Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bloodgood

Go down 
+11
kerrick
rockerVu2
oteis
Staybrite
bassdude
Fundy
Xid
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
BearDad
rich71
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5332
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Bloodgood - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 4:30 am

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5332
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Bloodgood - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 4:31 am

Sounds good!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23475
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Bloodgood - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 6:01 am

rich71 wrote:
Do they have any songs about the fall in the garden then how all of mankind fell through adam then when Jesus comes through. one man mankind has the choice of eternal life.

First of all, that sentence needs a question mark!  lol!

Since we only have the one song on YouTube that Fundy posted, it is impossible to know what any of the songs are about.  I only ordered the CD like yesterday and won't have it until next week.  So, I can't speak about the overall quality or lyrical content.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rich71

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Bloodgood - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 10:48 am

What is Carlsen and Cromwell? Is it a musical project?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Bloodgood - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 12:48 pm

Um......did you hit the play button on Fundy's post?  That ought to answer that question.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Bloodgood - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 5:52 pm

I listened to the track and I have to say that I am less than thrilled with it.  Based on the description I wasn't expecting a metal album, but I was expecting something with a bit more kick to it.

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Bloodgood - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 5:17 am

rich71 wrote:
What is Carlsen and Cromwell? Is it a musical project?

Longtime friends, Les Carlsen (Bloodgood vocalist) and Don Cromwell (ex-Eddie Money/ex-Air Supply bassist) have finally teamed up to combine their extravagant talents to create the 70’s rock influenced, The Lucky Side! Tight rhythms, big hooks, crisp production, and the trademark Les Carlson vocals are reminiscent of the best of 70’s era Rod Stewart, Billy Joel, The Eagles, and Steve Perry! For fans of quality AOR and 70’s rock!

And like Staybright, it isn't what I was expecting. Prob not my thing but that OK, I didn't expect it to be.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Bloodgood - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 5:32 am

It is still gonna beat most of the crap they pass off on Christian radio.  lol!

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Bloodgood - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 11:08 am

alldatndensum wrote:
It is still gonna beat most of the crap they pass off on Christian radio.  lol!

Yeah, you got that right. I remember a time when I enjoyed WAY-FM but at that time it was brand new and wasn't a "chain radio" station, it was a single entity in Nashville that we could pick up in Cookeville.... Then it went nationwide and slowly became boring.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Bloodgood - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 6:29 am

It isn't just Christian radio that went boring to me.  Ever check out a mainstream pop station?  Same generic crap.  They only manage to get people to listen to that by making sure that the songs are mostly sexual in nature.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Bloodgood - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 6:04 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
It isn't just Christian radio that went boring to me.  Ever check out a mainstream pop station?  Same generic crap.  They only manage to get people to listen to that by making sure that the songs are mostly sexual in nature.

I agree, radio in general stinks.  Even the stations that play decent rock around here will only play the hits from the 60's 70's, 80's and 90's almost none of them play anything new from those same rock bands (Heart, AC/DC, Aerosmith etc.)

MikeInFla

Bloodgood - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 5:20 am

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

I agree, radio in general stinks.  Even the stations that play decent rock around here will only play the hits from the 60's 70's, 80's and 90's almost none of them play anything new from those same rock bands (Heart, AC/DC, Aerosmith etc.)

As a former Classic Rock programmer I can tell you that no matter where you are you are likely to hear the same 200 base songs on a Classic Rock station. They will throw in the occasional "wow" song but those are far and few between. You have 3 types of songs classic rock plays: Power, Secondary and Tertiary. Power songs play at the top of the hour, :15, :30 and :45. Ratings are based on 15 minute intervals. So your Power song would be something like "Walk This Way". Something everyone knows and 90% of your listening audience will enjoy and not tune out. A Secondary tune would be "In The Air Tonight" by Phil Collins. A Tertiary tune might be something like "In The City" by The Eagles. We've all heard these songs hundreds if not thousands of times. But as a programmer you have to think would the audience tune out for those 3 songs? If they are at work, probably not. Those are 3 strong classic songs that flow well together. Would I tune out? Youbetcha. I'm just burned out on ANY type of radio at all. If I work on Sunday I only listen to the radio from 8AM-noon because they play a classic Casey's Top 40 and I enjoy hearing the shows from the 80's. They are a nice break from the norm for those 4 hours a week.

