Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Upcoming New Movies...

Go down 
+10
Black Rider
Normaniac
topshot rhit
Xid
kerrick
Staybrite
alldatndensum
MikeInFla
Fundy
Hardkore
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5332
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Upcoming New Movies... - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2019 3:52 pm

They could turn Star Wars around and make it good again... but... they won't.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23475
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2019 8:41 pm

Fundy wrote:
They could turn Star Wars around and make it good again... but... they won't.

This movie, in my opinion, will determine the fate of both the Skywalker family saga and the future of the Star Wars franchise. If this movie is not received well by the fans, many will not return no matter what they do with it.  While I loved Solo, The Last Jedi caused it's failure due to fan reactions after simply tossing out so much of what had been established canon.  This shows that Johnson isn't the right person to carry on this legacy.  It also shows that there was little to no planning for this trilogy between the directors and executive producers.  The storytelling in The Last Jedi was just bad and has now made the prequels look like high art.  If this movie doesn't fix plot holes and give us a connection with Rey to the Skywalkers, then JJ Abrams, Rian Johnson, and Kathleen Kennedy will be the people who killed Star Wars.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2019 6:14 am

Maybe it's just me but I have enjoyed every Star Wars movie, the prequels and even Last Jedi. Looking forward to this!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2019 6:34 am

I enjoyed the prequels.  The acting was a bit flat by a couple of characters.  I didn't mind the political parts of it as no Empire would set itself up simply by a war.  You had to build to it.

The acting was good in The Last Jedi.  It was the story that was weak.  Leia has Force powers of that magnitude despite never being trained?  Rey has that level of power without being trained?  Kylo Ren has the Resistance in his sights and pursues them for hours and hours at SLOW MOTION so that two characters can run away to get help and have time to find love?  No, you would destroy them!!!  Snoke was being built up to be the big bad and then you get him as a throwaway character.  Rey's lineage was teased and then cast aside as well.  Who was the kid at the end with the broom who was using the Force like a pro despite never being trained?  Anikin couldn't do that in The Phantom Menace.  Much of what was established in canon was just cast away.

The only way that The Last Jedi stands on its own is if Abrams can show that it all was meant as this huge bait and switch to throw everyone off.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 5:20 am

I need one of these. Sure would come in handy around the house.

Upcoming New Movies... - Page 6 2cc
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 6:13 am

Ooooh!  A Swiss Army light sabre!!!

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 8:12 am

I've never felt the series was that great to start with, too much bad acting and so many plot holes.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2019 7:18 pm

Black Rider wrote:
I've never felt the series was that great to start with, too much bad acting and so many plot holes.

We can't be friends anymore    lol!

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 11:49 am

I'm pretty sure they only do these in the U.S., but Fathom Events is a releasing a few fun older films to the big screen again in the next few months.

The Shawshank Redemption: Sept 22nd, 24th & 25th
Ghost Buster (the first movie): Oct 6th & 10th
Alien (the first movie): Oct 13th, 15th & 16th
The Godfather Part 2: Nov 10th, 12th & 13th

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 12:12 pm

I notice you didn't refute me alldat. Meh, most movies have plot holes, it's the acting that kills it for me in the Star Wars universe.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 12:13 pm

Staybrite, that's cool but not sure I'd pay just to see those on the big screen since I've already seen them a few times.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2019 11:44 am

Black Rider wrote:
Staybrite, that's cool but not sure I'd pay just to see those on the big screen since I've already seen them a few times.

Totally understood, however the first one that I saw (probably close to a year ago) was Jim Henson's Labyrinth.  I had probably seen it at least a dozen times over the last 20 years, but seeing it on the big screen was just a different kind of experience.  Really nostalgic and much more "immersive" than just watching them on the television at home.  Having said that I certainly don't go see all of these.  Of those listed above I only plan to go watch The Shawshank Redemption.

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2019 12:13 pm

Hmmm... I don't see how Edward Furlong could return for this, he isn't in any previews at all. here is the latest:

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2019 8:46 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I'm pretty sure they only do these in the U.S., but Fathom Events is a releasing a few fun older films to the big screen again in the next few months.

The Shawshank Redemption: Sept 22nd, 24th & 25th
Ghost Buster (the first movie): Oct 6th & 10th
Alien (the first movie): Oct 13th, 15th & 16th
The Godfather Part 2: Nov 10th, 12th & 13th

I got to see Ghostbusters when it originally came out back in the 80's ( I think it was '85).

There is one that comes out before those that I already have my tix for...Star Trek: The Motion Picture 40th anniversary showing. After this the only ST movie I will have not seen on the big screen will be 3: The Search For Spock. A few years ago I saw Wrath of Khan for the 35th anniversary. My very 1st ST film I got to see in theaters was The Voyage Home.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2019 8:52 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Black Rider wrote:

Totally understood, however the first one that I saw (probably close to a year ago) was Jim Henson's Labyrinth.  I had probably seen it at least a dozen times over the last 20 years, but seeing it on the big screen was just a different kind of experience.  Really nostalgic and much more "immersive" than just watching them on the television at home.  Having said that I certainly don't go see all of these.  Of those listed above I only plan to go watch The Shawshank Redemption.

Totally agree with this! There have been a few movies I have seen I don't know how many times and then I go to one of the Anniversary showings. I end up seeing things I never noticed before which totally makes it worthwhile to me. I don't go to all of the special viewings but some that I like the most.
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1451
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2019 4:14 am

I can't really think of any decent movies left this year.  Count me out.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2019 6:22 am

I just wonder what will happen with Spider-Man now that Disney and Sony have split after money talks.  Sony bought the movie rights to this character, and Disney was using the character with a special agreement.  Now that these two media outlets have split over disagreements, Spidey will again be a Sony property and no longer tied to the MCU.  They will have a lot of things missing that they can no longer even mention to try to explain.  The new relationship with Happy and Aunt May is gone.  Spidey will not be able to use Stark tech and will rely only on his webshooters.  The MCU won't really be able to say anything about Spidey not being around especially since Disney was setting him up to be the new Stark both with his own tech and the leader of the new Avengers as they bring in the more PC iterations of our beloved characters.

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1451
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2019 7:01 am

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2019 9:37 pm

I hope they can keep him as Night Monkey.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2019 10:58 am

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2019 2:55 pm

Hardkore wrote:

A film critics are calling "Pirates of the Caribbean meets Jumanji"!  (at least that's what I'm anticipating)

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2019 3:05 pm

And wackiness ensues!!!
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2019 3:16 pm

Just came across this...really interested in it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messiah_(American_TV_series)

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2019 6:31 pm

Oh wow, that Messiah show does look interesting.  I'm guessing I'll be watching that.

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Upcoming New Movies...
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6