Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Petra Tour History Page - Updates

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
hubieg

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2020-01-31

Petra Tour History Page - Updates Empty
PostSubject: Petra Tour History Page - Updates   Petra Tour History Page - Updates I_icon_minitime8/7/2022, 2:36 pm

Hi, all,

It's been two and a half years since I first solicited input to our Petra tour history page. Since that time, we've added 100+ concerts to our gigography, which now includes early shows between the band's beginning and 1981.

At any rate, take a look at our updated page and let us know if you see a show, venue or opening act(s) we've missed.

Thanks, in advance, for checking it out!

https://www.johnwschlitt.com/fans/tourlistpetra.htm

Fundy and MikeInFla like this post

Back to top Go down
DANet

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2020-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Petra Tour History Page - Updates   Petra Tour History Page - Updates I_icon_minitime8/8/2022, 11:05 am

hubieg wrote:
Hi, all,

It's been two and a half years since I first solicited input to our Petra tour history page. Since that time, we've added 100+ concerts to our gigography, which now includes early shows between the band's beginning and 1981.

At any rate, take a look at our updated page and let us know if you see a show, venue or opening act(s) we've missed.

11.02.91 Caronport, SK, Briercrest College and Seminary (with Rhythm & News)

My first concert!  I was pretty young and went with the youth group from a friend's church...I distinctly remember the concert but couldn't remember when or where it was lol...

Things I remember about the concert:
-The opening band for this concert was Rhythm & News
-The start time of the event was delayed by a snow storm.  I recall someone (the MC, promoter, or Petra's manager etc) asking the entire crowd if it was OK if Petra play their entire show and have the night end late...and of course the answer was YES!
-I remember John Lawry did an awesome keyboard solo and ended the solo with a synthesized keyboard phrase that said "J J J J J J J Jesus loves you"
-I remember Louie Weaver doing a drum solo and hitting cymbals behind his head without looking
-I remember the band played "I Will Call Upon The Lord" just like on the "Petra Praise: The Rock Cries Out" album including getting everyone to sing in the round
-I remember with the late start time and the 2.5 hr drive home afterward we got home really late lol

Coincidently, my wife recently found a box of books and papers and my Petra ticket from this concert fell out of the box...I don't normally keep stuff like that but this tiny scrap of paper somehow survived.  If you want a photo scan of the ticket for your archives I can provide it...
Back to top Go down
hubieg

PostSubject: Re: Petra Tour History Page - Updates   Petra Tour History Page - Updates I_icon_minitime8/8/2022, 12:08 pm

DANet wrote:
hubieg wrote:
Hi, all,

Take a look at our updated page and let us know if you see a show, venue or opening act(s) we've missed.

11.02.91 Caronport, SK, Briercrest College and Seminary (with Rhythm & News)

My first concert!  I was pretty young and went with the youth group from a friend's church...I distinctly remember the concert but couldn't remember when or where it was lol...

If you want a photo scan of the ticket for your archives I can provide it...
Thanks for your detailed reply. Great reading! And, by all means, I would love to see a scan of the stub. Thanks, again!
Back to top Go down
DANet

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2020-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Petra Tour History Page - Updates   Petra Tour History Page - Updates I_icon_minitime8/11/2022, 9:39 pm

Here it is...a piece of history lol

Petra Tour History Page - Updates Petra_11

Fundy and hubieg like this post

Back to top Go down
hubieg

PostSubject: Re: Petra Tour History Page - Updates   Petra Tour History Page - Updates I_icon_minitime8/12/2022, 6:32 am

DANet wrote:
Here it is...a piece of history lol

Petra Tour History Page - Updates Petra_11
Outstanding! Thanks for posting.

DANet likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Petra Tour History Page - Updates   Petra Tour History Page - Updates I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Petra Tour History Page - Updates
Page 1 of 1