Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+16
bassdude
Normaniac
Livna
Dynamis
kerrick
Jen5
MikeInFla
messiaen77
Through The Dark Radio
Fundy
Xid
Driven
Staybrite
alldatndensum
Black Rider
Guilty/Forgiven
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Random Ramblings - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 7:05 am

Xid wrote:
Black Rider wrote:
Why does everyone here play bass?
Because it's awesome.

Random Ramblings - Page 21 4f1ce6fe8aa37ae18c093ea9c3b6e6cb

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 9:33 am

Not knocking it, just find it unusual that in such a small group, this many play bass.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 11:40 am

Well, we are a bunch of ne'er-do-goods and rejects, so I don't see why it would be unusual.

But seriously, I think the bass is my "heart" instrument. I grew up playing piano, and I play guitar and drums and mandolin and other things with varying levels of proficiency, but there's something about the deep sounds and the unexpected things that can be done with a bass. It's possibly the most free of the three instruments of a power trio, in a way.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 3:32 pm

Bass is the introvert instrument.  It let's you be part of the band but you get hang in the shadows rather than being in the spotlight all of the time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2020 8:53 am

Yep, there we go again.
I have a forehead cavity infection.
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2020 9:04 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Jen5 wrote:
I just don't have the money to replace strings. It works a treat. Recording before and after you can actually see the sound wave changes. Then if you compare that to a recording on new strings, it's closer to new than the old by far. It definitely cleans them up.  Smile

Trying owning and playing a 6 string bass, Jen!  A set of strings for my Tobias will easily cost me $50! When I was playing in a band and at church all the time, I would change my strings every 6 months.  Now I am lucky to change them annually.

As far as breaking a bass string, I have only broken one and that was while changing a set and overwound the string.  During playing, I have never broken a bass string.

I have 2 6 string basses, plus a fretless....by the time I get 2 sets for the 6's, and a tapewound set for the fretless, I'm at $125-130.
I had Dean 4-string bass years ago that I would regularly break the A string, other than that I haven't ever had breakage issues. I think it was a problem with the bridge saddle, because that's always where it came apart.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2020 9:06 am

Sorry to hear Vonnie. What do you have to do about it?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2020 10:28 am

Black Rider wrote:
Not knocking it, just find it unusual that in such a small group, this many play bass.

Would you rather us play kazoo?  I did play one quite well, if I do say so, on my "Bound For A Throne" song.

I can be the first heavy metal kazooist!!!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2020 10:29 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
Yep, there we go again.

Forehead cavity infection?  Is that like a sinus infection?

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2020 3:55 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
rockerVu2 wrote:
Yep, there we go again.

Forehead cavity infection?  Is that like a sinus infection?

Oh man, that doesn't sound good. I have a sinus infection that has moved into my lungs....my wife thinks I might have walking pneumonia....I really hate this time of the year.

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2020 9:34 am

Well, some good news with FSU. My daughter and I visited the financial aid office yesterday and found out a ton of information. 

She qualifies for a state scholarship and the good news with that is it will only cost us $24 a credit hour out of pocket! That was a relief. As I stated earlier I do have a prepaid account with the state and those funds will help but there isn't a lot in there so it will run dry fast. Plus books will be out of pocket but the prepaid account will cover books. 

Our second issue was that while she was accepted to FSU we had no way to accept the offer. It was a digital letter on the FSU website saying she had been accepted but there was no way to respond. They told us there has been a glitch in the system and there should be an "intent to enroll" link that has been missing from several people's accounts (including ours). They were also supposed to send out an email with links and that never came either. So glad we went to work it out, the guy in admin said he just needed a written statement from her that she planned to enroll for summer session so we took care of that as well. 

I was really sweating it because FSU only accepts about 37% of applicants and there were students more qualified than her to attend. She applied for fall but they offered summer session (which is better anyway, it's a good way to start with only 6 hours instead of a full load). Her ACT was a 28 and GPA 3.7. For fall they look for applicants with a 4.3 weighted and 32 on ACT. Those with a 28 may be offered summer session so we are thankful this part of the journey is over.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2020 10:22 am

Glad to hear that's she's started this journey.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2020 8:39 am

Yep It's a sinus infection.

It goes away after 4 or 5 days.
But you never feel so well when you have a sinus infection.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2020 3:53 am

Ugh. Poor you, Yvonne. I hope you feel better soon.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2020 8:37 am

Jen, it's better now.

Today a major storm depreesion comes over.  With a lot of rain and strong gusts of wind.
Special in the evening it can be hard.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2020 5:28 pm

We had a winter storm recently and got a foot of snow. I just spent two hours shoveling the back deck off. One of my roommates put in at least an hour and a half on Friday to clear out the driveway. The roads were horrendous. It'll take the city all week to steadily clear snowbanks.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2020 7:35 pm

That stinks, stay safe.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2020 7:45 pm

Things are better now. Snow stopped falling on Friday. Roads aren't slippery but still coated with snow. Still beats living with alligators.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2020 8:45 pm

Driven wrote:
Things are better now. Snow stopped falling on Friday. Roads aren't slippery but still coated with snow. Still beats living with alligators.

We now have had a couple of actual gator sightings outside of Memphis, TN.  So, technically, I live in a state that occasionally gets snow and has two or three alligators living in it in the wild.

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2020 9:51 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Driven wrote:

We now have had a couple of actual gator sightings outside of Memphis, TN.  So, technically, I live in a state that occasionally gets snow and has two or three alligators living in it in the wild.

I'll do you one better.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/escaped-crocodile-montreal-1.5397213

Okay, it's an escapee... Wink
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 1:18 pm

I forgot my lunch today at work so I decided to see what the vending machine had to offer. This is what I saw:

Random Ramblings - Page 21 0MXdUDIgOQMKrFStklTLtPX0dSai7MGJueAYeY_OO-khELFcmZMEU-HN89uHzIrI-dTvdzEUPBTBwvjiboxb3T1Ye5TJvneg5cEClo0gM7VwcF6Fnzokko-f9IKMm5A86-qtSL6s9XLKXf5Uzw

Do I REALLY want that? Ummm NO THANKS. I'll go hungry before I eat something called BIG AZ. If you eat enough of them you will probably HAVE a Big Az!

Last edited by MikeInFla on Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2020 7:12 am

We've had rain almost everyday for two weeks.  On Friday, the rain stopped long enough for it to snow for a little while.  The temps dropped back into the 20s overnight.  Oh, well.  I can wrap up when it is cold to direct traffic at school better than I can wear that stupid rain gear everyday that makes me look like the world's largest Minion.

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2020 11:34 am

But people love Minions.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2020 11:36 am

Black Rider wrote:
But people love Minions.
True dat.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2020 1:53 pm

Xid wrote:
Black Rider wrote:
But people love Minions.
True dat.

Tritto!

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 21 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next