Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+17
crucifyd
Samson
kerrick
Hardkore
Jen5
Oldiesmann
MikeInFla
ishmael81
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
Xid
alldatndensum
rockerVu2
messiaen77
Driven
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Random Ramblings - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 39 I_icon_minitime8/27/2018, 4:32 pm

I took the first exit I could off the highway and crawled and idled (thanks, manual transmissions and clutches!) as much as possible. I also cranked the heat up to save it from the engine, which was alright given that it's cooler at night.

I'm starting to ask myself about how much more I should put into this car. I like it, and it should last a while, but I've been throwing money at it lately...
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 39 I_icon_minitime8/28/2018, 9:15 am

Time for another "hot" days up here in Pennsylvania . . . or we would call it in Texas, a regular week in August  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 39 I_icon_minitime8/28/2018, 9:48 am

Is there anything more uplifting than suicide prevention training?
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 39 I_icon_minitime8/28/2018, 2:23 pm

You could always go to al all-day meeting on Corporate Strategic Planning.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23477
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 39 I_icon_minitime8/28/2018, 5:13 pm

messiaen77 wrote:

While I get that this training is important, I highly doubt that many teachers spend enough time with their students to truly KNOW if they are considering suicide.  Sure, we can attempt to stop bullying, but real bullies know to do this away from any teacher's prying eyes.  They also have learned to do stuff in a large group so that a camera inside the school cannot see everything.  So, while they make us take this training every year, suicides still happen and there is precious little we can do about it in my opinion.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 39 I_icon_minitime8/29/2018, 8:49 am

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
You could always go to al all-day meeting on Corporate Strategic Planning.
HARD

PASS

alldatndensum wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:

While I get that this training is important, I highly doubt that many teachers spend enough time with their students to truly KNOW if they are considering suicide.  Sure, we can attempt to stop bullying, but real bullies know to do this away from any teacher's prying eyes.  They also have learned to do stuff in a large group so that a camera inside the school cannot see everything.  So, while they make us take this training every year, suicides still happen and there is precious little we can do about it in my opinion.
Yeah, All these scenarios they present.  Yeah, like it would really happen that way.  Cyberbullying is such a huge thing.  And with things like Snapchat, there's not even any evidence.  That's the big thing I'm struggling with in all of this teacher training with all the "how do you identify at-risk students" things.  I know how to identify them, I just think at the end of the day, there is only so much I can do about it.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 39 I_icon_minitime8/29/2018, 1:07 pm

Hmm, blue highlights in my hair.  Looks like I got too close to one of our printing presses  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23449
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 39 I_icon_minitime8/29/2018, 2:08 pm

Hmm, blue highlights in my hair.  Looks like I got too close to one of our printing presses  Very Happy

lol! Oh man I would love to see a picture of that!!!

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 39 I_icon_minitime8/29/2018, 3:06 pm

I was a brave man today.  I let one of my special needs students cut part of my hair.  Of course, the cosmetology teacher was right there with him to make sure nothing went wrong.  Of course, my hair is thin enough that should he have made a mistake that we'd just shave and it would grow back soon enough.  Or not.  With my hair, you really can't mess it up.

lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 39 I_icon_minitime8/29/2018, 8:07 pm

I am currently growing a beard but am having second thoughts and thinking about shaving it off...

Perhaps due to my age, but the beard has so many grey hairs that whenever I gaze into the mirror, I look like a polar bear or, worse yet, a mad prophet.

I'm not that attractive of a guy, but ironically the women at work seem to like it, so perhaps the beard is worth keeping around...
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 39 I_icon_minitime8/30/2018, 5:20 am

Keep the beard.  If you are anything like me, then it will cover a multitude of ugly.  While I still wrestle with self-confidence, just growing the beard helped me to become more confident.  Mentally, I think it is just something to hide behind for me.

My wife likes it, too!  Hubba hubba

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3121
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 39 I_icon_minitime8/30/2018, 5:37 am

I dunno about beards. Think back to sideburns.

