Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!!

Go down 
+10
topshot rhit
Through The Dark Radio
messiaen77
Staybrite
Fundy
JLE3
Xid
rockerVu2
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5334
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!!   Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 11:01 am

I've just downloaded mine from amazon.  Smile

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23477
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!!   Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 5:24 pm

Fundy wrote:

Cool!  I mailed your copies today.  I know--you said you would buy the extra one.  I just didn't feel right about you paying for the record since you have helped write several songs with me and never asked for anything in return.  So, I sent two CDs to you for being an awesome friend and co-writer.

Gary's was mailed on Saturday, and Yvonne's and Andrew's were mailed today with yours.  I can't wait to hear your reactions whether good or bad.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23454
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!!   Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 8:06 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Fundy wrote:

Cool!  I mailed your copies today.  I know--you said you would buy the extra one.  I just didn't feel right about you paying for the record since you have helped write several songs with me and never asked for anything in return.  So, I sent two CDs to you for being an awesome friend and co-writer.

Gary's was mailed on Saturday, and Yvonne's and Andrew's were mailed today with yours.  I can't wait to hear your reactions whether good or bad.

Woo

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!!   Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2018 5:34 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Fundy wrote:

Thank you, I look forward to getting them.  It was handy having 2 copies of your last one, because I kept one in the car and it got scratched by the kids!  The other one is safely stored in my CD collection (after copying it on to my computer!)

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!!   Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2018 1:40 pm

So am I the first one on the board to get a physical copy?!

Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!! - Page 5 Img_2014

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!!   Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2018 4:59 pm

Besides my brother who is on the CD, you are the first person to get the CD whether on this board, Facebook, CMR, etc.  Thanks for being a supporter of my music!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!!   Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2018 5:36 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Besides my brother who is on the CD, you are the first person to get the CD whether on this board, Facebook, CMR, etc.  Thanks for being a supporter of my music!

Super cool!  Woo
Sabidoo doesn't count...he lives too close and didn't have to wait on the USPS to get his! lol!

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!!   Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2018 7:58 am

Cool Gary you are the first person who can listen to the CD.
Mine will come soon.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!!   Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2018 6:52 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
Cool Gary you are the first person who can listen to the CD.
Mine will come soon.

Your cd had much farther to travel to get to you.  Very Happy

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!!   Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2018 11:11 am

Lemme say I LOVE your guitar tone man.  That's a big-time sound.  You should be very proud of those geetars you're making and of this recording.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!!   Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2018 6:31 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Lemme say I LOVE your guitar tone man.  That's a big-time sound.  You should be very proud of those geetars you're making and of this recording.

Those are the same geetars I used on the last one.  For the guitar tone, I ran my CBGs through an old Line 6 POD that I have used for years.  I am using two different amp tones to get my rhythm sound.  In the mixing area, I just boosted the lows and scooped out the mids to get a crunchy tone.  To get the bass to punch through, I added a lot of high end.  By itself, the bass track sounds like crap, but it sounds strong with the overall recording.

To get my drum sounds, I am still using the same electric kit I've had for several years.  I bought a newer processor for it, though, that gave me individual outs for each drum.  This gave me the ability to pan the drums to different places in the mix so they aren't all competing in the same space.  It made the songs sound big!  After mastering, they sound huge while still giving me a very live sound.

When I start my next project, I will be learning to record via computer.  I am hoping that my quality goes up even more in the future.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!!   Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 8:17 am

I have gotten an awesome package in the mail this morning.
Yep ... a CD "Man Overboard has arrived.
Yeppers the peppers.

Quote :
Your cd had much farther to travel to get to you

After 7 days the CD was delivered.
Wow, that was fast.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!!   Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 3:19 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
I have gotten an awesome package in the mail this morning.
Yep ... a CD "Man Overboard has arrived.
Yeppers the peppers.

Quote :
Your cd had much farther to travel to get to you

After 7 days the CD was delivered.
Wow, that was fast.

Great news!

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3122
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!!   Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2018 9:34 am

I got mine woo hoo! Thanks! Will spin it this weekend!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!!   Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2018 10:02 am

I am looking forward to everyone's thoughts on the album.

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!!   Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2018 12:37 pm

Mine hasn't turned up as yet, hopefully tomorrow! Very Happy

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!!   Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2018 4:32 pm

They've arrived!  Thanks Chris!  Will be listening to the album this weekend (after work)

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!!   Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2018 9:27 pm

Thank you again for writing with me!

