Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm a smoker & I can't stop!

Go down 
+3
Staybrite
Black Rider
MikeInFla
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

I'm a smoker & I can't stop! Empty
PostSubject: I'm a smoker & I can't stop!   I'm a smoker & I can't stop! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 1:11 pm

What? You thought I meant something else?!? Smoking food of course! I try to use this every weekend. But it is hard to make the videos with one hand and trying to move stuff around with the other. Then for the whole second part, where I wrapped the ribs in foil my phone was set on "photo" and not video so that part didn't turn out.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: I'm a smoker & I can't stop!   I'm a smoker & I can't stop! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 2:07 pm

Now I'm craving ribs.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: I'm a smoker & I can't stop!   I'm a smoker & I can't stop! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 2:17 pm

Oh man that looks fantastic!
I don't have a smoker, but do the low heat oven method on baby back ribs and they turn out pretty darn good.  I just might have to make some ribs this weekend.  Good job on the video too.

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: I'm a smoker & I can't stop!   I'm a smoker & I can't stop! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 3:27 pm

Yum!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
JLE3

JLE3

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2016-11-16

PostSubject: Re: I'm a smoker & I can't stop!   I'm a smoker & I can't stop! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2019 7:38 pm

That looks awesome. I need to get into smoking. This BBQ place opened up a year ago about 3 miles from my house (Butcher Bob's). I just discovered it the other day though. We've been eating there every 3-4 days and I'm going broke! Last week I ordered two full racks of ribs and an order of brisket. Both come with fries and another side but the bill was $77!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.evansandstokes.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: I'm a smoker & I can't stop!   I'm a smoker & I can't stop! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2019 4:36 am

It's a lot of fun, did a boneless turkey breast 2 weeks ago and last weekend did T-bone steaks reverse seared, which is a little difficult to do, at least for me. You put them on the "smoke" setting until internal temp reaches 110-115 then you pull them off the grill/smoker and crank it up to 500 and put them back on for a few minutes each side. They were juicy but not really a lot of smoke flavor. I guess to get a good smoke you need to smoke meats longer. These were only on for about 30 minutes before I turned it up to 500. 

When doing thick pork chops I put them on low for 2 hours, flip them then 2 more hours. After 4 hours of smoking I turn up the heat and finish 'em off and they turn out really good. 

The turkey turned out very good but I think the Cajun injection overpowered the smoke taste. Wasn't bad at all and very tender and juicy but I think I used too much injection. Will try that again sometime with less injection.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: I'm a smoker & I can't stop!   I'm a smoker & I can't stop! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2019 4:38 am

This pellet grill will cook anything! I also baked bread on it!

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: I'm a smoker & I can't stop!   I'm a smoker & I can't stop! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2019 6:45 am

I tried smoking a turkey once.  I couldn't figure out how to get it into the little rolling papers, though.

Drums

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: I'm a smoker & I can't stop!   I'm a smoker & I can't stop! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2019 10:37 am

Have you done a brisket yet?
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: I'm a smoker & I can't stop!   I'm a smoker & I can't stop! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2019 2:09 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Have you done a brisket yet?
No but would like to. I am starting off with easy stuff since this is a new hobby for me. I want to try a pork loin before doing a brisket.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: I'm a smoker & I can't stop!   I'm a smoker & I can't stop! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2019 2:59 pm

So did the banana bread turn our smokey tasting?

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: I'm a smoker & I can't stop!   I'm a smoker & I can't stop! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2019 4:07 pm

If you get a chance, try smoking some garlic and some cheese as well.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: I'm a smoker & I can't stop!   I'm a smoker & I can't stop! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 8:45 pm

Staybrite wrote:
So did the banana bread turn our smokey tasting?
Slightly. You would never know unless I said "hey that was smoked" then you'd be able to taste it because you would be looking for it. Not overpowering at all but it shouldn't be for banana bread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm a smoker & I can't stop!   I'm a smoker & I can't stop! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm a smoker & I can't stop!
Page 1 of 1