Random Ramblings - Page 39 Elvis-presley-men-with-sideburns

They look dated. When you see it you think "That's so 1976!".

One day all of the "beard" pictures will look dated and people will say "That's so 2016! What were you thinking?!?"
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 39 I_icon_minitime8/30/2018, 8:35 am

Staybrite wrote:

lol! Oh man I would love to see a picture of that!!!
I'll see if I can post the picture I took  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 39 I_icon_minitime8/30/2018, 8:42 am

https://twitter.com/jeffdls/status/1035175516821708801?s=21
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 39 I_icon_minitime8/30/2018, 3:19 pm

Oh man that is fantastic!!!  Almost the same hue as all the blue-haired old ladys.  lol!

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 39 I_icon_minitime8/30/2018, 3:21 pm

Dynamis wrote:
I am currently growing a beard but am having second thoughts and thinking about shaving it off...

Perhaps due to my age, but the beard has so many grey hairs that whenever I gaze into the mirror, I look like a polar bear or, worse yet, a mad prophet.

I'm not that attractive of a guy, but ironically the women at work seem to like it, so perhaps the beard is worth keeping around...

I have had a beard for most of my adult life...at this point it is almost completely grey (but I am 50).  My kids have never seen me without a beard.  If I can lose most of my "goal weight" I will probably cut it off briefly....just so I can freak out my adult children.
My wife really doesn't want me to cut it off, because she thinks I have a weak looking chin.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 39 I_icon_minitime8/30/2018, 4:24 pm

Quote :
They look dated. When you see it you think "That's so 1976!".

One day all of the "beard" pictures will look dated and people will say "That's so 2016! What were you thinking?!?"

Longer beards might be the in thing with the younger generations, but beards have been in style for some time now.  I grew mine when I turned 30 and still have it despite it being mostly white now.  I tried a dye kit, but that was too messy.  It also was too labor intensive as I keep my beard closely trimmed and would have to re-color every week.  It just wasn't worth it.

Now, if they ever made a beard shampoo that would get rid of gray or white hair, I would do it.  That Just For Men shampoo works wonders on my head!

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 39 I_icon_minitime8/31/2018, 7:22 am

Staybrite wrote:

Oh man that is fantastic!!!  Almost the same hue as all the blue-haired old ladys.  lol!

Yep, all I needed was a casserole in my purse and it'd be perfect  lol!
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 39 I_icon_minitime8/31/2018, 9:19 am

Just make sure you have the preacher on speed dial so you can tell him what he got wrong in this week's sermon.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 39 I_icon_minitime8/31/2018, 11:09 am

messiaen77 wrote:
Just make sure you have the preacher on speed dial so you can tell her what she got wrong in this week's sermon.

Corrected  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 39 I_icon_minitime9/1/2018, 7:17 am

A cold and a treatment at the dentist have not been make me feel very well.

It's better today.
Back to top Go down
crucifyd

crucifyd

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2016-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 39 I_icon_minitime9/1/2018, 9:00 am

Dynamis wrote:

what's wrong with grey beard???

Random Ramblings - Page 39 Img_2016
Back to top Go down
http://www.crucifyd.com
crucifyd

crucifyd

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2016-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 39 I_icon_minitime9/1/2018, 9:01 am

Staybrite wrote:
My wife really doesn't want me to cut it off, because she thinks I have a weak looking chin.

my daughter says the basic same thing ... "dad, you have no chin..."
Back to top Go down
http://www.crucifyd.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 39 I_icon_minitime9/1/2018, 3:10 pm

crucifyd wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

my daughter says the basic same thing ... "dad, you have no chin..."

It's an inspiring vote of confidence huh?  lol!

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 39 I_icon_minitime9/1/2018, 7:10 pm

I am supposed to be teaching at a youth retreat for a previous church.  This is the most disorganized mess I have ever seen or been involved in.  I still have two nights to be here and just want to go home.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 39 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next