Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bloodgood

Go down 
+11
kerrick
rockerVu2
oteis
Staybrite
bassdude
Fundy
Xid
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
BearDad
rich71
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Bloodgood - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 12:09 pm

Back in the 70's an AOR station was "Album Oriented Rock". Take it from me... I, at one time, was a pro-fesh-in-ul DJ in the radio business. An "Album Oriented Rock" station would be more likely to play deep cuts instead of the normal "hits". Example: Instead of hearing "Sweet Emotion" by Aerosmith you might be more likely to hear "Toys In The Attic" or "In The Evening" instead of "All Of My Love" by Zeppelin. Basically AOR played the "album tracks". And these days AOR is dead... Anything referred to AOR in this day and age is indeed "Adult Oriented Rock" stations which play classic hits that classic rock doesn't play: Elton John "Crocidile Rock", Billy Joel "Piano Man", and James Taylor or Jim Croce, etc.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Bloodgood - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 1:47 pm

BearDad wrote:
Never argue with the gospel according to Wiki!  Smile

Funny, after I made my post I did an internet search and came up with the same thing.  I guess I was wrong!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Bloodgood - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 2:23 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Back in the 70's an AOR station was "Album Oriented Rock". Take it from me... I, at one time, was a pro-fesh-in-ul DJ in the radio business. An "Album Oriented Rock" station would be more likely to play deep cuts instead of the normal "hits". Example: Instead of hearing "Sweet Emotion" by Aerosmith you might be more likely to hear "Toys In The Attic" or "In The Evening" instead of "All Of My Love" by Zeppelin. Basically AOR played the "album tracks". And these days AOR is dead... Anything referred to AOR in this day and age is indeed "Adult Oriented Rock" stations which play classic hits that classic rock doesn't play: Elton John "Crocidile Rock", Billy Joel "Piano Man", and James Taylor or Jim Croce, etc.

This!  Also historically AOR tended to mean bands who's music seem to play out better an entire album at a time and not just "singles" for radio play.

The term seems to have evolved over the years to mean something more like melodic vocals sung over "hard rock" (or guitar driven rock) but certainly not metal (think Journey instead of Skid Row, or Angelica instead of Sacred Warrior).

MikeInFla

Bloodgood - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 2:52 pm

BearDad wrote:
Google?

What a Face

why learn Google when all you have to do is click here?
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Bloodgood - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 2:59 pm

I have checked my Gospel encyclopedia, that told me it's adult.
Like my mom always told me: "but as long as the animal has a name".
And I never wil argue about things !!!

That's why I left CMR.
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

Bloodgood - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 3:05 pm

For me, Dangerously Close was their best since Detonation. From the albums in between, a couple of songs that stand out are Seven and Top of the Mountain.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Bloodgood - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 3:13 pm

AOR = Awesome Oragutan Rock

You just have to experience it to understand.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Bloodgood - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 3:47 pm

kerrick wrote:
I guess I was wrong!

Bloodgood - Page 2 Fainting
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Bloodgood - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 3:59 pm

AOR = Armpit Oriented Rock
Back to top Go down
rich71

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Bloodgood - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 1:42 am

When Alldat said to just google it, I thought at first hey this is a family orientated website. I had no idea what AOR meant. At first I thought it may have stood for Arena Rock of some sort. Thanks to everyone who took the time to explain it for me.
Back to top Go down

Bloodgood - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 6:02 pm

AOR...Album oriented rock aka classic rock..aka arena rock..aka the good stuff Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Bloodgood - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 5:32 am

The AOR format was replaced with Classic Rock. I doubt there are any true AOR stations left. There is a cool app from WCSX radio in Detroit. They have two channels for listening. One is their Classic Rock station (it is the first Classic Rock station ever to use the "Classic Rock" moniker). The second station was WCSX HD2 - Deep Cuts. It was awesome, playing nothing but album tracks. Unfortunately, they changed formats on HD2 to Oldies. It is still an excellent playlist because I like "good time oldies" too but I miss listening to the Deep Cuts. I used to hook my iPod up to speakers here at work and we would listen to WCSX and if someone came into our Lab and heard a weather forcast of "a high of 19 with a 90% chance of snow" people would freak out haha. 

