Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+16
messiaen77
Samson
ishmael81
Hardkore
Guilty/Forgiven
BearDad
Redeemed Fool
alldatndensum
metaldude
kerrick
Xid
xenonlion
Driven
Staybrite
Through The Dark Radio
rockerVu2
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Random Ramblings - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 10:41 am

My kinda place... Twisted Evil 
Random Ramblings - Page 34 DSCN0132-1024x768

Not my kinda place Evil or Very Mad ..
Random Ramblings - Page 34 Stile-country_2448177b
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 11:16 am

^I  have lived in a city my whole life. I am pretty much tired of the vast population expanse. Living in an area similar to that second pic is appealing to me now.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 11:29 am

I actually would like to live somewhere like the second picture that is within about 10 minutes of the first picture. There's an area in Illinois, just 10 minutes from downtown StL that is similiar. We've talked about moving there but the taxes are high, as is the cost of real estate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 11:36 am

Quote :
I actually would like to live somewhere like the second picture that is within about 10 minutes of the first picture. There's an area in Illinois, just 10 minutes from downtown StL that is similiar. We've talked about moving there but the taxes are high, as is the cost of real estate.
Well ishmael..you should consider Tulsa Oklahoma..you can live like the second picture very easily and work in the city..taxes are cheap, housing is cheap and the cost of living is about half of what it cost you now..and jobs (especially in your field) are plentiful here..there are help wanted signs and ads everywhere..Tulsa is a big city with lots to do..and hey, you would already have a friend there Smile
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 12:08 pm

One of my son's favorite sayings; "I didn't smack you, I high-fived your face"

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 1:36 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:
Quote :
Well ishmael..you should consider Tulsa Oklahoma..you can live like the second picture very easily and work in the city..taxes are cheap, housing is cheap and the cost of living is about half of what it cost you now..and jobs (especially in your field) are plentiful here..there are help wanted signs and ads everywhere..Tulsa is a big city with lots to do..and hey, you would already have a friend there Smile

Lol... not that I would be totally opposed to it, most all our famliy is here in Missouri and my wife would not be happy if we moved. Not to mention our parents would start a riot.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 3:24 pm

I am quite the opposite. I lived in Denver for 10 years and got so sick of living in a big city. I love the quiet life we have now here in Pierre, SD, and would love it even more if I could live out in the country on a homestead. I admit I sometimes miss certain things the big cities have, like more than three decent restaurants, flea markets with decent selections, etc. But these are all extras in life, things I can live without.

One of my biggest disappointments was when my grandfather sold his farm, as I had dreams of living out there and telecommuting to work.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 3:50 am

ishmael81 wrote:

I live in a small town of around 5000 people.  You drive for just a couple of miles out of town and it will look like that second picture.  We are around 40 minutes from downtown Nashville.  It seems like a long drive.  However, the closer you get, the less rural it becomes as the suburbs keep moving further and further out.  Most major cities don't have farmland that close (5 minutes) from where the skyscrapers are as people start moving out to get away from some of the hustle & bustle, the crime, the taxes, or all three.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 7:50 am

Needed to run some errands in my bicycle and guess what.
It started to rain, no not a little bit but it was pouring.
Every timewent to an other store it was raining very hard.
Needed dry cloths when I came home.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 11:09 am

I spent a week and a half in a Native community of about 700 people. If spending that much time learning from Natives doesn't change the way you see things, nothing will.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 6:03 am

Wrecked my truck! Sad  I was at the recycling center dumping off my grass clippings, and I was a bit careless while going around the end of one of the big metal bins. Careless, that is, until I heard the corner of the bin make contact with the right side of my truck. Thousands of $$$ worth of damage I am sure, with nobody to blame but my self. And I can't remember what my deductible is, but I'm sure it's at least $500 for this kind of damage. 

Sadly, I must confess that the first word out of my mouth when it happened was not one I want others to hear me say. This actually distressed me more than the damage to the vehicle!

Last edited by BearDad on Sun May 31, 2015 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 1:28 pm

BearDad wrote:
Sadly, I must confess that the first word out of my mouth when it happened was not one I want others to hear me say. This actually distressed me more than the damage to the vehicle!

In a way, that's probably a good thing that you put more importance on the tongue than on material things. You have your priorities right. Too bad for the truck, is it a deep scratch?
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 2:14 pm

Driven wrote:
In a way, that's probably a good thing that you put more importance on the tongue than on material things. You have your priorities right. Too bad for the truck, is it a deep scratch?

I'm old enough to know that it is much harder, and sometimes much more costly, to replace a reputation than it is material things. As for the damage, it is more than a scratch, I'm afraid. At least three pieces need to be replaced: the rear fender, the rear passenger door (it's a king cab), and either a portion of the cab or the entire cab ... however they do that. Definitely well over the deductible.

Random Ramblings - Page 34 2015-05-31%2014.03.29
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 2:48 pm

Ouch!  That totally sucks!  Is the bin ok? Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 3:42 pm

Xid wrote:
Ouch!  That totally sucks!  Is the bin ok? Shocked

Yeah. The rear fender part that is damaged is fiberglass (flare side), so it's not the entire fender like it would be for a car. And the door still seems to close fine as well. Depending on the deductible I might not fix it, but then its value will be greatly diminished. Like my wife said, I might just have to drive it until it quits. Which is fine; it's a good truck.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 3:56 pm

I meant the "big metal bin" lol

I laid my '93 Ford Ranger on it's side in '99. Just quit driving it last year.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 4:10 pm

Ouch, bummer damage.

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 8:59 pm

Xid wrote:
I meant the "big metal bin" lol

I laid my '93 Ford Ranger on it's side in '99. Just quit driving it last year.

LOL! I thought you meant the bed. Of course the bin is okay; those things could probably drop 20 stories and not be damaged.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 9:43 pm

True dat!
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 10:21 am

I want this!

http://digg.com/video/big-marble-run-machine-11-000-marbles
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 11:17 am

Driven wrote:
I want this!

Wow that would be so noisy I would have a perpetual headache.   It does look like fun though, you should build one.

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 11:25 am

Anyone remember Marbleworks?

Random Ramblings - Page 34 Marbleworks
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 8:20 pm

^Yes, but I played with these:

Random Ramblings - Page 34 495311621_174

Random Ramblings - Page 34 Prod6313_dt
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 11:01 pm

XL, I used to LOVE those toys!  We had those in preschool and I'd play with them for hours!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 8:07 am

Staybrite wrote:
Driven wrote:
I want this!

Wow that would be so noisy I would have a perpetual headache.   It does look like fun though, you should build one.

Where are the marble's rights activists?  The outrage!  Those poor marbles are being forced to perform like little circus ponies.  I did not see proper bedding and they did not even get a break!  We should be crying out for marbles since they cannot cry for themselves.  Marbles are people, too!

lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 34 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next