Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ApologetiX and pleas for money

Go down 
+4
Samson
alldatndensum
ishmael81
Guilty/Forgiven
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

ApologetiX and pleas for money Empty
PostSubject: ApologetiX and pleas for money   ApologetiX and pleas for money I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 1:54 pm

As many of ya'all here know, I've been a huge fan of J and the boyz in ApologetiX for like 20 years.  For the first 15 or so years, it was a normal band/fan love, but in the last 5 years their pleas and begging for money have become nauseatingly annoying !!!

I personally believe that if being in a band is "God's will" then He will see a band through.  Via album sales and concerts and memorabilia a band should stand on their own feet.  I dislike when a band, or any organization for that matter, begs for money thru their websites, emails and Facebook.  If it were just an occasion here or there, I wouldn't be writing this. But I had to cancel my email newsletters about a year ago cuz of the CONSTANT badgering for money.  Now I'm getting ready to UnFollow them on FB for the same reason.

I am still a fan of the music, and love their talent and ministry, but if they cannot pay their bills, perhaps it's time to get another job, or just call it a day.  Realistically, bands that are NOT huge have a shelf life of 2 to 5 years.  Household name bands obviously last longer, but even then, some of them call it quits after a few years. ApologetiX have been together since 1992. That is definitely a great run for a relatively unknown band, but if they must beg for money EVERY SINGLE WEEK just to pay bills, and guilt their fans by saying "most of the band members haven't been paid in several months", then it is time to close up shop and move on.

That's my rant regarding one of my favorite bands... Many others have said the same thing to the band personally which is why I'm ranting here and not directly to J and the boyz.  

Now... what are YOUR thoughts on this ?
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX and pleas for money   ApologetiX and pleas for money I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 2:51 pm

I would say if you're begging for money, even to do ministry, that much... well, I hate to preach about it but ...

Proverbs 12:11 “Whoever works his land will have plenty of bread, but he who follows worthless pursuits lacks sense.”

1 Timothy 5:8  "But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever."

Ephesians 4:28 "Let the thief no longer steal, but rather let him labor, doing honest work with his own hands, so that he may have something to share with anyone in need."

So I won't pretend to know their hearts or where they stand with the Lord. But I would think if you're spending that much time asking for money, you aren't working. And like the verse in Ephesians says, they won't have much to share with someone in need because they can't handle what they're trying to do.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX and pleas for money   ApologetiX and pleas for money I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 8:57 am

Apologtetix does get on my nerves with the begging.  If they want this to be a ministry that needs people to give, they should restructure as a non-profit and work it that way.  I give to them regularly by buying their CDs.  That's all I intend to do. 

If the music can't support them, then they need to do like other musicians and suck it up and find day jobs.  There is no guarantee that if you work in the ministry that it will generate enough money to support your family.  I have to work a full time job away from my bi-vocational youth minister position.  Why then do they see that they have to be fully supported by the ministry?  Lots of pastors across this country work and pastor because the church can't or won't pay them a full time salary.

That's just my 2 cents worth.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX and pleas for money   ApologetiX and pleas for money I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 5:02 pm

The apostle Paul was a tentmaker.
Back to top Go down
Andreas89

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2016-03-24

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX and pleas for money   ApologetiX and pleas for money I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2016 6:09 am

Samson wrote:
The apostle Paul was a tentmaker.
My thoughts exactly Razz  It's not always the (local) body of Christ's fault if you don't make enough money, you can always work on the side when necessary.
Back to top Go down
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX and pleas for money   ApologetiX and pleas for money I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2016 9:20 am

Is there even more than a very nominal interest in this band anymore? Thought the novelty would've long since died off...
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX and pleas for money   ApologetiX and pleas for money I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2016 12:01 pm

Candlemass wrote:
Is there even more than a very nominal interest in this band anymore? Thought the novelty would've long since died off...

I still dig a new album of songs, like to hear how he writes the lyrics into an old song I love... but yeh, I agree, I think they're shelf life has long since expired. It was never discussed publicly, but I have a strong feeling that was the reason the long time guitarist and shredder Karl Messner left a few years back. I have a feeling that he was 1. tired of not getting paid, and 2. decided that ApologetiX had it's day in the sun.

I could be wrong on all that, so don't quote me. I have over 35 albums by them... yeh 35+ !!! I think that's quite enough. If a band can't ride into the sunset with that many titles to their name, then it's time to drop the mic.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX and pleas for money   ApologetiX and pleas for money I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2016 9:41 pm

I didn't know that they had 35 albums!  I probably have 15-18 by them, though.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX and pleas for money   ApologetiX and pleas for money I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2016 10:31 pm

You've got to be kidding, I didn't think they had more than ten! Shocked
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX and pleas for money   ApologetiX and pleas for money I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 6:26 am

With them having been around since the early 90s and releasing multiple albums a year, it doesn't take long to amass that many albums.

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5324
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX and pleas for money   ApologetiX and pleas for money I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 3:06 pm

Isn't this where we ask Guilty/Forgiven for a list... Very Happy

I've only got 3 I believe, and whilst I don't listen to them much I do like their stuff.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX and pleas for money   ApologetiX and pleas for money I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 5:12 pm

I got a new email asking for money today.  I will keep up with them on Facebook, but I am going to stop the emails. I

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX and pleas for money   ApologetiX and pleas for money I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 7:16 pm

They list 42 on their page, though there are many compilations (that may also include some new stuff).

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX and pleas for money   ApologetiX and pleas for money I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 7:44 pm

Then I have 31 of their albums.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX and pleas for money   ApologetiX and pleas for money I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 12:57 am

I actually have some bootlegs as well... here's my collection in Chronological order:

1. Apolo-Genesis CD-R (Super early recordings from their cassette-only releases in the 90s)
2. Rare, Not Well Done -volume 1 CD-R 
3. Rare, Not Well Done -volume 2 CD-R 
4. Isn't Wasn't Ain't
5. Radical History Tour
6. Live '95 (boot)
7. Ticked
8. Jesus Christ Morningstar
9. Biblical Graffiti
10. Spoofernatural
11. Keep the Change
12. Grace Period
13. New and Used Hits
14. Adam Up
15. Apol-AcoustiX
16. ApologetiX Hits - The Road
17. Wordplay
18. Chosen Ones
19. Future Tense
20. Recovery
21. The Boys Aren't Backin' Down
22. Soundproof
23. Wise Up and Rock
24. Orchard Avenue EP
25. 20:20 Vision LIVE
26. Hot Potato Soup
27. Churchigo II (digital only album- CD-R)
28. Transformed Soul (digital only album- CD-R)
29. Handheld Messiah
30. Singles Group
31. Loaded 45s
32. Apoplectic
33. Unconditional Releases
34. Easter Standard Time
35. Music Is As Music Does
36. Play Nice
37. You Can't Say Euphrates Without The 80s
38. The Classics -Heavy

and Chris has my 39th one in his possession  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX and pleas for money   ApologetiX and pleas for money I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 6:25 am

I have finally grabbed that Belica CD and will ship your disks this week.

Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX and pleas for money   ApologetiX and pleas for money I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 7:28 am

Wow... I thought I had a lot of cd's that were Michael Knott related projects...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ApologetiX and pleas for money   ApologetiX and pleas for money I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ApologetiX and pleas for money
Page 1 of 1