Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+17
crucifyd
Samson
kerrick
Hardkore
Jen5
Oldiesmann
MikeInFla
ishmael81
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
Xid
alldatndensum
rockerVu2
messiaen77
Driven
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Random Ramblings - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 8:37 am

Had a good weekend back in Houston to visit family and friends.  Even found some vinyl while I was down there (imagine that  Very Happy ).
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 5:25 pm

It might be time to lock up the house, pop on some headphones to listen to Stryper with a book in one hand and a cup of tea in the other, Yvonne. Stay warm. Smile
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 5:44 pm

I can't read and listen to music at the same time.  I'll either tune the music out or listen to the music, read 10 pages and not know what I've read.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 6:31 pm

lol
It's called being a guy Xid.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 6:33 pm

jus kidding. Very Happy Very Happy

I know what you mean. If the music is too heavy or the book is hard going, I can't mix the two either.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 7:59 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 9:22 am

Man, this physical therapy stuff isn't easy.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 11:41 am

Due to our worship team using it for communication, I am back on Facebook.  I'm limiting my Friend List to those I actually communicate with.  I can't remember everyone's real name here on CHM so if you'd like to be my friend on FB, let me know!

That is all.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 12:32 pm

Xid wrote:
Due to our worship team using it for communication, I am back on Facebook.  I'm limiting my Friend List to those I actually communicate with.  I can't remember everyone's real name here on CHM so if you'd like to be my friend on FB, let me know!

That is all.

You already refriended me (I know you're old, so just reminding you).  Laughing

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 3:25 pm

Thanks for the reminder.

Who are you?
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 3:26 pm

We have an appointment with the broker to look at another house on Friday morning.
It's a very cool house with a big yard.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 3:28 pm

Very cool!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2018 6:48 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
We have an appointment with the broker to look at another house on Friday morning.
It's a very cool house with a big yard.

Hopefully you'll find the right house at a decent price.
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2018 9:19 am

Hope nobody minds if I go on a bit of a 'rant' in regards to the current NBA...

I started watching the NBA in the late eighties and followed it closely throughout the nineties and into the turn of the century period.  In the process got to see all the great players and teams, including Bird's Celtics, 'Showtime' Lakers (with Magic, Kareem & Worthy), 'Bad Boy' Pistons and Jordan's Bulls.  Of course, when living in Portland I closely followed those great Blazers teams with Clyde Drexler and Terry Porter and Buck Williams and Jerome Kersey and Kevin Duckworth and Cliff Robinson and Danny Ainge.

Past decade or so, however, I pretty much have tuned the league out in that the current state of the game leaves impression as undisciplined and poorly coached with a bunch of guys running and gunning and jacking up 3-point shots.  Nevertheless, over Memorial Day Weekend I decided to watch both game 7 Conference Finals games thinking this would be an opportunity to experience some good NBA basketball but could not be more disappointed.  Basically, both games degenerated into one dimensional 3-point 'brick-fests'.  I believe at one point the Houston Rockets missed around 27 straight three point shots.  If that is not working then why not try something else?

Take the two losing teams, Rockets and Celtics, and move them back 20 to 25 to 30 years in time and they would get literally carved up by the teams of the time, let alone make the post season.  Which leaves us an NBA finals consisting of a great Golden State Warriors team facing a Cleveland Cavaliers team that pretty much consists of of 'Lebron James & a bunch of stiffs'.  Will I be watching?  I doubt not...
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2018 9:39 am

Dynamis wrote:
Basically, both games degenerated into one dimensional 3-point 'brick-fests'.
Sounds like everybody is trying to prove they're better than Jordan.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 7:51 am

We have seen the house.
The garden is awesome. The house too.
Now we have to wait till God shows us it confirm His will to buy the house.
It is giving us the privacy we always wanted.

Not 4 neighbors on a row with supper time.
Not 8 ears who can hear every word you talk with family and friends when they visit you.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 8:50 am

Can't believe it's almost been a year since I moved to PA.
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 8:23 pm

Dynamis wrote:

I started watching the NBA in the late eighties and followed it closely throughout the nineties and into the turn of the century period.  In the process got to see all the great players and teams, including Bird's Celtics, 'Showtime' Lakers (with Magic, Kareem & Worthy), 'Bad Boy' Pistons and Jordan's Bulls.  Of course, when living in Portland I closely followed those great Blazers teams with Clyde Drexler and Terry Porter and Buck Williams and Jerome Kersey and Kevin Duckworth and Cliff Robinson and Danny Ainge.

Past decade or so, however, I pretty much have tuned the league out in that the current state of the game leaves impression as undisciplined and poorly coached with a bunch of guys running and gunning and jacking up 3-point shots.  Nevertheless, over Memorial Day Weekend I decided to watch both game 7 Conference Finals games thinking this would be an opportunity to experience some good NBA basketball but could not be more disappointed.  Basically, both games degenerated into one dimensional 3-point 'brick-fests'.  I believe at one point the Houston Rockets missed around 27 straight three point shots.  If that is not working then why not try something else?

Take the two losing teams, Rockets and Celtics, and move them back 20 to 25 to 30 years in time and they would get literally carved up by the teams of the time, let alone make the post season.  Which leaves us an NBA finals consisting of a great Golden State Warriors team facing a Cleveland Cavaliers team that pretty much consists of of 'Lebron James & a bunch of stiffs'.  Will I be watching?  I doubt not...

The entire sport of basketball could disappear off the face of the earth and I would never notice....I care nothing for it.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2018 11:40 am

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Can't believe it's almost been a year since I moved to PA.

Wow, me either.

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2018 12:55 pm

Quote :
The entire sport of basketball could disappear off the face of the earth and I would never notice....I care nothing for it.

I'm the same way with baseball, hockey and golf- three sports I find about exciting as watching the grass grow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2018 2:45 pm

bassdude wrote:
Dynamis wrote:

You Rock
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2018 2:46 pm

Dynamis wrote:

+2 trillion
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 10:04 am

Dynamis wrote:
Quote :

I'm the same way with baseball, hockey and golf- three sports I find about exciting as watching the grass grow.

You are dead to me now  lol!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 10:05 am

Hearing a metal version of Mexican Radio and Rock Lobster is surreal.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 10:18 am

Xid wrote:
I can't read and listen to music at the same time.  I'll either tune the music out or listen to the music, read 10 pages and not know what I've read.

Man, I can!  I love to take my headphones and FiiO player to a restaurant to eat, pop in some tunes, and read while eating breakfast.  Oh, yeah-- that is what I am doing now!!!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 27 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 27 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: