Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"Worship" music

Go down 
+5
Fundy
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
Samson
ishmael81
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

"Worship" music Empty
PostSubject: "Worship" music   "Worship" music I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 1:32 pm

So recently I've been more and more interested in worship music (even though I believe worship is really a way of life and praise music would be a better phrase, but I digress).

I've always enjoyed All Sons & Daughters but I realized last week they have put out material since 2012 (!) when I last bought something by them. I also am thankful to YouTube so I can listen to some Lauren Daigle and of course, I still listen to my five or six Planetshakers discs.

Anyone else like this kind of stuff? I particularly enjoy the stuff that has a rock edge but I do enjoy the more atmospheric, ethereal style as well.
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734

"Worship" music Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Worship" music   "Worship" music I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 3:32 pm

Most definitely!!

I've drifted away from the more rockin' stuff, but I still crank it up every now and then. The Ramp, Hillsong, Jesus Culture, Bethel, Elevation Worship, and Forerunner Music are some of my favorites to listen to, not to mention the solo stuff that a lot of these folks do.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

"Worship" music Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Worship" music   "Worship" music I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 5:04 pm

To be honest, I can't stomach most of it.  Generic riffs combined with overused expressions of faith and voices that mostly sound the same.  Musically, there is little there to draw me in.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

"Worship" music Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Worship" music   "Worship" music I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 7:50 am

To be honest I never came in praise and worship music.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

"Worship" music Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Worship" music   "Worship" music I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 11:36 am

alldatndensum wrote:
To be honest, I can't stomach most of it.  Generic riffs combined with overused expressions of faith and voices that mostly sound the same.  Musically, there is little there to draw me in.
Well sure, but all genres of music have the same issue. 

That's why I'm looking for the more creative stuff out there.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5324
Registration date : 2007-05-04

"Worship" music Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Worship" music   "Worship" music I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2017 3:01 am

I like the Newsboys as some of their stuff is praise and worship but it's done in a good way.
Some Praise and Worship songs are great, but too much of it tends to make my brain melt.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

"Worship" music Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Worship" music   "Worship" music I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2017 8:03 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

I would imagine you'd have to search for unsigned acts to find something really creative.  Most of what you hear on CCM radio, which is mostly worship stuff nowadays, is so carbon copy that it sounds like one really long song.  It bores me to tears.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

"Worship" music Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Worship" music   "Worship" music I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2017 11:37 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

I would imagine you'd have to search for unsigned acts to find something really creative.  Most of what you hear on CCM radio, which is mostly worship stuff nowadays, is so carbon copy that it sounds like one really long song.  It bores me to tears.
So basically you don't have any recommendations because what's out there you don't care for? I mean honestly most 80s metal sounds like one long song to me - should I complain about it on every thread regarding that style?

Sorry if I'm being snarky but I'm not looking for criticisms of the style or even what makes me happy - worship music is about Jesus and I'm looking for artists who glorify Him.
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

"Worship" music Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Worship" music   "Worship" music I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2017 3:26 am

Misty Edwards
Jake Hamilton
Nina Landis
Lindy Conant

start there.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

"Worship" music Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Worship" music   "Worship" music I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2017 3:50 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

So basically you don't have any recommendations because what's out there you don't care for? I mean honestly most 80s metal sounds like one long song to me - should I complain about it on every thread regarding that style?

Sorry if I'm being snarky but I'm not looking for criticisms of the style or even what makes me happy - worship music is about Jesus and I'm looking for artists who glorify Him.

Sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way.  It is just how I see the industry at this time.

As for rock based stuff, I'd suggest the Scandinavian Metal Praise albums.  I like the first two Kutless worship discs and both of the Seventh Day Slumber worship projects.  I love the new stuff by Crowder as well.  I used to listen to a lot of Paul Baloche, Hillsongs, etc. but just got to the point I didn't care for them.  Let me put together a list of what I have in that vein, and I will ship them to you for the cost of shipping if you'd like.  I'll send just the inserts and discs to make it cheaper even if that is acceptable.

Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

"Worship" music Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Worship" music   "Worship" music I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2017 6:38 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way.  It is just how I see the industry at this time.

As for rock based stuff, I'd suggest the Scandinavian Metal Praise albums.  I like the first two Kutless worship discs and both of the Seventh Day Slumber worship projects.  I love the new stuff by Crowder as well.  I used to listen to a lot of Paul Baloche, Hillsongs, etc. but just got to the point I didn't care for them.  Let me put together a list of what I have in that vein, and I will ship them to you for the cost of shipping if you'd like.  I'll send just the inserts and discs to make it cheaper even if that is acceptable.
I'll check out the Scandinavian Praise and the Kutless, thanks. I may be interested in the other stuff - let me know what you have. 

I wasn't trying to be rude - I just didn't want the thread to go down that road when I'm looking for recommendations.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

"Worship" music Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Worship" music   "Worship" music I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2017 9:27 pm

Samson wrote:
Misty Edwards
Jake Hamilton
Nina Landis
Lindy Conant

start there.
Just saw this. I'll say this: Misty Edwards is really good and Jake Hamilton gets a  Shocked Really lokecthe couple songs I heard.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

"Worship" music Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Worship" music   "Worship" music I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 4:56 am

All Sons and Daughters' "Great are you Lord" is a beautiful song. Along those lines, but more recent is "Oh God Forgive Us" King and Country. LOVE that song. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I think it's lovely.

Also, there's Matthew West, but he's more Christian pop so maybe not.
Phil Wickham (e.g. This is amazing grace)
Rend Collective is more folk based (e.g. Rescuer is their new one complete with cute Irish accents)
We are Messengers (also out of Ireland)
Shane and Shane (out of Texas I think)
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

"Worship" music Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Worship" music   "Worship" music I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 12:27 pm

I don't know if they fit into the category of P&W, but I like some of the stuff I have heard from Jenny & Tyler....especially this track.

Fundy

Number of posts : 5324
Registration date : 2007-05-04

"Worship" music Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Worship" music   "Worship" music I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 1:13 pm

I've posted this before, and it's slightly off topic, but on my website is a list of rock/metal bands doing hymns or church type songs.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614

"Worship" music Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Worship" music   "Worship" music I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 10:04 pm

If you like stuff that is not cookie cutter worship music, hunt down some Danny Chambers. The upbeat stuff is really nice and the slower stuff he does is very laid back and jazzy.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

"Worship" music Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Worship" music   "Worship" music I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 9:31 pm

Citizens & Saints are some of my favourites.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

"Worship" music Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Worship" music   "Worship" music I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 9:41 pm

I liked a lot of Lincoln Brewster's music.  However, the last two albums are more keyboard driven instead of his signature guitar work.  Meh--I'll pass.

Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

"Worship" music Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Worship" music   "Worship" music I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 10:52 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"Worship" music Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Worship" music   "Worship" music I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Worship" music
Page 1 of 1