
xenonlion wrote:

Fine with me.

Don't take that attitude with me.  I'll take away your phone and cut off the internet!  lol!

Methinks that if I had kids, they would hate me for things like that because I am stubborn enough to follow through.

Turning the internet off is a tool I use to keep my boys in line quite often.  A day or two with not internet does wonders for their attitude.

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 7:27 pm

Bahamian Spongebob has changed my life!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 2:54 pm

You wreck me baby, yes you do. Yeah you break me in two....

Sorry, listening to some Tom Petty "You Wreck Me" what a great tune Smile
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 9:58 pm

I worked on a couple of guitars this morning and then headed up to The Batcave (aka studio) to work on a song.  I'm trying to nail the drum parts but just am not quite up to snuff on drums.  I also am having great difficulty getting the guitar solo right.  I was able to finish the rhythm guitars, bass, and vocals.  I am going to see if the guys from the band Free From Fear still want to work on a blues project.  If they do, then I will let them do the drums and guitar solos.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 11:33 am

I don't even know why I bother with social media outside of here.   All it is good for is for people to misunderstand you and get angry at you for sharing an opinion.   How dare you disagree with someone these days!  I think that becoming a hermit is looking better and better.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 12:03 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I don't even know why I bother with social media outside of here.   All it is good for is for people to misunderstand you and get angry at you for sharing an opinion.   How dare you disagree with someone these days!  I think that becoming a hermit is looking better and better.

Not on anything myself other than a few of these forums. This and Steve Hoffman forums, which is great for vinyl lovers. No FB or twitter for me! No lunch pictures from me! No selfies! No nothing!

Last edited by MikeInFla on Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 12:36 pm

I don't understand the purpose of showing everyone what you are eating and the endless selfies.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 1:43 pm

Gotta do another allergy skin test . . . joy  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 3:34 pm

Random Ramblings - Page 35 Eed39aa79504cb56013f114980a3e0f36a9bc9e15bdadbf61048f7f4460d2e93

Random Ramblings - Page 35 Tumblr_may5qfhvw91ql2603o1_500
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 8:05 pm

Xid wrote:
I don't understand the purpose of showing everyone what you are eating and the endless selfies.

To me, it's worse when you're on a hiking trail with a group and everyone else is stopping every few seconds to take selfies/pictures. (True story)

Last edited by xenonlion on Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next