Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Petra Tour History

Go down 
+5
Black Rider
Normaniac
Dynamis
alldatndensum
hubieg
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
hubieg

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2020-01-31

Petra Tour History Empty
PostSubject: Petra Tour History   Petra Tour History I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2020 1:35 pm

Hi, all,

I'm helping put together the Petra tour archive, a listing of the band's live appearances, at the link below. So far, we're concentrating on 1982-2012.

If you would, take a look and let me know if you see a show, venue information or opening act(s) between those years that we've missed.

Thanks, in advance, for your help!

Bert

https://www.johnwschlitt.com/fans/tourlistpetra.htm
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Petra Tour History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petra Tour History   Petra Tour History I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 6:30 am

I never got to see them live, so I can't be of any help.  Sorry......

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Petra Tour History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petra Tour History   Petra Tour History I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 8:05 pm

It is amazing the relentless touring schedule of Petra back in the day- literally tour until you drop!  For those wondering, I was there on 10/28/1983 in Tacoma, Washington (Pacific Lutheran University).
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2018-04-12

Petra Tour History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petra Tour History   Petra Tour History I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2020 2:36 pm

I was fortunate enough to catch their This Means War/Unseen Power/Beyond Belief tours.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

Petra Tour History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petra Tour History   Petra Tour History I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2020 7:18 pm

Saw the Not of this World tour and they played most of More Power To Ya. Also saw the Beyond Belief tour.
Back to top Go down
hubieg

Petra Tour History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petra Tour History   Petra Tour History I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2020 9:53 pm

Normaniac wrote:
I was fortunate enough to catch their This Means War/Unseen Power/Beyond Belief tours.

I would have LOVED to have seen the This Means War tour! I did see the Beyond Belief tour at the Starwood Amphitheatre in Antioch (Nashville), Tennessee, along with the Wake Up Call at Samford University in Birmingham and the Petra Praise II tour at Lawrence County High School in Lawrenceburg, Tennessee.

How about you? Where did you see YOUR three concerts? ...
Back to top Go down
hubieg

Petra Tour History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petra Tour History   Petra Tour History I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2020 9:57 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Saw the Not of this World tour and they played most of More Power To Ya. Also saw the Beyond Belief tour.

I don't blame them! More Power to Ya was a stellar effort. Lots of folks consider it their best Volz-based album. And you saw what many fans believe to be the band at their peak ... the Beyond Belief tour.

So, do you recall the venue(s) for your shows? Inquiring minds want to know! ...
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Petra Tour History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petra Tour History   Petra Tour History I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2020 11:14 pm

I saw them at this show:

07.10.87 Vancouver, WA, Clark County Fairgrounds: Jesus Northwest Festival

They played This Means War before the album was released.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Normaniac

Normaniac

Petra Tour History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petra Tour History   Petra Tour History I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2020 2:10 am

hubieg wrote:
Normaniac wrote:

I would have LOVED to have seen the This Means War tour! I did see the Beyond Belief tour at the Starwood Amphitheatre in Antioch (Nashville), Tennessee, along with the Wake Up Call at Samford University in Birmingham and the Petra Praise II tour at Lawrence County High School in Lawrenceburg, Tennessee.

They were all in Davenport, Iowa.  A friend of mine at the time owned the local Christian bookstore that helped bring them in, so I had a bit of an inside track on the doings.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Petra Tour History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petra Tour History   Petra Tour History I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2020 8:13 am

Welcome hubieg to CHM.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Petra Tour History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petra Tour History   Petra Tour History I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2020 9:27 am

Forgot I was at the Jesus Northwest show when they played This Means War. 
Saw them at Warner Pacific and the Arlene Schnitzer hall.
Back to top Go down
hubieg

Petra Tour History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petra Tour History   Petra Tour History I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2020 5:54 pm

Normaniac wrote:
hubieg wrote:
Normaniac wrote:

They were all in Davenport, Iowa.  A friend of mine at the time owned the local Christian bookstore that helped bring them in, so I had a bit of an inside track on the doings.
Interesting!

So, we list the Beyond Belief show (11.09.91 at Palmer Auditorium) and the Unseen Power concert (03.04.93 at Palmer Auditorium), but we don't have anything for Davenport for the This Means War (1987-1988) tour. We do show then in Davenport for the On Fire tour (04.13.89 at Masonic Temple). Could that be the one you're thinking of?

If not, I have a new show to investigate!
Back to top Go down
hubieg

Petra Tour History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petra Tour History   Petra Tour History I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2020 5:56 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Saw them at Warner Pacific and the Arlene Schnitzer hall.

Excellent!

So, were these the shows you saw, or were they different years?

Thanks for chiming in!

10.29.83 Portland, OR, Warner Pacific College
11.03.90 Portland, OR, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall (with Josh McDowell)
Back to top Go down
hubieg

Petra Tour History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petra Tour History   Petra Tour History I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2020 5:57 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
Welcome hubieg to CHM.
Thank you! Glad to be here!
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Petra Tour History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petra Tour History   Petra Tour History I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2020 6:25 pm

Hubieg, those are the years.
Back to top Go down
hubieg

Petra Tour History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petra Tour History   Petra Tour History I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2020 6:39 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Hubieg, those are the years.
Gotcha! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Petra Tour History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petra Tour History   Petra Tour History I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2020 8:56 pm

Black Rider wrote:
We were at the same show!  Our youth group stopped at JNW on our way to Mexico for an outreach.  We drove all the way from Seattle to Mexico in an old, blue school bus.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Normaniac

Normaniac

Petra Tour History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petra Tour History   Petra Tour History I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 2:49 am

hubieg wrote:
Normaniac wrote:
hubieg wrote:
Normaniac wrote:

Interesting!

So, we list the Beyond Belief show (11.09.91 at Palmer Auditorium) and the Unseen Power concert (03.04.93 at Palmer Auditorium), but we don't have anything for Davenport for the This Means War (1987-1988) tour. We do show then in Davenport for the On Fire tour (04.13.89 at Masonic Temple). Could that be the one you're thinking of?

If not, I have a new show to investigate!
I think you're right.  It was the On Fire tour.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Petra Tour History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petra Tour History   Petra Tour History I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 9:16 am

XId, we did a Mexico trip but it was in vans. JNW was pretty cool, went a few times.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Petra Tour History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petra Tour History   Petra Tour History I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 9:55 am

I saw them with Mylon and Broken Heart? Knoxville, TN. Can't remember if it was Morgan Cryer or Mylon.  Might have been 11/21/85 but I don't remember at all. I remember they did say they were recording for a live album so it might've been Back To The Street era but I don't see a date listed there. We went as a youth group from church. I only remember two things about it - it was cold outside and they said they were recording a live album. By this time I had moved on to heavier music like Stryper so I wasn't really into it. Looking back I should've paid more attention and I know I would enjoy it more now than I did then as a dumb teenager who wanted to hear only metal.
Back to top Go down
hubieg

Petra Tour History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petra Tour History   Petra Tour History I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 5:23 pm

Quote :

I think you're right.  It was the On Fire tour.

No worries. Just wanted to make sure.

Thanks, again, for your comment. Always appreciated!
Back to top Go down
hubieg

Petra Tour History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petra Tour History   Petra Tour History I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
I saw them with Mylon and Broken Heart? Knoxville, TN. Can't remember if it was Morgan Cryer or Mylon.  Might have been 11/21/85 but I don't remember at all. I remember they did say they were recording for a live album so it might've been Back To The Street era but I don't see a date listed there. We went as a youth group from church. I only remember two things about it - it was cold outside and they said they were recording a live album. By this time I had moved on to heavier music like Stryper so I wasn't really into it. Looking back I should've paid more attention and I know I would enjoy it more now than I did then as a dumb teenager who wanted to hear only metal.

Mike, 

That almost certainly was the show you saw. The Captured in Time and Space live album was recorded over three evenings in 1985: Nov 21 in Knoxville, Nov 22 in Greenville, South Carolina, and Nov 23 in Columbia, South Carolina.

Who knows: if you listen closely enough, you may hear yourself cheering during the quite spots on the album!

Bert

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captured_in_Time_and_Space
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Petra Tour History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petra Tour History   Petra Tour History I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2020 7:07 am

hubieg wrote:
Normaniac wrote:

With you seeing two Tennessee shows, are you a Tennessee resident?  I am!  MikeInFla is a recovering TN resident.  He is now in Florida.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
hubieg

Petra Tour History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petra Tour History   Petra Tour History I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2020 8:20 am

alldatndensum wrote:

With you seeing two Tennessee shows, are you a Tennessee resident?  I am!  MikeInFla is a recovering TN resident.  He is now in Florida.

My dad and his family are from Tennessee (Memphis), but I am an Alabama native. The band usually bypassed my home city in favor of larger locales such as Nashville, Atlanta and Birmingham.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Petra Tour History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petra Tour History   Petra Tour History I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2020 10:08 am

hubieg wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

My dad and his family are from Tennessee (Memphis), but I am an Alabama native. The band usually bypassed my home city in favor of larger locales such as Nashville, Atlanta and Birmingham.

I am sure they came to Nashville more often than I knew, but I only ever heard of the final show they did in Franklin, TN that I could not attend.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Petra Tour History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Petra Tour History   Petra Tour History I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Petra Tour History
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next