Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Women in Metal

Go down 
+7
Driven
Staybrite
kerrick
Hardkore
Through The Dark Radio
bassdude
BearDad
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Women in Metal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Women in Metal   Women in Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 4:24 pm

I just went and watched that part again. It is the new vocalist. Lacey left in 2012 and that song, Set Me On Fire, was released in 2014. Stupid
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Women in Metal   Women in Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 6:33 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
A couple observations:

I didn't recognize Lacey in that first Flyleaf video with her hair cut and no eye makeup.

I noticed that too, I think it might have been a newer picture of the band with the singer that actually replaced Lacey (kind of funny if that is the case).

I also think the reason we didn't see Ann Wilson (who is the greatest IMHO), Joan Jett, Pat Benatar etc.  Is because the list was for "women of metal".  I don't think any of the bands those women front would be considered metal.

Actually, they said hard rock and metal.

That they did, and to me that pretty much excludes Pat and the Wilson sisters. I've had a couple of Heart tapes in the past, and I have Pat's Greatest Hits CD, and I don't think I would classify them as "hard rock." No matter ... as we keep hearing from various sources we shouldn't be labeling the music anyway, lest we start "pigeon-holing" these people into a position they have to arguer their way out of.  Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Women in Metal   Women in Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 7:44 am

Women in Metal - Page 2 535627 Yep, there we go.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Women in Metal   Women in Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 8:49 am

BearDad wrote:
Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
A couple observations:

I didn't recognize Lacey in that first Flyleaf video with her hair cut and no eye makeup.

I noticed that too, I think it might have been a newer picture of the band with the singer that actually replaced Lacey (kind of funny if that is the case).

I also think the reason we didn't see Ann Wilson (who is the greatest IMHO), Joan Jett, Pat Benatar etc.  Is because the list was for "women of metal".  I don't think any of the bands those women front would be considered metal.

Actually, they said hard rock and metal.

That they did, and to me that pretty much excludes Pat and the Wilson sisters. I've had a couple of Heart tapes in the past, and I have Pat's Greatest Hits CD, and I don't think I would classify them as "hard rock." No matter ... as we keep hearing from various sources we shouldn't be labeling the music anyway, lest we start "pigeon-holing" these people into a position they have to arguer their way out of.  Evil or Very Mad

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but your little passive aggressive comments in other threads about the Stryper/Christian band thread is really dragging me down. It seems like since my opinion is different than yours and some others it's automatically stupid.

Please just stop. I've thought about leaving this board like I did CMR but to be honest, I don't want to. Just let it go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Women in Metal   Women in Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 10:21 am

Quote :
That they did, and to me that pretty much excludes Pat and the Wilson sisters. I've had a couple of Heart tapes in the past, and I have Pat's Greatest Hits CD, and I don't think I would classify them as "hard rock."

back in the 70s and 80s heart and Pat were both considered hard rock bands and I still consider them that...but hey, I am a Late middle aged guy from the old school... Twisted Evil 

Quote :
as we keep hearing from various sources we shouldn't be labeling the music anyway, lest we start "pigeon-holing" these people into a position they have to arguer their way out of.
Hard rock, heavy metal, thrash, glam, etc. are all true genre's of music ....its just "christian" metal that is not a genre but a retail gimmick beardad...hope that helps Laughing

Quote :
It seems like since my opinion is different than yours and some others it's automatically stupid.
Dont sweat it Ish..I have been here before...not Christian enough opinion for our Christian friends and not secular enough for our secular friends....
ROTFL
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Women in Metal   Women in Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 11:16 am

^^  Women in Metal - Page 2 C:\Users\itpr17254\Dropbox\Public\MiscWomen in Metal - Page 2 Hatsoff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Women in Metal   Women in Metal - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Women in Metal
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2