Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork

Go down 
+8
alldatndensum
messiaen77
deathisgain
Xid
BearDad
ishmael81
oteis
Staybrite
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 5:13 pm

Yeah, I also prefer his cover of "In The Battle" that was really cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 5:52 pm

I guess I am either very bland..or a total purist...or both...

I always keep the original cover artwork and I always keep the original song order.

geek
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 5:54 pm

^I'm the same way.  Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 6:02 pm

Then I'm in good company... Smile

(Yea, it is always good to suck up to an admin..even outside of his realm... Lol)
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23424
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 6:56 pm

NoOneIsHere wrote:

I always keep the original cover artwork and I always keep the original song order.

geek

I don't mess with the song order, but when I can't stand the cover art I am tempted to change it.  I have to confess I have only done that with two or three albums out of nearly 1000.

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 8:55 pm

I like the artwork.  It's hecka-cool.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 10:06 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Yeah, I also prefer his cover of "In The Battle" that was really cool.

Yes, and that one actually got used on the reissue.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 8:20 am

Staybrite wrote:
NoOneIsHere wrote:

geek

I don't mess with the song order, but when I can't stand the cover art I am tempted to change it.  I have to confess I have only done that with two or three albums out of nearly 1000.

I keep the song order.  I have changed artwork a couple of times (I had the artwork for both of these that are shown here) but my Zune software will change it back.  I don't know why.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 8:53 am

Because there is an option to automatically download / update covers in the program. Poweramp has it too.

I can turn it off in Poweramp, I am assuming you can turn it off in Zune too
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 8:21 am

I have looked and it is not there.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 8:35 am

Maybe you should switch programs then....

I don't like programs that won't allow me to control how they work. That's one of the big reasons I prefer Android over iPhone
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 1:03 pm

A new Stryper album is always cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 1:10 pm

Alldat...this is an older article...2009 to be exact..but it tells of a way to stop it. I am sure if you Googled it there is a newer way if this doesn't work.

Best Answer (Chosen by Voter)
Check your settings in settings -> collection

Make sure at the bottom of the screen these boxes are checked:

Automatically update album art and metadata

and

Only add missing information

Restart the software and you should be good. It'll take some time for it to get all the artwork so when you reopen the software just leave it open and let it work it's magic while you go do something else.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 2:57 pm

NoOneIsHere wrote:
Maybe you should switch programs then....

I don't like programs that won't allow me to control how they work. That's one of the big reasons I prefer Android over iPhone

As long as I continue to run my Zune MP3 player, the program is all I will have.  Zune was made to service the players.  Without taking the player and having someone override the programming, you cannot load it with anything else.  So, since all my music is already stored in that program, I just play my tunes with that.  Really--not being able to change cover art and it remain that way is a small price to pay.  If anyone ever uploads the Stryper album into a listing service with the alternative covers, the Zune software will then recognize it and allow you to have that one.  Until that happens, the Zune software will default to what it knows.

If you have an album that is listed but no artwork has ever been added, then you can add pictures and it will recognize it.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 7:28 am

The cover of "Fallen" is cool.
But the samples you can listen too on Amazon are vet gaaf.
Back to top Go down
deathisgain

deathisgain

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2014-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 3:18 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Ok, now I remember the one for "The Covering".  I just didn't download it for some reason.  But I don't think I ever saw the one for "Second Coming", very cool.  DiG is one talented dude.

I thought I remember him saying that one of the ladies (either The Covering or Murder By Pride) is actually Mrs. DiG.  Would be kind of neat to be used as the subject in somebodies art like that.

Thanks for the love guys. She was the one I used for MBP. Wink
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 3:25 pm

deathisgain wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Ok, now I remember the one for "The Covering".  I just didn't download it for some reason.  But I don't think I ever saw the one for "Second Coming", very cool.  DiG is one talented dude.

I thought I remember him saying that one of the ladies (either The Covering or Murder By Pride) is actually Mrs. DiG.  Would be kind of neat to be used as the subject in somebodies art like that.

Just curious, did you actually submit those ideas to Stryper? If so what was the response? And if you can, can you please post the images for Saint that you did? I can't seem to find those and remember they were pretty cool too.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 9:26 pm

deathisgain wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Thumbs Up  Cool

deathisgain

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 7:38 am

MikeInFla wrote:
deathisgain wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Just curious, did you actually submit those ideas to Stryper? If so what was the response? And if you can, can you please post the images for Saint that you did? I can't seem to find those and remember they were pretty cool too.

The ideas for MBP were submitted through an email that they had for the contest at the time. I don't remember getting any kind of response. I did get them to sign the version of my wife at the 25th? anniversary concert.

I haven't done any work for Saint.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 8:35 am

deathisgain wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:
deathisgain wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

The ideas for MBP were submitted through an email that they had for the contest at the time. I don't remember getting any kind of response. I did get them to sign the version of my wife at the 25th? anniversary concert.

Ok, maybe I am thinking of someone else. I remember seeing some mock-ups for "In The Battle" that were pretty cool and was thinking you had created those. But honestly, nothing beats this cover. It is so bad it is good!

Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork - Page 2 Saint-in-the-battle
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 8:39 am

MikeInFla wrote:
deathisgain wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:
deathisgain wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Ok, maybe I am thinking of someone else. I remember seeing some mock-ups for "In The Battle" that were pretty cool and was thinking you had created those. But honestly, nothing beats this cover. It is so bad it is good!

Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork - Page 2 Saint-in-the-battle

Looks like a cover the film company The Asylum would do if they produced albums  Smile
Back to top Go down
deathisgain

deathisgain

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 10:34 am

MikeInFla wrote:
deathisgain wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:
deathisgain wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

That was Rexorcist. I can't find them online. For some reason the label didn't like his ideas.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 3:46 pm

NoOneIsHere wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
The artwork is great, but how many times are they going to go to this angel motif.  

I don't know...how many albums is Iron Maiden gonna use Eddie on? 

How many albums did Boston use that spaceship on?

Dio used the exact same demon on Holy Diver and Last In Line covers

I could go on and on...

a lot of bands will reuse images or themes from previous covers....
it isn't rare.
I know, I think I was having a grumpy day and just felt like nitpicking.  That's what we do, right? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 3:56 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
NoOneIsHere wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
The artwork is great, but how many times are they going to go to this angel motif.  

I don't know...how many albums is Iron Maiden gonna use Eddie on? 

How many albums did Boston use that spaceship on?

Dio used the exact same demon on Holy Diver and Last In Line covers

I could go on and on...

a lot of bands will reuse images or themes from previous covers....
it isn't rare.
I know, I think I was having a grumpy day and just felt like nitpicking.  That's what we do, right? Very Happy

Every day is a frickn' grumpy day as far as I am concerned 

Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: