Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

To my entire CHM family

Go down 
+5
Xid
alldatndensum
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

To my entire CHM family Empty
PostSubject: To my entire CHM family   To my entire CHM family I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 2:28 pm

I just wanted to take a second and acknowledge how much all of you ROCK!  

Back in the day, I spent a lot of time here, hangin', chattin', making up games, praying, posting little studies, doing silly photoshops of people here, and so on. But in recent years my presence has been rather scarce as I've been struggling with my faith, my walk, my health problems and family issues... And yet, I'm always welcomed back to CHM warmly, sometimes even missed  Laughing . 
I'm always offered prayer and genuine concern from all of you who, I must admit, to my shame, I do not reciprocate even half as much  Crying or Very sad

I appreciate the friendship from everyone, those of you I've known nearly 15 years as well as you more recent members  Cool

Thanks for all of your prayers and compassion over the years - During that rough transition when my health and problems went from average to complex, from surgeries to work or family issues, from times of strong faith to crisis of faith... my family here at CHM has been just that, FAMILY  
OK, enough sappiness and "Precious Moments-y" quoteslol! Razz  I just wanted to acknowledge ya'all and thank our Father in heaven for this crazy family. You all ROCK !!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: To my entire CHM family   To my entire CHM family I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 3:31 pm

Aw shucks.  If you where here I would give you a punch in the shoulder for that.
Love you too brother.

I'm going to take credit for you coming here (even if it wasn't me).  I remember us doing an early CD trade back around 2006/2007 (or so).  Not at all sure how we met (might have been the CMR), but I do remember encouraging you to come here to CHM.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: To my entire CHM family   To my entire CHM family I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 3:56 pm

I can't remember who invited me over here, it was probably you since we did a lot of CD trading and stuff back then. I spent much of my time over at Firestream in the early/mid 2000s, not so much at CMR though (couldn't stand all the bickering and arguments at the time). 

That was back when Harold the Opossum ruled this place:

To my entire CHM family Chm10
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: To my entire CHM family   To my entire CHM family I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 4:29 pm

Who are you?

Razz lol!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: To my entire CHM family   To my entire CHM family I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 6:48 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I can't remember who invited me over here, it was probably you since we did a lot of CD trading and stuff back then. I spent much of my time over at Firestream in the early/mid 2000s, not so much at CMR though (couldn't stand all the bickering and arguments at the time). 

That was back when Harold the Opossum ruled this place:

To my entire CHM family Chm10

I was trying to remember the possum's name just yesterday!  I could remember the little guy but couldn't remember the name!  Harold was a good running gag back then.  I wonder if he stayed with Motley Crue until they retired?  I lost track of him after he went on tour.  I miss the little rodent.  LOL

Dude, you are not SOMETIMES missed on here.  You are ALWAYS missed on here.  I always felt like this board was only as active as it was because of you.  Vonnie and I started a lot of threads over the years, but you always seemed to get people to talking even if everyone wasn't always in agreement.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: To my entire CHM family   To my entire CHM family I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 8:41 pm

S'up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: To my entire CHM family   To my entire CHM family I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 1:37 am

Quote :
I miss the little rodent.  LOL

That whole CHM mascot thing was started when a real one got in Sabidoo's house, am I remembering right ?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: To my entire CHM family   To my entire CHM family I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 1:43 am

Quote :
Dude, you are not SOMETIMES missed on here.  You are ALWAYS missed on here.  I always felt like this board was only as active as it was because of you.  Vonnie and I started a lot of threads over the years, but you always seemed to get people to talking even if everyone wasn't always in agreement.

Well thank you for that Alldat, you're too kind. We had a lot of fun man. I just feel like if I could get some normalcy back in my life, I'd be excited about things and projects again.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: To my entire CHM family   To my entire CHM family I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 1:46 am

TTDR wrote:
Who are you?

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ Who who, who who, I really wanna know ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: To my entire CHM family   To my entire CHM family I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 9:49 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
TTDR wrote:
Who are you?

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ Who who, who who, I really wanna know ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬

I woke up in a Soho doorway
The policeman knew my name
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: To my entire CHM family   To my entire CHM family I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 12:13 pm

ROTFLYou Rock
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: To my entire CHM family   To my entire CHM family I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2018 8:44 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Quote :

That whole CHM mascot thing was started when a real one got in Sabidoo's house, am I remembering right ?

Yep!  That's where it all started!

Of course, Sabidoo hasn't checked in here in years.  He no longer owns that house.  His third wife was a total gold-digger and he ended up losing everything he had because of her:  his personal vehicle, his semi he owned at that time, and his house.

Nowadays, he is remarried to a 4th wife and they rent a house about an hour from here.  He owns his own truck again.  He seems to be happier than I have seen him in years.  Besides playing drums for me occasionally, he has gotten back into church and plays for the church band.  He has a stepdaughter who has been very active in band during her high school years.  She will graduate this May

We haven't heard from Harold the possum in many, many years, though.  lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: To my entire CHM family   To my entire CHM family I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2018 12:22 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

We haven't heard from Harold the possum in many, many years, though. 

