Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+13
messiaen77
ishmael81
rockerVu2
Guilty/Forgiven
Fundy
BearDad
Xid
MikeInFla
Staybrite
alldatndensum
xenonlion
Driven
Through The Dark Radio
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Random Ramblings - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2016 6:00 pm

Watched Alvin and the Chipmunks Road Chip twice last week.  Two things stuck with me.

1.  Apparently L.A. is so weird that no one thinks twice about having three chipmunks in hoodies start talking to you and then break into song.

2.  Brad Paisley is one lucky guy.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2016 6:27 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Watched Alvin and the Chipmunks Road Chip twice last week.  Two things stuck with me.

1.  Apparently L.A. is so weird that no one thinks twice about having three chipmunks in hoodies start talking to you and then break into song.

Twice?!
Was it some kind of torture or something?

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2016 6:01 am

Well, she ain't Linda Carter, but she's got Captain Kirk on her side! Smile

Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2016 6:06 am

Oh look, another King Kong movie. Let's tell this story again, shall we? Although, it does have Samuel L. Jackson, so maybe it'll be worth seeing.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2016 7:13 am

BearDad wrote:

This actually looks like it will be great.  Linda who?  I think I am more smitten with the new Wonder Woman who really comes off as a warrior!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2016 7:20 am

BearDad wrote:
Oh look, another King Kong movie. Let's tell this story again, shall we? Although, it does have Samuel L. Jackson, so maybe it'll be worth seeing.

That's got an all-star cast in it!  Samual L. Jackson, Tom Hiddleston, and John Goodman.  Just those three guys alone make me want to see this.  Goodman has awakened in the last few years and has tried to shed that "I'm just the dad on Rosanne".  I loved him in Evan Almighty, recently in 13 Cloverfield Lane, and I am betting I will in this.  I think I'd probably watch this.  It has got to be better than the remake that Peter Jackson did with Jack Black.  It was just the original script with better effects for the most part.  However, it plodded along.  This looks like it will have way more action.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2016 9:12 am

alldatndensum wrote:
BearDad wrote:

That's got an all-star cast in it!  Samual L. Jackson, Tom Hiddleston, and John Goodman.  Just those three guys alone make me want to see this.  Goodman has awakened in the last few years and has tried to shed that "I'm just the dad on Rosanne".  I loved him in Evan Almighty, recently in 13 Cloverfield Lane, and I am betting I will in this.  I think I'd probably watch this.  It has got to be better than the remake that Peter Jackson did with Jack Black.  It was just the original script with better effects for the most part.  However, it plodded along.  This looks like it will have way more action.

I agree. Goodman was terrific in 13 Cloverfield Lane. He definitely pulled off that "should I trust him or is he a total psycho" role.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2016 9:14 am

messiaen77 wrote:

I assume you mean because of Kimberly and not because he can play guitar like he can, and has played with BB King, James Burton, Buck Owens, Redd Volkaert...
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2016 11:16 am

alldatndensum wrote:
BearDad wrote:

This actually looks like it will be great.  Linda who?  I think I am more smitten with the new Wonder Woman who really comes off as a warrior!

Random Ramblings - Page 35 2ba

And actually, it's Lynda Carter.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2016 4:10 pm

A SMILING Stormtrooper calling me a traitor?  Stormtroopers shouldn't smile.  There is no reason to be happy when you are a slave to the Empire!!!!

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2016 4:22 pm

Actually, I think it's more of smirk than a true smile.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 7:44 am

Its a smile.  He was starring at the new Wonder Woman's legs.  lol!

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2563
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 12:17 pm

Yay,Niceboard has improved. When I first got my tablet all Icould do on here was read the threads. Now it looks and acts just like my desktop at home. I can now comment while I am away.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 12:30 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
BearDad wrote:

Actually as far as I know,this is a bit of a reboot/prequel to the original. It has been said this Kong will be much larger than before. . Mainly due to the fact they are planning a Godzilla vs. Kong movie after Godzilla 2.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Godzilla-King-Kong-They-Fight-What-We-Know-88317.html

Random Ramblings - Page 35 Godzilla-v-King-Kong

Last edited by Hardkore on Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 12:38 pm

I was about to post a few new trailers then I see 2 of them are in this thread. Here is the other one...

Last edited by Hardkore on Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 3:14 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:

I assume you mean because of Kimberly and not because he can play guitar like he can, and has played with BB King, James Burton, Buck Owens, Redd Volkaert...
You are correct, sir.  He is a a whale of a guitarist though.  And a good ol' West Virginia boy.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 3:19 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
A SMILING Stormtrooper calling me a traitor?  Stormtroopers shouldn't smile.  There is no reason to be happy when you are a slave to the Empire!!!!
Point of order:  this is a First Order Stormtrooper, not an Imperial one.  Perhaps being abducted from your family to serve Darth Emo is preferable to being hatched to serve Darth Vader.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 8:01 pm

I almost hate to go into Home Depot.  Their prices are way higher than Lowe's.  They don't have as good of a lumber section.  Most of the screws and bolt packages are not marked so you will not know what you are paying until you get to the register.  To top it off, they have almost too many people to help.  I actually had to tell the woman who came up to me to scan my items FOR me when I was in the SELF CHECKOUT lane to back off.  She was reaching AROUND me to get items out of my buggy rather than let me do it myself.  She freaked me out enough that I told her that I was highly uncomfortable with how close she was and that I would go to Lowe's in the future.  I like good customer service, but this was just highly weird.  She even offered to do my bank card for me.  I told her that I could do it and would have appreciated being left alone.  That's why I went to the self checkouts in the first place.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2016 12:41 am