But as for actual AOR stations, I think all of them are gone.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Bloodgood - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 6:36 am

Quote :

When Alldat said to just google it, I thought at first hey this is a family orientated website.

I meant nothing bad by my statement.  I just know that you ask a lot of questions that could easily be Googled.  The tools are there for everyone to use.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Bloodgood - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 12:11 am

"Dangerously Close" is by FAR my favorite Bloodgood album.  I grew up without them (their "look" turned me off - says a diehard Stryper fan) but I got into their old stuff about 8 years ago.

The new album, however, blew me away!  Especially:
"Lamb of God"
"Child On Earth"
"I Will"
"In the Trenches"

FtR, I always thought it was "Arena-Oriented Rock".  Now I know!
I don't "google" (I use Ixquick) and I abhor wickedpedophilia (see what I did there?)
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Bloodgood - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 6:20 am

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Rich, you have GOT to learn to Google something, bro.

Beardad wrote:
Google?

What a Face

GOT?     scratch

If you roll frum the rowdy south, you have GOT to git ust to hearin' thangs prunounct differnt.

lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Bloodgood - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 8:53 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Rich, you have GOT to learn to Google something, bro.

Beardad wrote:
Google?

What a Face

GOT?     scratch

If you roll frum the rowdy south, you have GOT to git ust to hearin' thangs prunounct differnt.

lol!
I lived in North Carolina for 2-1/2 years.  Learned a whole new way of talking down there.  When I moved back to the Pacific northwest several people commented that my wife  and I talked with an accent for quite a while.

Admin
alldatndensum

Bloodgood - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 2:13 pm

Anyone see the new Carlson/Cromwell album that has just released from Retroactive?   It is supposed to  be 70s rock.  I ordered it.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Bloodgood - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 2:31 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Anyone see the new Carlson/Cromwell album that has just released from Retroactive?   It is supposed to  be 70s rock.  I ordered it.

I saw it on eBay and wondered what it sounded like. Let us know, you can be the guinea pig
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Bloodgood - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 2:58 pm

I saw Matt Hunt's post on facebook (at the Retroactive Records group) and did a quick interweb search....couldn't find anything about the project at all (other then that ebay posting for the album).  I am optimistic about it but refuse to buy anything anymore without hearing at least a few tracks from it.  Let us know what you think.

MikeInFla

Bloodgood - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 5:27 am

Staybrite wrote:
I saw Matt Hunt's post on facebook (at the Retroactive Records group) and did a quick interweb search....couldn't find anything about the project at all (other then that ebay posting for the album).  I am optimistic about it but refuse to buy anything anymore without hearing at least a few tracks from it.  Let us know what you think.

Yeah, when they say it sounds like 70's Rock they might mean KC & The Sunshine Band.  lol!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Bloodgood - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 6:34 am

I just don't think so.  They said more like Rod Stewart, Billy Joel, Steve Perry, and The Eagles.  I don't expect it to be as heavy as Bloodgood, but it could still be awesome.  I am going to give it a shot.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Bloodgood - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 9:45 am

May the Farce be with you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Bloodgood - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 11:04 am

MikeInFla wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Yeah, when they say it sounds like 70's Rock they might mean KC & The Sunshine Band.  lol!

Dang, I hope not.   Shocked

MikeInFla

Bloodgood - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 11:27 am

Staybrite wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Dang, I hope not.   Shocked

Haha, probably not. If it's along the lines of Styx, Journey or Boston type classic rock I think I will enjoy it. I just don't want to pay for it without hearing anything.
Back to top Go down
rich71

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Bloodgood - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 8:12 pm

Do they have any songs about the fall in the garden then how all of mankind fell through adam then when Jesus comes through. one man mankind has the choice of eternal life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bloodgood - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bloodgood
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next