Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Upcoming New Movies...

Go down 
+10
Black Rider
Normaniac
topshot rhit
Xid
kerrick
Staybrite
alldatndensum
MikeInFla
Fundy
Hardkore
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Upcoming New Movies... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 12:37 pm

BTW...
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 12:41 pm

In case anyone is interested...
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 12:31 pm

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 2:57 pm

Hmm, looks like yet another generic super hero movie with the same formula as all the rest of them.  I wonder if/when this fad will end.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 3:03 pm

kerrick wrote:
Hmm, looks like yet another generic super hero movie with the same formula as all the rest of them.  I wonder if/when this fad will end.

Kind of my thought as well.  I was pretty much over them after seeing Suicide Squad and Marvel's Civil War.  They had gotten a bit formulaic in the action and story line and were getting a bit "soap opera-ish" for me.  About 2/3 of the way through Civil War I realized that I had missed one of the Avengers movies and had no clue who 1/3 of the characters were.  I was ready to completely give up on them but my wife told me I needed to watch Wonder Woman, glad I did because it was pretty good.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23475
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2018 6:29 am

I have to agree that these are all pretty formulaic, but that is what has made them successful.  They aren't going to change them as long as each one is a blockbuster.  Tying them all together for Marvel has insured their success.  I wonder if they will lose popularity once they change the characters to the more modern renditions.  I am not ready for Iron Heart, a female Thor, a black/hispanic Spiderman, etc.  Leave my classic heroes alone!!!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2018 10:00 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I have to agree that these are all pretty formulaic, but that is what has made them successful.  They aren't going to change them as long as each one is a blockbuster.  Tying them all together for Marvel has insured their success.  I wonder if they will lose popularity once they change the characters to the more modern renditions.  I am not ready for Iron Heart, a female Thor, a black/hispanic Spiderman, etc.  Leave my classic heroes alone!!!

Oh yeah, the whole "MCU" thing was a brilliant move by Marvel/Disney.  Like Gary said, if you miss one movie, you're lost in the next - even if it's a separate super hero.  If you like Spiderman but not Iron Man, too bad, because you gotta watch all the Iron Man movies to get what's going on in the latest Spiderman flick (apparently), etc.

And you're totally right about the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach here.  It's working incredibly well for them, though I am curious for how much longer.  Some years ago we saw the rise of the teeny-bopper distopian flicks a la The Hunger Games, Divergent, The Maze Runner, etc.  But I think the - initially very popular - Divergent series' last entry is getting (or got, I dunno?) straight-to-video treatment and the main star is refusing to be a part of it.  I wonder if this will be the same fate for the Marvel movies.  Part of me hopes so because of all of Disney's liberal antics.  I don't care much one way or the other if they're making Spiderman black or Thor a woman (though why not just make NEW superheroes instead of changing the classics???) but all the LGBTQXYZ stuff being pushed is what I detest.  Eh without a TV and with a new baby, it's not like I'm watching many movies anyways!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 5:11 pm

Quote :
I wonder if this will be the same fate for the Marvel movies.  Part of me hopes so because of all of Disney's liberal antics.

It will be part of what happens.  Loki and Scarlet Witch are both getting tv series with the same actors involved that will appear on Disney's streaming network.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2018 12:53 pm

The clip where she's riding her scooter on a pier is in my hometown of Santa Cruz, CA.  Goof alert: some (most) of the rides you can see in the trailer didn't exist in the 70's when the movie takes place.  I remember when some of those were built and I was born in the 80's...

Regardless, it actually looks like a pretty decent flick for what it is.  I LOVED Transformers when I was a kid so there's a lot of nostalgia there for me.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5332
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2018 4:00 am

I'm off to watch Solo on DVD tonight.  Saw it in the cinema when it came out, but looking forward to seeing it again.

Also looking forward to seeing Johnny English 3

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2018 3:00 pm

Fundy wrote:
I'm off to watch Solo on DVD tonight.  Saw it in the cinema when it came out, but looking forward to seeing it again.

Also looking forward to seeing Johnny English 3

I haven' seen Solo yet (should probably pick up the DVD)....also really looking forward to Johnny English 3

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2018 3:45 pm

I'm looking forward to this:

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2018 11:21 am

Xid wrote:

One of the few films I will venture out to see in the theater.  Really looking forward to it.

Number of posts : 3875

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2018 5:26 pm

Xid wrote:
For me it will depend on how much they glamorize his lifestyle choices.

Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2018 5:33 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Xid wrote:

Given how he died I can imagine the result of those lifestyle choices couldn't be film in a highly positive light...but I guess we will se.

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2018 3:20 pm

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2018 9:29 pm

That looks absolutely amazing!

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2018 2:17 pm

So we certainly couldn't call that the "Live Action" version of the Lion King....and animated doesn't seem right at all.  Maybe the CGI version?

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 9:06 pm

Staybrite wrote:
topshot rhit wrote:
Xid wrote:

Given how he died I can imagine the result of those lifestyle choices couldn't be film in a highly positive light...but I guess we will se.

I saw "Bohemian Rhapsody".  While Freddie's lifestyle is in the movie, it didn't come off like they were trying to normalize or glamorize it.  They did have Freddie kiss one male, but the whole audience when I viewed the movie all did a collective, "Ewww."  They show his sinking lower into the world of drugs and sex (not just homosexual, either) to show how it was affecting the rest of the band and eventually took his life.  It was definitely a tragedy as you could see how Freddie could have lived a much longer life having made better choices.

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2018 1:06 pm

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2019 8:45 pm

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2019 9:29 pm

Marvel is definitely stacked to have a great year with Capt.  Marvel, Avengers 4, and Spiderman.

Of course, I am equally as excited for Shazam.  I remember when the character was known as Capt. Marvel and had the life action Saturday show.  It was the Capt. Marvel/Isis hour.

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1451
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 11:59 am

Hardkore wrote:
Yes, this.  Plus Captain Marvel, Avengers: Endgame, and X-Men's Phoenix story reside in my 2019 movie pipeline.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 2:22 pm

I think I wanna go see this one.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 9:22 pm

Saw a couple of interesting trailers today...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Upcoming New Movies...
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next