I'm sure many of you know via Facebook how fun my life's been lately, but for those of you not in the know - get ready:
Seen my surgeon the other day, he reviewed my MRIs and my SPEC CT scans of both my neck and lower back. He concluded that both areas are in the red as far as being dangerously close to causing permanent nerve damage. They will be scheduling my neck surgery in early September, and my lower back surgery in late November. They must do surgery on every level of my neck, bottom to almost top (they don't bother with C1 and 2) cuz all levels are trashed, in such bad shape that the entire neck must be opened from behind, the vertebral thingies cut open and screws and brackets will be placed on each vertebra up and down my neck. So I'll have a new gnarly metallic neck.
Nice thing is, I'll be able to feel my hands again. As well as the pain I have up and down my arms will be gone. I'll be in a giant neck brace for 6 weeks though. Joy !

Then they'll bracket into place the 2 vertebrae that won't stay in place now. That will be done in November.

I could've started the surgeries sooner, except I thought it'd be a good idea to stub my pinky toe super hard and wound up breaking it in 3 places. So now I have to let that heal up before they can cut me open.

So there ya have it. Short and to the point. With all I've been suffering with all this, it's gonna be a blessing to have the surgeries and finally get some relief.

Me after all my surgeries:

Random Ramblings - Page 35 Termin10
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2016 8:32 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I almost hate to go into Home Depot.  Their prices are way higher than Lowe's.  They don't have as good of a lumber section.  Most of the screws and bolt packages are not marked so you will not know what you are paying until you get to the register.  To top it off, they have almost too many people to help.  I actually had to tell the woman who came up to me to scan my items FOR me when I was in the SELF CHECKOUT lane to back off.  She was reaching AROUND me to get items out of my buggy rather than let me do it myself.  She freaked me out enough that I told her that I was highly uncomfortable with how close she was and that I would go to Lowe's in the future.  I like good customer service, but this was just highly weird.  She even offered to do my bank card for me.  I told her that I could do it and would have appreciated being left alone.  That's why I went to the self checkouts in the first place.

Weird.

Here in St Louis, it's the other way around. Home Depot is cheaper, better quality, more lumber and the people aren't pushy. I've been in 4 different stores in the area and they've all be great.

I've had people get too close while I was shopping. Once at Wal-Mart I had a guy following me up and down the aisles and finally I said "You know what? I know how to grocery shop. Either ease up off me, or I'm dumping my basket and leaving." he held his hands up and walked away.

Then when I went into the next aisle, he was casually standing at the end, watching for me. I took my shopping basket (which had Gatorade, half a dozen eggs and a few other things) and turned it upside down, dumping everything out. I dropped the basket next to it, and walked out.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2016 9:07 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I'm sure many of you know via Facebook how fun my life's been lately, but for those of you not in the know - get ready:
Seen my surgeon the other day, he reviewed my MRIs and my SPEC CT scans of both my neck and lower back. He concluded that both areas are in the red as far as being dangerously close to causing permanent nerve damage. They will be scheduling my neck surgery in early September, and my lower back surgery in late November. They must do surgery on every level of my neck, bottom to almost top (they don't bother with C1 and 2) cuz all levels are trashed, in such bad shape that the entire neck must be opened from behind, the vertebral thingies cut open and screws and brackets will be placed on each vertebra up and down my neck. So I'll have a new gnarly metallic neck.
Nice thing is, I'll be able to feel my hands again. As well as the pain I have up and down my arms will be gone. I'll be in a giant neck brace for 6 weeks though. Joy !

Then they'll bracket into place the 2 vertebrae that won't stay in place now. That will be done in November.

I could've started the surgeries sooner, except I thought it'd be a good idea to stub my pinky toe super hard and wound up breaking it in 3 places. So now I have to let that heal up before they can cut me open.

So there ya have it. Short and to the point. With all I've been suffering with all this, it's gonna be a blessing to have the surgeries and finally get some relief.

Me after all my surgeries:

Random Ramblings - Page 35 Termin10

I'm very happy to hear that you are going to get some relief!  Keeping you in prayer!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2016 11:27 am

Quote :
I'm very happy to hear that you are going to get some relief!  Keeping you in prayer!

Me too ! Thanks for the prayers. Many would be nervous or scared about having these surgeries, but when the surgeon told me very "matter-of-fact" like "you WILL finally have relief from what you've been suffering with for so many years" - I literally teared up and just kept thanking him ! I cannot wait !!!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2016 11:59 am

I've been through two major surgeries in my adult life.  And while neither were fun nor easy, they have made life much better.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2016 4:41 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Quote :

Me too ! Thanks for the prayers. Many would be nervous or scared about having these surgeries, but when the surgeon told me very "matter-of-fact" like "you WILL finally have relief from what you've been suffering with for so many years" - I literally teared up and just kept thanking him ! I cannot wait !!!

I imagine that it would be a relief if we knew that kind of pain.  You are a lot stronger person than most, Jimbo.  I don't know many people who could keep taking it day after day, and a lot of that was with you still working a full time job!  You deserve the relief!

While you're down from the surguries, I'm gonna pay Lisa to rearrange all your CDs in weird orders just to give you something to do during recovery.  Well, that and I am too lazy to drive to California!

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2016 4:41 pm

Let the 2016-17 school year begin!  I had to report back today for my first full day.  The students all return on Monday Aug. 1.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 35 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next