Probably OD'd on the road with Crue.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: To my entire CHM family   To my entire CHM family I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2018 12:30 pm

You Rock G/F
Actually, everyone here rocks too!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: To my entire CHM family   To my entire CHM family I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2018 12:32 pm

https://web.archive.org/web/20070501000000*/https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: To my entire CHM family   To my entire CHM family I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2018 11:04 pm

Fundy wrote:
https://web.archive.org/web/20070501000000*/https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com

Wow that's pretty cool. Didn't know they had that archive thing. There's stuff in there back in '07 when my screen name was ApologetiXFreak  Laughing Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: To my entire CHM family   To my entire CHM family I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2018 3:51 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Quote :

Yep!  That's where it all started!

Of course, Sabidoo hasn't checked in here in years.  He no longer owns that house.  His third wife was a total gold-digger and he ended up losing everything he had because of her:  his personal vehicle, his semi he owned at that time, and his house.

Nowadays, he is remarried to a 4th wife and they rent a house about an hour from here.  He owns his own truck again.  He seems to be happier than I have seen him in years.  Besides playing drums for me occasionally, he has gotten back into church and plays for the church band.  He has a stepdaughter who has been very active in band during her high school years.  She will graduate this May

We haven't heard from Harold the possum in many, many years, though.  lol!

I miss having Sabidoo around here. We still jab at each other on Facebook, though.

On the other hand, Harold I don't remember well. I think I showed up in 2011, so I can't speak to any personal encounters with him. It's probably not surprising, because Canada is too cold for him.

And to G/F: it's always good to see you around. I think you were the one who shipped me a few tapes some time ago. I don't have a tape deck, but I still have the tapes. I played the Mastedon one on repeat. Top notch songwriting. Anyway. Your honesty is truly refreshing. It's easy to put up a facade. Heck, I do that myself fairly often when I'm around people I don't really know well or don't have time to express it. I'm thankful you trust us with the crud that goes down in your life. Take care Smile
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: To my entire CHM family   To my entire CHM family I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2018 8:55 pm

Quote :
I think you were the one who shipped me a few tapes some time ago. I don't have a tape deck, but I still have the tapes. I played the Mastedon one on repeat. Top notch songwriting.

With my senile memory, I can't say I remember that  Embarassed - but, I do remember being on a give-away spree a few years ago when I had a bunch of duplicate albums, so that could have been at that time.
Glad you're enjoying them!

Quote :
Anyway. Your honesty is truly refreshing. It's easy to put up a facade. Heck, I do that myself fairly often when I'm around people I don't really know well or don't have time to express it. I'm thankful you trust us with the crud that goes down in your life. Take care Smile

That is the best compliment I've ever gotten -for something I have actually gotten flack for in the past  Laughing I put up a facade for nearly 2 decades with fellow employees and at church- pretending to be happy, pretending that as a Christian I wasn't depressed and angry at life due to my health problems. 
Here at CHM is where I actually began to open up with my true emotions, concerns and frustrations. Having a group of misfits, like I do here, to be honest with has been therapeutic to my walk with Christ and it's allowed for true growth in me. I tend to think this is what Paul meant in so many passages about entrusting things with each other in fellowship and Christian friendship. I know Paul was never fake and always spoke of his failings and massive shortcomings as a child of the Father. 
I tend to think the modern church has forgotten that it's ok to be Guilty and Forgiven at the same time.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: To my entire CHM family   To my entire CHM family I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2018 10:15 pm

That's what I love about this place:  we can all admit that we are misfits and this is kind of our Island of Misfit Toys.  Of course, if Hermie shows up, he ain't sticking anything in my mouth!  LOL

I also love that this is a refuge for many of us where we can open up about our feelings, our pains, and our frustrations without being judged.  We all don't always agree, but we do care about each other.  I hate it that we have lost a couple of folks over the years and that I was partially (and sometimes completely) to blame for that.  If I could take it all back and fix those things, I would.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: To my entire CHM family   To my entire CHM family I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2018 8:47 am

Ohh out Harold, that was the most funny threat on CHM.
I've laughed so hard to read the stories over Harold and his family.

I hope Harold is on the road, but he loves to tease sabidoo too.
I'm not surprised when he appears so now and then around sabidoo's house.
But he knows sabidoo har a "5.
He is scared to death for that.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: To my entire CHM family   To my entire CHM family I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2018 8:49 am

Yep Jim, it's what Chris has said, We and CHM is missing you when you are not here.
You are ALWAYS welcome here to share to tell.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: To my entire CHM family   To my entire CHM family I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2018 12:58 am

Thanks Alldat and Vonnie, and I agree:

Quote :
I also love that this is a refuge for many of us where we can open up about our feelings, our pains, and our frustrations without being judged. 
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: To my entire CHM family   To my entire CHM family I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2018 2:07 am

I have to admit, Its not the same with out you here.

Welcome back
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: To my entire CHM family   To my entire CHM family I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2018 10:41 pm

Thanks my friend ! I'm trying to visit more often
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To my entire CHM family   To my entire CHM family I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To my entire CHM family
Page 1 of 1