Anyway, a typical classic rock station will play (starting at the top of the hour) Power (station sweeper) Secondary (announce of next song) Tertiary (station sweeper) Secondary, Power (station sweeper), Tertiary then back announce into commercials. In most cases the open with the station ID so it is the FIRST thing a listener hears as the song ends and it is the LAST thing the DJ says before going into commercials.... This is ALL done for ratings. Notice that no songs play back-to-back in this day and age without a station ID of some sort. I miss the days of a fade-out song into another song, seamless music. So your music sweep might end "WXYZ 100.3 FM, Anytown's Classic Rock Station with "Just The Same Way" by Journey from the Evolution album. Good afternoon I'm Mike and on tap next we've got more great classic rock lined up for ya from Zeppelin, ZZ Top and The Doobie Brothers. All on the way next on Classic Rock 100.3 WXYZ". Notice I "back sold" the Tertiary tune. Not a bad song by any means but it IS a track that the casual listener might not know from Journey but wouldn't necessarily tune out. Also, contrary to popular belief radio stations (at least well programmed ones) do NOT play the same songs at the same time every day. That's where programming software comes into play. Remember you are dealing with around 200 songs total, maybe 225-230 if you have a light rotation of "lost classics" (which for me might be 867-5309, something a classic rock fan hasn't heard in a while but it will have the "wow" factor and they will know it). So if I program "La Grange" to play at 9 AM on a Tuesday it is not going to play again that day and won't play again the next day until probably 7 pm. 

Anyway, sorry to get sidetracked from Bloodgood but that is how the basic format of classic rock works in any area. Throw in some things to spice it up like 2-For-Tues or "triple shots", it's all just a gimmick for ratings.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Bloodgood - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 2:53 pm

Nice insight Mike, and I can attest that I hear that very same format from nearly every radio station in our area.  Especially the classic rock stations.  Funny but there is this one station that claims the "play what we wanna play", but it doesn't have any live DJs and all they play is pop and rock radio hits from the 70's, 80's and 90's.  I was driving yesterday with my wife (the only time I listen to the radio) and on our way to the store that station was playing a song by 38 Special.  I changed stations on the way back home from the store (to avoid 5 minutes worth of commercials) and the station was playing the exact same 38 Special song....ugh.

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Bloodgood - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 4:32 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Nice insight Mike, and I can attest that I hear that very same format from nearly every radio station in our area.  Especially the classic rock stations.  Funny but there is this one station that claims the "play what we wanna play", but it doesn't have any live DJs and all they play is pop and rock radio hits from the 70's, 80's and 90's.  I was driving yesterday with my wife (the only time I listen to the radio) and on our way to the store that station was playing a song by 38 Special.  I changed stations on the way back home from the store (to avoid 5 minutes worth of commercials) and the station was playing the exact same 38 Special song....ugh.

Jack FM?
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Bloodgood - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 5:02 pm

I never listen to the radio....the constant repetition of the same old songs over and over bores me to tears.
My phone has the largest possible SD card that it will support, stuffed with as much music as I can fit on it, on shuffle all the time.
I never know what song or genre is going to be next and that's the way I like it.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Bloodgood - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 5:53 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Jack FM?

That's them, home of the DJ-omatic 3000.

https://vimeo.com/18516240

Admin
alldatndensum

Bloodgood - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 6:21 am

After hearing the Carlsen Cromwell project, I would advise it not getting it.  It is more akin to Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers than Bloodgood.  They lyrics are more of a secular nature, but there is nothing to suggest that Les has given up on his faith.  I think it was more of just working with a friend on an album and these are the songs Cromwell wrote.  The songs overall don't excite me musically or lyrically.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Bloodgood - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 7:10 am

That's a good advice.
I think you are right.
It was more a friends working together album.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Bloodgood - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 8:10 am

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Jack FM?

We have one here too (and it is with the group of stations I used to work at, but when I worked there is was a satellite fed Smooth Jazz station and when it was the Jazz format is was EXCELLENT!). And now they are Bob FM. "We play whatever!" then go into Take On Me by A-Ha or Jessie's girl followed by some crappy tune from Pablo Cruise or something. Most of the stuff is 80's, a bit of 70's and even some newer stuff (I heard Katy Perry "Wide Awake" on it)... They have NO DJ's and for them to "play anything" means they play anything that is in their 200 song rotation. 

If they went back to Smooth Jazz I would listen daily.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bloodgood - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodgood   Bloodgood - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bloodgood
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3