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!!   Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2018 3:57 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
It was an honour and a pleasure.

After a first listen, I found I'm drawn to these songs pretty quick...

Give It To Jesus
Completely Flexible (love this song)
Please, Don't Make Me Watch A Chick Flick
Yes, I Know (I cranked this one up quite high and it sounds amazing!  Great job, Chris!)
Legs Wink
Lord, How I Love The Way She Walks

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!!   Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2018 10:25 pm

Fundy wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
It was an honour and a pleasure.

After a first listen, I found I'm drawn to these songs pretty quick...

Give It To Jesus
Completely Flexible (love this song)
Please, Don't Make Me Watch A Chick Flick
Yes, I Know (I cranked this one up quite high and it sounds amazing!  Great job, Chris!)
Legs Wink
Lord, How I Love The Way She Walks

I'm totally loving the redeux of "Give it to Jesus".  It was my favorite Mission of One song, and I love it as a BC&DBB song.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!!   Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 8:03 am

You guys are way too kind.

"Completely Flexible" and "Chick Flick" are actually my favorites on here.  They were silly songs but fun to do as there were no rules and no one telling me they couldn't go on a gospel album.  I am sure they will rub somebody the wrong way, but I can live with that.

"Yes, I Know" was originally done on a southern gospel album I did many years ago that shall forever remain hidden. LOL  I wanted to redo this as I sped up on the original recording and even changed pitch.  I made that same mistake at first (changing pitch) on this recording.  So, I went in and strummed the song on my cigar box guitar and added my lead vocal.  I then added my backing vocals, and redid them, and redid them again.  I added the rhythm instruments and then removed the guitar.  BINGO!  I actually want to shoot a video of this song and plan to while I am off for Christmas.  My mother-in-law is buying me a cell phone stabilizer to help with this project.

I am currently writing for a new project.  I don't know if it will be a BC&DBBB project or something else.  The songs so far are more secular in nature.  I would kind of like to do an Alice Cooper type project and these would fit well.  Don't worry--I will keep doing gospel music, too.  I'd just like to try my hand at something different.  I have lyrics in my head this morning about fighting with your wife.  The working title I have is "Mad Woman Blues".  LOL

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!!   Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2018 1:53 pm

To be honest I like all the songs of the CD.
Give It To Jesus and Yes, I Know are my favorite songs of this CD.

I like Git It To Jesus when it was on a Mission Of One Cd.
Yes, I Know I like because it so very well done. This is an amzing very good song.
My sincere compliments for releasing again a vet gave CD.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!!   Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2018 6:27 pm

Both Vonnie and Staybrite have said how much they love the new "Give It To Jesus".  The original was just too long to me.  Also, there was no real closure to the song for me.  This song was given to me many years ago when my wife and I were separated.  I actually dreamed the words for the two verses and chorus.  They described exactly what she was going through at the time.

Fast forward to modern times.  I always felt like there was more to the story, so I added the new bridge.  The night before we started working on getting us back together, she was praying.  She was praying and telling God that if we never got back together that she would be okay as long as He was with her.  She told the Lord that she was giving Him the situation and truly for His will to be done.  She felt like the Lord was telling her then that everything would be okay whatever the turnout would be.  I called her the next day, and we have been together an additional 18 years since our other troubles.

So, "Give It To Jesus" is my wife's song so to speak.

Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!!   Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2018 10:21 am

alldatndensum wrote:
"Yes, I Know" was originally done on a southern gospel album I did many years ago that shall forever remain hidden. LOL

Challenge Accepted.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!!   Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2018 10:28 am

I've given this one a fair number of listenings and my original opinion goes out the window (apparently the earbuds I was listening on are crap and made the vocals sound like they were recorded on a pocket recorder and just overlaid with the rest of the music as an afterthought).  I got this and Billy Gibbons' Big Bad Blues at the same time and I gotta say I like this one more than his.  I can't really pick a favorite song because so many are so good.  I wasn't really feeling "Give it to Jesus," but now that I know the story, that will change.  I'm glad you decided to add the silly songs.  I guess when I'm listening to the BC&DBBB albums, I really sense that YOU  are coming through in them--the serious and the silly.  That's what I want to hear from music like this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!!   Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band UPDATE!!!
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next